FYI: 5 digit server latency is NOT conducive to good gameplay

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Evil.Iguana, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Evil.Iguana

I just thought I would reiterate this point because there has not been any indication whatsoever that anyone at DBG seems to feel the same way. I will also add that it does not matter how good your content is if the servers cannot perform. Nobody is going to keep playing for very long if you can't fix this. I'm on Emerald btw.
    • Up x 2
  2. Mithril Community Manager

All continents except Esamir should have the latency issues fixed, the team is looking into the latency issues on Esamir. Which continent are you experiencing this bad server latency on?
  3. Evil.Iguana

Last night at least it did not seem relegated to a single continent. I had issues on Amerish, Hossin, and Esamir. I don't recall playing on Indar last night. When I get online later today I will make sure to check where I am if the problem reoccurs and I will report it here.
    • Up x 2
  4. Evil.Iguana

No it is not any better tonight. It is bad on Hossin, Amerish, and Esamir. Indar is not open at the moment so I cannot comment on that. But literally just go to any major fight right now and server latency bounces between 400 and 17000. That is not playable. You may as well take the game offline until you can fix this.
    • Up x 1
  5. BigNStrauss

Same issue here. During peak hours Emerald is unplayable, even just standing in Sanctuary.
  6. NasaRulz

You need to fix the server lag ASAP! This lag is BS today 60+ seconds for one orbital to complete w/ delayed kills, delayed grenades, this is getting to be comical.
  7. Evil.Iguana

It was better last night, but still not good. I didn't see any 5 digit server latency but it did go into the 4 digits several times. It's possible the improvement was just the result of the server loading being less due to players quitting over the lag.
  8. Mithril Community Manager

Noted, the team has experienced this as well and is investigating. Thank you for your patience.
  9. xBARONx

Esamir is STILL terrible. Performance was so bad this weekend that I couldn't stomach playing even with the double xp. It simply isn't fun playing. And this is my favorite event of the year.