A class that one hit kills while invisible at a distance is killing the fun.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Redfeather1975, Dec 9, 2021.

1. JustGotSuspended

Thanks!

About the missions they were designed by the devs to be completed in a session, and most should not take more than 30mins-1hour to complete. Ofc it depends on the people online, or how many times you've done the mission and gotten used to it. My personal tip is just go for the ones that match your playstyle, and you'll complete them without even realizing it.

For example I usually do bounty hunter, the HA one and the holiday ones.
  2. JustGotSuspended

Honestly the best advice we can give a new player for dealing with infils, a2g, and whatever other cheese this game ferments is alt + f4, uninstall.
    • Up x 1
  3. Redfeather1975

I am really frustrated right now. Nothing else frustrates me this much. Nothing else seems so lopsided.
  4. Scroffel5

Are you able to take clips and share them, or do you play NC on Emerald? I can play with you sometime so I can see what's going on.
  5. BlackFox

It's the typical Infiltrator flood that happens every weekend. Played for 30 minutes and there wasn't a single battle on Miller without masses of infiltrators lurking around every corner. If the snipers won't get you it's the a-holes with Commissioners
  6. JustGotSuspended

a2g?
  7. Scroffel5

Emerald's not really like that. Sorry for your Miller. I don't really like Stalkers with Commies either. They feel too powerful because you can't find them like a normal Infiltrator. The Commissioner by itself is too accurate and meta. It needs a nerf.
  8. TripSin

I play on Connery and I never feel like it's just a ton of infiltrators fighting each other and infils don't give me much problems.
  9. Betasrealm

kills cam basically solved the issue of invisible snipers tbh...

I switched to the obelisk on my Vanu character when kill cams came in because sniping just wasn't sustainable anymore.

Before kill cams you could stay in the same place for ages if you had a silencer without being disturbed,
    But now you just get salty *** hats looking for vengeance...
  10. Eberron101

I'm a returnee and forgot how important it is to NEVER stop moving. That said, the accuracy of current snipers is absolutely amazing so even A/D spamming wont save you. You just accept that you will be headshot at random, from miles away even if in full sprint, A/D spamming or even in mid-air.

Playing a sniper as a returnee though its often frustrating. The new killcam reveals your position immediately to anyone you kill, effectively nullifying the point of finding a sneaky hiding spot. I usually get maybe 2 or 3 headshots before I'm knifed, strafed, run over or countersniped.

Its no fun anymore playing sniper after the killcam, or even playing a victim because half the fun was tracking down the sniper spot and the intense satisfaction of taking them out.

TBH killcam is removing most or all of the fun from the game as a returnee. Sad panda.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scroffel5

Yeah don't A/D spam. You gotta use that mouse.
  12. Bovine74

I honestly dont think infil is a big issue, in fact the most annoying recent trend I have seen is infil wraiths with shotgun, one shot kill with a super fast cloaking. Though while its a trend its relatively minor say compared to any other meta
  13. TripSin

Yes, you are currect in that you want to almost always be moving and if you're in a situation where you could snipe you don't want to move predictably. However, you are incorrect with the idea that you can not avoid being sniped with movement. There are veteran pros out there who can do some really ridiculous movement with strafe switching and mouse movement that combined with the network code or whatever makes them incredibly hard to hit.

Also, one can still snipe effectively even with the killcam present. But you have to develop certain skills and methods. The killcam is more of a detriment to bad players. If you take the time to think and play around it, it won't stop you from sniping.
  14. TripSin

Yeah, agreed. The thing about shotty cloaked wraiths though is that you can still hear the wraith driving near you. I've seen many bad players who I'm driving right next to and they should 100% be able to hear me and react accordingly but they're completely oblivious. In contrast, a good player will hear me near them and be on alert looking out for me, making them a much harder target to kill.

Taking clues from audio in this game is critically important for having good game sense. Unfortunately, this doesn't apply, or at least not nearly as much, in huge fights where there is just a ton of loud sounds that can drown out the sound of the wraith. Also, the wraith also at least has to be out of cloak for 3 seconds before it can recloak.
  15. Scroffel5

Yeah you can react to Wraiths. I drove up to a tank, and I kid you not, this is one of the few times that this has happened, but as soon as I drove up, he turned around. Yet, most players just don't listen and hear you, so you can drive right by a player and they won't notice. But yeah, that point about big fights is true. Lots of shots going on around you make it hard to hear the Wraith.
  16. Bovine74

Yeah I agree in small battles its probably fine, in big battles the shotty wraith is devastating, like I say its not some big game changer, but its definitely a trend, and its irritating as all hell
  17. Scurge

Since day one nobody really liked the ideal of invisible people with sniper rifles or SMG's.

Since day one whoever was running the company has done everything in their power to make sure infiltrators were over the top.

They took away the ability to spot them on thermal vision, a form of a system used to spot them in PS1.

Here we are now, 9 years later. They only got stronger with numbers.

And hell no they aren't that good to constantly single shot headshot people without missing while they are running at a distance or bunny hopping. That's client side tampering.
  18. Scroffel5

Infiltrators shouldn't have SMGs. They really shouldn't. But since they do, we can't take them away. Its unfair to give people a taste of something and remove it. Changing it is fair, but... yeah.

I don't really think Infiltrators are over the top, but if you believe so, so be it.

They had to have reason for that. You can ask around. Its probably not so one-sided as to say that the company owner loved Infiltrators so much that he decided they should be OP or anything like that. There probably was a good reason for removing it, probably that vehicles could spot them and instantly dispatch them, so Thermal Optics were all they were running. Probably something like that.

Yes, everything gets stronger with numbers, but its not like they are the only class being played. There are many more Heavy Assaults than Infiltrators, and it will continue that way for the foreseeable future.

And yeah, they aren't good enough to constantly hit single headshots on people without missing, except for those few really sus people like elusiveTR and ThankYouForComing, but the latter is probably just occasionally hitting those clips or something, idk. The thing is, if you are getting sniped and complaining about it, that Infiltrator saw you as either an easy kill, the only kill they can get, or they can just hit a moving target. And too, many people don't react when they get shot at the first two times, so they just get shot the third time.
  19. Scurge

PS1 nobody had problems with infiltrators on this scale since they were pistol and knife only but we had a backpack system where they could lay mines, spitfires, healing, whatever could fit in the backpack. Most of them ran around hacking enemy vehicles and blowing people up with them.

Now they are mostly snipers with a few 1 hit knife runners. If anything they did infiltrators a major disadvantage game mechanic wise.

Using sorcery to influence lag to keep you in cloak and shooting has gone on far to long and it has been to the best interest of the player base to rather remove the rifle and change the cloaking mechanics to where they cant be abused for as long as they have been.

But as we all know the PS1 developer team was a completely different team than PS2. Game mechanic wise the franchise went from "Chess" to "Checkers" with prettier graphics.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tormentos

Gotta remember that next time I face a heavy head on as an infiltrator. I will go "Shoopus da whoopus!" and fire laser beams out of my eyes and fart fireballs and lightning strikes out of my butt.

Jokes aside, infiltrators are no immortal monsters, no boogie man hiding under your bed at night with a knife in hand (or are they?:D). They can be harmed and they can be defeated.