How do you defend a silo, when the main allied zerg outfit, redeploys constantly??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 23, 2021.

1. AuricStarSand

Fair enough. Yet some walls & 1 extra AV turret are gone from those pictures. The standing tall AV turret got knocked out 1st obviously, av sniping is OP.

I'd still have the zerg outfit for my faction redeploying from the defensive front line they had at the Bastion (that vs held for over 1 hour or fought to defend it for 30 min. Leaving me solo to defend, once they redeployed from that fight, & went elsewhere. Even if things were positioned better.

The Wall of China silo, I had yesterday, was x20 bigger than this. Yet a few seconds, after I got done helping to build it, for the harvesters. It immediately got nuked & flailed, gone in 1 sec, 1 hour of work building, gone instantly. Maybe making a thread for anyone to tell the story of how their daily silo gameplay went. With photos for the new day.
  2. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

I asked 48 - 98 Allies this question *see chat window*, even tho I know what their response already is going to be. Because I've asked 48 - 98 of them this 20+ times & nobody has ever said or pm'ed with " ye, I'll help build, what location? "
    I've asked in diff ways, " Any Ant's wanna build? " It's def not a pub option.

So this idea of " friends " helping you build or defend is nonsense, & only applies to niche people who have a bunch of college dorm room friends or something. Or a outfit that got super bored 1 night & tried to build, once per week. Other than that, most of the week, it's solo ant's, doing solo ant stuff. & The solo ant'er is the majority & the solo ant build experience is horrible. They want to infantry farm, not defend silos, & not help build. They just want to infantry farm. Maybe TR does a lil more vehicles. The for NC & VS, its mostly infantry farmers who don't want to defend silos & don't want to help build. & Especially don't want to help harvest 99% of them. Only 1% out of all of them, helps harvest, once awhile.

Even on X-mas I'm not able to find 1 pub teamate helper, from the start of the Indar alert. I'd have to pm someone, tho that's not a fresh silo I'm able to pick a location for. If that person you pm, who has a ant already, even responds. That's about it for ant gameplay. Till maybe 3 hours later & some Aussies or Chinese get on then okay sure, a few of them may build together, yet I've also seen theirs bases easily destroyed as well. Even with defenders. The front line rarely works out. I wish for the holidays, for an extra AV turret, more hp for turrets, more hp for walls, smaller turret circles, a infil spotting device in silos for crouch infils, & reduced item damage / upgraded skyshield against small flail os outposts (if the allied silo has 24 items) :)
  3. RabidIBM

Well, they're not going to hang around after the Bastion has fallen. It's great that you built a base to further augment the defenses at an already strong base, but once that base has fallen your PMB has outlived its purpose. There were probably priorities elsewhere. How much PL experience do you have? That is one of my points for builders is to have PL experience so you can understand the decisions a PL has to make and anticipate them. Once you can anticipate the PLs' decisions you can build bases at times and in places where they will get players defending them.

If you have no PL experience than the best builder advice I can give is to put the construction tools down and get some leading experience.
  4. AuricStarSand

Ant defense, shouldn't be limited to platoon leaders & I've been a platoon leader plenty of times, never helps. " Hey platoon, defend my silo " (crickets) (nobody arives) (has full platoon) (drops platoon beacons & 6 attack & shield beacons = still nobody shows) (already is the most vocal vet on the server, still nothing). Meanwhile enemy tank division is shooting all my items.

& to the other guy Pat mentioning building positions. This was only a 2 char built base, I've built 4 char bases, already stated the walls are knocked down, & 1 av turret destroyed prior to pics. Not only that but the base was double wall'ed, where as most silos aren't even double wall'ed. If the AV turrets fall, once per 20 seconds, than all this talk about wall positions means jack nothing. Once the AV turrets fall, 400 walls won't save you. So stop talking about building positions, when the turrets are the main defense of everything you built, & the turrets are easily sniped in under 20 seconds, per turret.

Most of my faction is medic farmers, they barely pull vehicles, the allied zerg outfits don't defend silo's, & pub platoons don't defend silos. If I get 1 ant ally who helps harvest, rarely, then he usually ditches the silo when its being attacked. So please stop suggesting I get squad members to defend, they don't want to 99% of the time. Not pub, not zerg outfit, not medic farmers, not infantry farmers, nobody. Stop it. Theirs nobody.

Then stop telling me about how to position stuff. I could have a silo surrounded by 4 layers of walls & 4 AV turrets, (which I've had plenty of times) it stills dies in less than a minute. So then what are you gonna reply with? More building advice, for a quadruple layed wall'ed / gated silo with 4 AV turrets, & 4 skyshields? No thanks.

Sure I'll listen to advice for the fun of the topic, tho I don't believe it's a solid answer to any of this. This never was a lack of pro building debate. Theirs no amount of pro building, that'll stop your AV turrets from getting sniped in under 20 secs. Theirs no amount of pro building that'll solo defeat a enemy tank squad. Theirs no amount of pro building advice that'll hunt that crouching infil cortium bomber in your base. Theirs no amount of pro building, that'll stop a small hidden flail os outpost from wrecking your entire bigger silo in 1 hit, while your busy building or harvesting.

