[Suggestion] Making the explosions bigger.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Nov 23, 2021.

1. AntDX316

Making the explosions bigger. A friend said the explosions were bigger and he likes it. To have bigger explosions would also be cool. Also making the special effects better from a slider under settings would also be cool. GPU Particle Effects seems to be gone forever but this can easily be brought back by making better effects from the usual.
    • Up x 3
  2. Demigan

Ah yes lets make explosives even more easy mode and support the poor HESH farmers who definitely need it. Lets up the AOE size back to the "delete postal code" size we used to have, its not as if infantry is so bad at defeating vehicles that every single bases needed walls to segregate them and make sure infantry has a semblance of good gameplay right?

How about we dont give in to the lowest forms of gameplay that are already rewarded far too much and we add better gameplay instead? For example instead of a tank's AI gun being about big explosions you could easily add an auto-canon. Accurate, high velocity shots to kill infantry instead of "I missed by 2m but still kill you".
    Or small AOE grenades with a contact trigger and faster throw animation. Meant for finishing off enemies or flushing enemies out of cover. Would be a wonderful addition to the game instead of just increasing the AOE of current grenades.
  3. Clone117

Isnt the explosion graphic already bigger than its current effective aoe kill radius? Honestly. Tanks really should get a bigger and better lethal blast readius of at least 10m. Or atleast concuss every1 out too 15m. Actually make it usefull for supporting pushes. And buff effective av range as well so dumbfires arnt as easily avoided.
  4. csvfr

I'm quite sure OP meant to increase the size of the special effect graphical explosion not it's lethal radius or impact on gameplay. Larger or more long lived explosions would make it more difficult to see properly though.
    • Up x 3
  5. Soul_Shinobi

I would like the explosions to be smaller. Especially impacts from the Lightning Viper cannon or AA Flak cannons, the impact explosions are so big they cover the vehicle you're hitting and you can't tell if it's smoking, on fire, or perfectly fine.
  6. Demigan

I really hope this is some sarcasm, unfortunately there are some dumb people on here who really want such dumb things.

A lethal AOE the size of a Sunderer at minimum for no extra charge after buying a faster, armored, longer range vehicle with 40+ shots more powerful than frag grenades of which you can only throw 9 with less chance of a kill? Thats definitely not going to ruin the game! Next suggestion: auto-aim & bullet magnetism for vehicles because it wasnt easymode enough already!
    • Up x 1
  7. UberNoob1337101

If it's an optional visual that can be increased/decreased I'm 100% onboard.

In any case, about the effects they should be roughly in line with the AoE damage radius/round purpose. Vipers shouldn't have big explosions, AP rounds should only have minimal explosions, HE and HEAT should be big.

Shoot it until dead.

About flak, explosions appear up close, but farther away flak doesn't make an explosion at all (from the AA's POV).

But yes, I agree, smol explosions for things that don't have big AoE and don't rely on indirect damage as much.
  8. MonnyMoony

Yep - I think that's what the OP was suggesting and I disagree.

Nothing more demotivating than firing off a Halberd, seeing the explosion totally engulf the enemy soldier - yet they take no damage.

The explosion SFX should match the blast damage radius.
    • Up x 3
  9. AntDX316

I meant for the Special Effects only. To make the damage blast larger would probably be bad. I didn't also mean about the impact explosions but the tank firings too.
    • Up x 1
  10. Redfeather1975

Some explosions should have smoke left behind too. So that if someone survived the explosion they can dramatically walk out of the smoke cloud.
  11. AntDX316

When we are getting bombarded while inside a building from tank fire, it leaves some smoke cloud and I thought it was super cool. Perhaps if quantum computing happens (but it seems WW3 will happen prior as having a super broken economy can only last for so long) and Planetside still exist, there can be volumetric smoke clouds with God rays (light shafts) that come through the door.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tormentos

If it's purely visual? Yes, more spectacle is appreciated. If it is enlarging the AoE? Heck, no!