The one thing worse than the wide spread hacking

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkQuark, Dec 26, 2021.

1. DarkQuark

The deafening silence coming from the devs over it.
    • Up x 6
  2. shortstraw

Yes, get off your *** and do something about it. Or recruit players to do it for yous!
    • Up x 1
  3. FLHuk

I miss Andy Sites twitter feed. He was a great source of timely and truthful information.
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

people just love blowing this subject out of proportion
    • Up x 1
  5. DarkQuark

In the past I would have agreed with you. I would hear people speak of hackers but I would never see them. Sure, now and then you run into some guy that would kill you several times with perfect head shots and that was questionable. But now you have flying maxes, people under the terrain and spawn killers. I now see this routinely. So no, it's NOT being blown out of proportion.
  6. JustGotSuspended

Routinely? Widespread? Come on dude. Even cyrious made a vid about it and it's like 1 guy that decided he needs to cheat to get kills.
    • Up x 1
  7. FLHuk

I'm sure every single new player being farmed in spawn rooms to a flying max has laughed it off. On more than one server over several days with glacial response times to the correct reporting method.

You're right, I hadn't realised I was over reacting till I read your well reasoned and articulate explanation.

Love you x
    • Up x 2
  8. Scurge

If the company stops flipping owners and restructuring that would help.

Something else that would help would be the new owner making money and not loosing it on the market. They bought it in Dec 2020 when the stock was 13 then it quickly dropped to the current 3.60. Then to make it worse they have to split the income to large amount of games.

New owner or server's shutting down incoming!
  9. alienprobe

I come from soltech last 3 years, now forced to play on emerald last two days.. hackers are just as bad on emerald as soltech ATM.
  10. synkrotron

at the moment, yes, it is routine and widespread, or, at least it has been... may be they are taking a bit of a break for Christmas...

the cheater isn't doing this to get kills

he says he is doing it to deliberately grief the game even if that means griefing the player base
  11. JustGotSuspended

Dam the only thing rarer than a hacker in this game....

A new player!!!!!

Take a pic with him next time
  12. FLHuk

I did LOL, ty.

I encounter a lot as gunners and the constant sound of my voice saying "It's a Kobalt, it's not hurting that tank..." etc lands mostly of deaf ears.

Unless bots are a thing they're new ;)
  13. Scurge

Hell screw pictures this is the video of that event.

• Up x 1
  14. OpolE

Hello from Planetside 1 from 2005. The dev's will never get a grip of this fast enough. 16 years on nothing changes
  15. JustGotSuspended

Yes, it is routine, widespread.

THE cheater (singlar)....

you guys say one thing in one sentence then introduce a total contradiction in the next lol. How can it be routine and widespread if it's one dude??? come on
    • Up x 1
  16. JustGotSuspended

There's people that shoot at literally everything. I've got ASP 100 friends that are better than me at infantry that climb in a vehicle and seem to switch off their brains, shooting at libs with Kobalts.

I also taught an ASP 100 backspace to reply, and another how to /re chat.

I wouldn't entirely judge new players by how they behave
  17. synkrotron

good point, I guess

it just felt bad because it was pretty much impossible to play on the server when It was online

well... not entirely true... if the hacker was VS, I only went to NC/TR fights, and if hacker was TR then I only went to NC/VS fights, and that helped to mitigate most of the grief
  18. AuricStarSand

Ye for Connery server, it's only like 1 hacker per 3 days, that's not widespread.
    Even then many people talk about that 1 hacker, all day long,
    & you usually don't see him again.

We also have people interested lately, who'll go tk the hacker, with alts.
    Yet they still need a in-game report function.
    If enough people report the same 1 person.
    Emails are outdated.
  19. blackboemmel

There is an ingame report function. It became useless because a lot of small brained players spammed it every time they got killed. Impossible to check 5000+ reports/day.
    There even was an auto ban function. That got killed by some veteran clowns that managed to trigger the auto ban on purpose without cheating. "Look how incredibly good i am: Game thinks i'm hacking!"
    • Up x 1
  20. JustGotSuspended

^

yeah exactly lol

It's easy to rage at the devs on this one but actually for once it's mostly the community that's responsible for the failures of the anti-cheat measures.

Even in this thread a dude admitted to spamming /report millions of times until he got banned for abusing /report. And then with the daily encounters in game it's glaringly obvious you can't offer an easy to use in game report function, since it'd only be as smart as the people using it. In this case, you'd be investigating every player on the server every 5 minutes if you actually followed up on those reports. Can't blame the devs for discarding that method and forcing people to actually work to report. They must still be getting spammed but at lest its a bit more controlled.

Auto-ban was a decent idea, but it's already pretty hard to implement properly, and it wasn't helped by the bozos who decided to compete on who could get auto-banned playing legit - then on top of that made so much noise acting like they actually play like that regularly in game and got the system removed.

That's not to say there isn't anything they could improve I guess, but I wouldn't invest too much into it since no ones gonna notice/care anyways. People who see hackers everywhere will still think every death of theirs was to cheating, and people who know cheaters are a rare occurrence won't notice if the frequency of cheating goes from one every 6 months to one every year, or the reaction time to banning them goes from 1 hour to 30 mins. It's a lose-lose.
    • Up x 1