Top Veteran, furious over silo gameplay for the 100th time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 6, 2021.

1. TripSin

you can't delete posts here? I was going to confirm that VS on Connery tend to not pull vehicles, but then I thought I'm probably saying that due to a lot of confirmation bias.
  2. AuricStarSand

3. RiP0k

There is a much simpler solution. Change Skywall Shield to Citadel Shield with a smaller diameter. This will make both the turrets and the base less vulnerable.
  4. AuricStarSand

Thanks for sharing.

[IMG]

However yes, I'm p
    laying right now. VS hasn't pulled a single vehicle in 2 hours. TR has Watersons surrounded by tanks. NC has some vehicles, but not as much as TR. VS has zero vehicles. Theirs 48 - 98 VS here.. only 2 have pulled a vehicle in 2 hours. Literally. I'm not exaggerating. They'd rather farm the wall, they won't pull if I ask them to drive & still not after they already farmed the wall for 1 hour. Even if the wall farm slows down for a few mins, they still don't pull vehicles. This happens all the time. VS only uses vehicles to travel to the next base, they rarely ever use them to just farm kills with. They only farm with infantry, the vs vets & the noobs alike (besides me).

Right now I'm solo harrasser driving. I have to juke 3 mosi esf's, 1 TR galaxy trying to ram into me 3 times now, many prowler fire, & lightnings, just to arrive ontop of a hilltop to shoot some podshots. So, if I decided I wanted to play Ant rightnow, how would I defend my silo, guys? How? It would be impossible, for 2 hours straight, during kinda high pop hours still (even tho it's nearly 1am / it's Friday). So no vehicles = no defenders = silo can't hold it's own = ant gameplay is pointless on a high pop hour = for vanu = or nc = tr may fair better / maybe not, bout it.

This is proof. Ant gameplay is unplayable this hour especially, & overall. If your faction only pulls vehicles, on some rare occasion the zerg outfit asks them to do so, on the weekends. Tho for most of the week? No, Vanu is just infantry farmers. Infantry farmers, do not redeploy to silo's, that's a fact. Nor do they pull vehicles to defend your silo. This is proof.

Not able to build anywhere near action, not possible. Even with defenders, I'm sure all my turrets / walls would be sniped, no matter where I plan to build or who's manning them, rip. Not that defenders is a option (nor useful enough, against prowler far range podshots). Asking / yelling won't help.
  5. TripSin

Well, I wasn't really agreeing with that sorry haha. Yeah, it's really frustrating when I'm pulling vehicles and it feels like I'm literally the only one but I feel like maybe those instances just stand out more in my mind because it's frustrating. There have also been many times where I also have allied vehicle support on the field.

I do agree though that base construction is very weak and most often a waste of time. Just today we, VS, had a very nice looking base by Nason's. Then one guy took like 2 seconds to right click, left click the map to drop a pocket orbital on it and it was undone just like that.
  6. AuricStarSand

Ye well a vehicle zerg is bound to happen at times. However if you record the overall amount of times, VS infantry farms, vs the times when VS vehicle farms. They aren't even in the same ball park. Vanu might as well be playing Counter Strike, without vehicles.

Or compare how many prowlers you see, verse how many magriders you see, per month. Again, not even in the same ballpark. 100 prowlers are pulled for every 20 magriders (not talking specific battles, but generally speaking). How about TR lightnings? 100 TR lightnings are pulled for every 40 that VS pull, I'd roughly estimate. I believe VS lower lvls, do like to medic farm more than other factions. Then the vets mostly are infantry mains too. The only vehicle vet I know is 1 guy who flies a valk, for vanu, named Lama.

However I don't really need anyone to agree with me, as I just provided proof. Now it's the 3rd hour of this fight & still vs has no vehicles. VS does has 1 silo, but its so far from the main fight, why bother, it's also just a OS outpost with zero walls or turrets needed. That's why silo's are just back of the line OS babysitters & not real road defensive positions on their own, front line.

