Take your construction changes...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Feb 9, 2022.

1. RabidIBM

...and ctrl+z them. You probably thought I was going to say something a lot ruder, and believe me I'm thinking it!

I'll have some more bug reports to submit once I've figured out the patterns, the latest one has it telling me I don't have line of sight when I DEFINITELY HAVE LINE OF ****ING SIGHT!

Anyways, I find myself saying it again, the construction "overhaul" looks like a phone update. You scrambled the UI, made it take more steps to do the same things, added bugs, and added absolutely no function whatsoever.

At this point I'm not asking for anything fancy, or well thought out. Please, just take these changes, and improve them by hitting ctrl+z.
    • Up x 3
  2. SilentSueRia

heh... given the "Road Map" they just put out... We can easily assume they won't ever be doing anything to make Construction work... Not ever... The "Continent Built for Construction" really has proven too be nothing more then a token PR check box. With a road Map with absolutely NO mention about even poking at construction just goes too show, they wish it wasn't even in the game.

It is pretty much an out of control death spiral at this point.
    Devs won't do anything to fix construction cause no one plays it or too few play it.
    Too few to no one plays it cause it is not rewarding enough too most people to even care about trying, so they follow the zerg battles instead.
    The only way to get people to want to do construction is to do massive reworks that make the experience actually rewarding, which then leads to the full circle death spiral of the construction system, since the devs won't address the problems cause no one or not enough play construction.

The way Oshur is, it looks like nothing more then a lazy "last ditch effort" to encourage construction in a way as too not actually do anything to actually fix it or make it better. A lot of things about the locations look like they are more of a trial test run too see if a "satisfactory amount of players" will use the construction system. If it doesn't happen, then it looks like they have a Plan-B ready to simply remove the construction element all together and redo the maps to exclude construction.
  3. lemurwrangler

heh... given the "Road Map" they just put out... We can easily assume they won't ever be doing anything to make Construction work... Not ever... The "Continent Built for Construction" really has proven too be nothing more then a token PR check box. With a road Map with absolutely NO mention about even poking at construction just goes too show, they wish it wasn't even in the game.

It is pretty much an out of control death spiral at this point.
    Devs won't do anything to fix construction cause no one plays it or too few play it.
    Too few to no one plays it cause it is not rewarding enough too most people to even care about trying, so they follow the zerg battles instead.
    The only way to get people to want to do construction is to do massive reworks that make the experience actually rewarding, which then leads to the full circle death spiral of the construction system, since the devs won't address the problems cause no one or not enough play construction.

The way Oshur is, it looks like nothing more then a lazy "last ditch effort" to encourage construction in a way as too not actually do anything to actually fix it or make it better. A lot of things about the locations look like they are more of a trial test run too see if a "satisfactory amount of players" will use the construction system. If it doesn't happen, then it looks like they have a Plan-B ready to simply remove the construction element all together and redo the maps to exclude construction.
  4. lemurwrangler

At this point I'm not asking for anything fancy, or well thought out. Please, just take these changes, and improve them by hitting ctrl+z.
  5. SilentSueRia

You may as well give the Devs what they want at this point, an excuse to delete construction all together.
    They have not done anything genuine to actually make construction work. They don't plan too.
    There was no way to avoid the death spiral, because there was no will too.

Pretty easy to tell they have no genuine intent on making construction work.
    They reject all construction suggestions from anyone not employed by Daybreak.
    They only ever make bare bones improvement to maintain a PR checkbox of "we did make improvements and did try to make it work," style bare bones mockery.
    All other content added to the game in all other area's make killing player bases easier and easier and easier. Bastons, Cortiam Bombs, OSB anywhere on outfit demand, plus more more more...
    What did construction get? 1 chance to omit 1 OSB from a Skywall Shield, which wont amount too anything if an outfit has readied 2 OSB's, a reorganized base part layout, a Plan A map of Oshur that waits to be replaced by Plan B Oshur that doesn't include construction.
    • Up x 1
  6. RabidIBM

I can assure that they have no intention of removing construction entirely because they have been selling it for DBC. If they removed it then they would have to pay that out. Zero chance of that happening.

I don't think their is active malice towards construction so much "Boss who's never wrong" syndrome.
  7. SilentSueRia

Unless they get sued and lose, they won't pay it out even if they delete it.
    If anything, it is more likely that accounting is saying construction ISN'T making the sells, so they don't invest in it, since not enough are buying into it.
    And not enough are buying into it, because the rewarding experience is far too low. Far too slow a rate with it being far too easily destroyed by the simplest of measures, even by only 1 attacking player.
    Too much work, for far too little and too easily destroyed. Any observer can notice. Any active user has experienced.
    The death spiral of construction continues.
    The only thing that is actually going to stop this death spiral is if someone in Daybreak staffing authority finally decides to take an extreme risk and actually gamble with actually trying to upgrade, add features and make it a lot easier to design before deploy features, co-ordination features, and allow players to donate base parts and a lot more, in the hopes and actual, genuinely meaningful attempts, to get it actually working.
    This recent Road Map shows that choice was rejected and rejected with a hard pass.
  8. RabidIBM

The thing is that it wouldn't be much of a risk. Some of what builder players are asking for wouldn't be hard to implement. I did my own thread on how I would fix construction and one of my major points was to keep it light on resources.