P.s. Also if your telling me where to build as for locations or terrain, that just proves my point, that silos are so weak you can't build wherever you want / or near the front lines. That you have to throw silos in some ditch or mountain top, so it can't be av sniped. That's limiting. That also means no front line silos. So buff silos for the front line.

Also that base, is surrounded by 3 vanguard, 1 reaver, 1 cort bombing infil, 1 sunder bus, 2 LA, & 1 lightning, you think placing some sunder garages more smoothly, is going to stop that assault solo? Nope. Their was no wall gaps before the pics. Allies to defend? I just told yall they redeployed, all of them, to defend outfit resources. You can't ask outfit resource defenders, to defend your random silo for a region they bailed on. Also saying welp that silo is doomed, start over. Well that doesn't work, because the main zerg outfit redeploys ALL the time. So even if I built again, they bail on a region to defend another outfit resouce base elsewhere, it happens all throughout every day 24/7. The main allied zerg outfit doesn't defend anyones silo's ever, it's that simple. & pub platoons won't either.
  5. Tormentos

Let's see...
    - Building a base near the most contested base in all of Planetside 2.
    - Asking for reinforcements
    - Wondering why no one wants to join when everyone else has the defense of the regular base in mind
    - Becoming angered when everyone denies support for wanting to do other things more destructive to the attacker.

The problem is not with all these people, good sir. Nor is it with their chain of command. The problem is your approach on setting priorities. Every leader worth their salt knows that dividing forces is also dividing their firepower.

And since we are talking Crown here, the best course of action is not to split up and attack from several sides, the best course of action is shock and awe. Crushing the enemy so hard he rethinks his plans of taking Crown. You can only do that with focused fire. If you are too spread out, you can not focus fire.
  6. AuricStarSand

I threw out that sentence to ask them, 100% for the purpose of the screenshot, & not actually to ask them, that time. So I wasn't angry. I expected them not to pm me, prior to asking. I only needed the screenshot. Tho ye, the result of a fake request? ye they didn't wanna co build, nobody did. & most likely wouldn't have co defended either. Tho I wasn't angry, I'm just trying to figure out a way to let the forums know that.

I tell people in-game, " hey these forumers, believe that silo defenders are around like hot cakes ". After asking them for help in any way possible. Yeah they want to infantry farm, that's fine they don't have to help defend silos. But the silos ironically rely on defenders, till a update. But the alert just started, its not like they have to only infantry farm the tower? So, its a matter of interest. Either way that leaves me to build, harvest, & defend solo & that screenshot proves that all people online, have zero interest in defending or helping harvest. Besides maybe like 1 ant, who I'd have to follow to his silo or pm him. Besides him, theirs nobody,

At the end of the day, there's enemy pubs squads going out of their way to destroy my silo items, but theirs no pub allied squads going out of their way to defend said allied silo like a guard dog.

P.s. If someone can push 2 buttons / pocket os's to destroy my silo in 1 sec, then can I push 2 buttons to instantly construct a 1 hour sized silo?
  7. alienprobe

You are right about the 1 hour wasted for not much return on investment. That is why I don't bother anymore. And instead I just follow huge fights and make a quick simple base's, silo and spawn vehicle pad and try to get it up over 20k certs.

That way occasionally they will mass redeploy back to your base and start building base by themselves and get a good base fight.

That's the only time you get a good return on time wasted. unless of course esf nest or orbital base, router base etc.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pat22

Stop thinking that more = better. You only need 1 char's worth of items to build a good base.

Stop adding useless layers of bad walls and instead build a single layer of good walls.

This is true, stop relying on turrets being anything more than your first layer of defense. Build a base that doesn't need turrets, and then the turrets are just the cherry on top.

Yes there is, if you properly protect the critical components of your base, a tank squad can't do anything to your base except kill the turrets.

Yes, properly protect the critical components of your base and it is easy to predict where the infil will go to try to reach them, and cortium bombing the rest of the base does nothing.

An OS will not do much damage to a base that's under a skyshield. A Flail also cannot do any significant damage through a skyshield. It takes a huge amount of time for an OS to build up and you can see it easily, so you should know it's coming.

Frankly this whole "1-hit your silo" thing you keep repeating is complete nonsense.

And finally,, yes, if you are defending your base outnumbered 11 to 1, your base is doomed. You might be able to make it last longer through better building, but it is doomed at those odds no matter what.
  9. RiP0k

Yes and no. Any base is very vulnerable in its current state, and in 80% of cases it does not pay for your investment in time. That's all the complaints. A cortium bomb was a fly in the ointment in a barrel of spoiled honey.
    And the second problem is ignoring your base by allies.
    • Up x 1
  10. CompletelyDeadCoyote

I have an opposite question, as a solo infantry player. How do you know, that there's a player-constructed base in need of defence?