[Suggestion] M20 Basilisk Buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Scroffel5

Can we remove damage dropoff from it, possibly make it more accurate? Its nice to know that exactly 2 mags will destroy a Sunderer and an MBT, and its hard enough to hit air from range. Might as well reward anything you can hit from range. I get the M20 is a jack of all trades, master of none, but its more of a "weapon" to some, deterrent to none, and you need 2 of them to not get smoked. Most notably is the sunderer, which comes with two by default. The weapon doesn't specialize in anything and it doesn't do a "jack of all trades" role very well either. A little buff would be nice.
  2. Liewec123

It's hard to buff basilisk because of how easy it is to use,
    in the past they've tried giving it higher ROF and things and it's just became OP,
    If I could do anything i'd give it the ability to aim up like AA weapons,
    it'd still be weaker than walker and ranger for AA but atleast it would be able to offer some defence.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scroffel5

Thats a good addition too. Yeah, I can see how a higher ROF will screw things up. So I was like, nah, we can't add that. I do think no damage dropoff would be a cool addition to go with that. If something is 100m above you, you should definitely still maintain the same damage, especially since you probably wont kill the thing.
  4. JibbaJabba

Buff it against ... ?

I didn't honestly notice it even had dropoff :p but the CoF is necessary.

Without it, there would be no point in suffering from the elevation challenges of the walker. No point in worrying about lack of armor damage of the Kobolt.

If it gets any damage or RoF buff there won't be a use for bulldogs or furies

I don't think it should get a buff. Ever see about 4-6 of em melting stuff from a sundy ball?
  5. Scroffel5

Not against. Just to buff it. No damage dropoff and the ability to actually shoot air above you, albeit inaccurately, would be nice.
  6. JibbaJabba

no no, I meant "buff it against..." as in what target are we trying to make it more powerful when used against?

It's sounds like buff it against air maybe?
  7. Scroffel5

By saying "not against", I meant it as in "not against a specific threat, just buff it". I guess I mean to buff it so it can deal better with all threats. It doesn't really deter anything right now other than Flashes and Light Assaults. To be effective, you need 2 of them, so you might as well not have any damage dropoff where other threats can actually attack you from, especially since you can barely hit them from the range they can hurt you.
  8. LodeTria

It got a side-buff recently, it's tolerable now compared to when it was just misery. Dunno if you'd willingly choose it tho.
    The sunderer version's of, well every weapon, needs to be buffed to match their ant/harasser/mbt counterparts.
  9. Scroffel5

Damage is good, DPS is good if used with another, but yeah, we need to be able to aim it straight up or near straight up, because right now, we can't hit Liberators that we could definitely stand a chance against if we could. Since you can't, they just fly right above you and shoot down. If you try and hide under one of those garages, it won't save you, since a Liberator can just fly lower and kill you that way. Like BRUH.