If I can't get them to use the vehicle term, then I for sure won't be able to get them to use the vehicle term + drive to defend a allied silo. Ye well its watersons, they wanna infantry farm, its fine. Simply doesn't help front of the line ant's tho.
  7. AuricStarSand

[IMG]
    (I wish I took a pic before everything was destroyed, it was x100 times bigger than this)
    [IMG]
    (the area of silo)

This happened, this afternoon. A ally ant, built a silo this morning, so I automatically started adding to it, as I just logged on. No it was not my silo, it was a platoon leader's silo. The 1st picture shows, the aftermath, sadly I didn't take a picture when the silo had x100 more stuff, this is after they destroyed everything. All you can see from 1st pic, is a nc sunder, shooting the leftovers of the walls. Tho we had 5 AV turrets, 5 AI turrets, 4 skyshields, 6 gates, 12 walls, 12 repair modules, towers in front of the turrets to block sniper AV fire, & other items.

The main reason I bring this up, is this silo HAD EQUAL DEFENDERS, nearly. It was 3 vs vehicles 3 infantry verses, 3 nc vehicles & 3 nc infantry. & 1 reaver sniping our AI turrets with rockets from so far away... the AA turrets can't even reach. They than ran cortium bomb raids, so I previously thought cortium bombs were fixed, because they no longer 1 shot, & my repair mod is left at 20% hp. However that may help killing 1 infil, per bomb, or re-repairing your repair mod after 1 bomb. Tho it doesn't help repeteated run of cort bombs, when your busy fighting off enemy vehicles! (maybe make 2 version of the cort bomb, 1 version has a long cooldown & does construction item dmg & 1 has no cooldown & is used for infantry or enemy vehicles, but does no construct item dmg)

So they cort bombed us 20 times! While trying to kill a vanguard or nc sunder. The heck? Even if you have equal amount of vehicle defenders, they podshot your turrets, gates, & walls over & over. Even if you manage a vehicle kill, they took down tons of work before you managed to kill them. Then they just re-pull another vehicle & destroy your stuff, faster than a equal amount of defenders, could ever re-build, or re-harvest for. So this theory of defenders, still is underpowered. Also a reminder that equal defenders only happens 1% out of 99% of silo's. The spawn tube was cort bombed fast = no nearby spawn within the start of the battle. The guy who owns the silo, his pub platoon wasnt redeploying to defend, as they have 24 members, only 3 came to help. So that proves again, pub platoons don't aid allied silo's. & outfits don't build to begin with.

What does this prove:

- Cortium Bombs are still OP, sure they don't 1 shot modules, but they can still be spammed by 2 infils 20 times, while you're fighting off enemy vehicles. Seeing as 1 bomb nearly destroy the spawn tube. (Plus don't nerf the bomb in general, just nerf its damage against modules + spawn tubes. Instead of it doing 80% damage to a repair module, now it should do 40%. Or else yes you have to make the cooldown longer, which I don't like that resort, because it ***** cort bombs for using during infantry battles. So really cort bombs should just be nerfed more for modules & spawn tubes only, but not for anti-vehicles.
    - Turrets and walls are grossly underpowered beyond what anyone out there believes, especially if solo defending, but even if equal defenders too! No defense against snipers & destroyed x4 faster than re-build time or harvesting time.

- ESF's sniping turrets, Tanks sniping turrets, NEEDS A COUNTER. How bloody obvious is that, in all these years?! If the turret is out of range, then the person hitting the turret, should do 60% - 80% reduced damage. Increasing the range, won't always help, because turrets half the time are shot by some weird angle people find. This time the vanguard snuck somewhere weird & shot all our stuff. The reaver was nearly out of zone of the planet's map, throwing rockets downstream at turrets.

