[Video] This is Planetside 2 - Oshur version

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aeronote, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Aeronote

Hey, here is my contribution to showing off the new continent, I hope you enjoy!
    • Up x 1
  2. JustGotSuspended

I didn't make this but I gotta share it when someone mention's Oshur. Enjoy!
    • Up x 1
  3. VeryCoolMiller

this video is the best part of oshur release :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Aeronote

Wow, is this what the PS2 community has become?
  5. JustGotSuspended

what's left of it

cool vid you made though I left a like
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

pretty map, looks good in videos.
    shame the gameplay is nothing but vehicle zergs and spawncamps.
    • Up x 1
  7. JustGotSuspended

All these updates have just been epic youtube/twitter thumbnails, but do nothing more than slowly kill off the rest of the playerbase and further disappoint all the people who come back to check this updates.

Bastions: look pretty neat in pictures, are just a2g XXL
    Colossus: Look impressive, are pretty bad against bastions, so just puled during off hours to farm infantry and vehicles.
    Sanctuary: Looks nice. Too bad it's useless..??!?!?
    Containment sites: Beautiful in pictures, awful to play in.
    Oshur: probably the best looking continent, and the worst to play in.

...overall each little piece of the update is incredible. We can tell the team members have talent. Sounds/effects are great, visuals are stunning compared to what we're used to....but in the bigger picture all these additions further detriment the gameplay. The general idea isn't good. It's like building the prettiest building on a foundation of quicksand.

It's cool to make nice looking videos but what's the point if the game is unplayable? Most people don't stick around because a shooting game looks pretty in a vid.
    • Up x 1
  8. Twin Suns

Oh da horror!!! The map blows chunks. LMFAO
    • Up x 1
  9. Aeronote

I enjoy the game and I like making videos, my friend told me it made her want to try the game, so it's a win for me, I do it for fun :)
    Sorry that you don't enjoy the current state of the game, I don't like all the small bugs & agree that the game is not perfect but at the end of a session I'm happy and had a blast, I hope it shows in the vid!

Actually I'm back after a long break and Oshur feels refreshing, I don't platoon lead so I can't understand the concerns of PLs but each time I joined a platoon there was fun to be had.
    • Up x 1
  10. AuricStarSand

Your video is pleasant. Seemless & only 2 min = good.

No not everyone. Just salty infantry players spamming every thread, even when it's not related to infantry, like your video isn't. The other half of the playerbase enjoys Oshur.

People like updates, I don't blame them. I ask for updates all the time, for fun. Some playstyles may require more dev help, than others, per map. I suppose.

Field fights would be fine for infantry, if they had more trenches, bunkers, or hidden tall grass. Instead they just have some Amerish style trees & boulders to hide around. So the fields do require some extra terrain, to support infantry fights.

PS2 needs YT exposure, more the merrier.
    • Up x 1