- Equal defenders: Rarely ever happens & even if happens, the base still falls too fast. A waste of cortium harvesting time, to begin with. Heck I was talking about Waterson's yesterday. TR built a huge silo base nearby. It was destroyed too easily as well. So I feel bad for the enemy silo's too, I don't even kill ant's anymore, that's how b.s. the ant experience is. When your so fed up with underpowered silo stuff & your own ant dying, that you don't even want to shoot enemy ant's anymore, out of remorse. & I'm personally not the only person that's said that, I've heard a decent amount of people, say they don't shoot enemy ant's, for the same reason. So ye equal defenders, only happened because I assisted some random allies silo, not because I got to build where I want. I also did destroy a vanguard, nc sunder, & 4 infantry = on a equal fight = 40 construction items destroyed still.

How fast does it take to re-pull another vanguard or sunder? Compared to: How long it takes to rebuild spawn tubes, turrets, walls, & modules + harvest time + ant safety while harvesting? Hmm? If a ant is parked inside a silo area, it's the 1st thing enemies blow up, because they know it smokes fast.

So ye, my previous suggesting believed, that maybe cort bombs were ok now, that maybe equal defenders once per 100 silo's, would help construction items fall less fast. But alas, no that's wrong too. Equal defenders still sucks, cortium bombs still suck, rockets or tank shells sniping your turrets or walls, still sucks. Add that to the list of all the info I provided on, non-equal-amounts-of-defenders.

I had sooo many gates & walls, added to this silo... to help this platoon leader... it did nothing. Like I said walls are only as useful as that AV turret is. Rebuilding is only useful, if cortium bomb raids don't happen. Lol, even youtubers who talk about construction, call it a weak.
  8. TripSin

A player's estimates will be full of bias. We need empircal data. I often see people making claims that X faction does Y when really everyone does Y, but bias leads them to stereotype a faction.
  9. AuricStarSand

None of my claims are bias, I'll take a picture every weekend showing infantry farmers on VS if I have to, for multiple hours at a time, during the highest pop hours of the week. I know for a fact most vs will be medic farmers, that's a golden ratio, fact. I'll count how many magriders I see per month, verse how many prowlers I see. I'll still be right, at the end of the day.

I'll even show screenshots of asking 80+ people at the warpgate start of the alert for ant support or co-builders, to be proven, that nobody will say " yes, I'll help ", per week or month. Why because ant's are a minority to begin with & the ones who do roll ant from the gate, they want to build / drive solo.

Also can prove asking a full pub platoon for silo defense / sos help / while being attacked / as the main platoon leader = will only bring 1 or 0 guys to help, most of the time. By screenshotting the ask request, per week. I've already experienced this 100 times, so I have no doubt about any of this.

1 Hour prepared silo:
    Falls in 1 min: if solo defending
    Falls in 3 min: if equal defenders
    (on average)

My newest points, suggest that the rare occasion of equal defenders doesn't help either, so population ratio's are now thrown out the window anyways.

P.s. Honestly, I wish my claims were bias, than I wouldn't be writing right now. Bias is someone who built 10 silo's, than complained on the forums, not someone who built 200 silo's. That's raw data. I also hate liars, my ex gf was a unfaithful person, I only speak truth's. & have studied the map, in general (map headquarters), more than most people, thus why I'm the main attack & shield beacon dropper for my empire. Not even the devs have built 200 silo's, in the game... I bet, during all hours. Not including test servers. It takes a ton of time.
  10. AmericanEmpire

YOU THINK these braindead stupid ******* devs give a ****? if they did they never would have made the cortium bomb immune to damage. Before all you had to do was shoot it, now they want you to talk up to it and hold E. the infiltrators with the stealth sundies will either have 5 more bombs out while you are looking for the first one, you walk up to the first one they'll just knife you.
    • Up x 1
  11. AmericanEmpire

I just had N.C actually steal my silo, and im still trying to figure out how this happened.
  12. AuricStarSand

lol.