[Suggestion] No fire zone at Distant Shores - Siren's Call minerals

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kendis, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Kendis

I started playing the Distant Shores - Siren's Call campaign when it came out yesterday. I've advanced to the Reflections mission, where you have to harvest 25 minerals near active drills.

There is only one active drill on the map at a time. The first time I went to a drill I was almost able to collect all of the 25 minerals required to complete the mission, but then someone came up behind me and killed me. Ever since then, the drills have been camped by multiple players, gatekeeping the ability to complete this mission.

I'm playing by myself so my lone character is essentially screwed out of getting that last little bit of minerals needed to complete this mission. Please, can there be a no fire zone in the vicinity of the active drill, or some other method to harvest the minerals? I will never complete this mission if things continue this way. Or do I have to sign in at some insanely off-hours time and hope no one is camping the drill?
  2. csvfr

You get progress when nearby players harvest minerals too, even enemies. The way I completed that mission was as a stalker infiltrator letting the hostile faction harvest the minerals for me.
  3. JibbaJabba

Protip: don't do missions ever. They are always riddled with bugs and it will tilt the !#$ out of you.
    • Up x 1
  4. synkrotron

I have to agree, strongly...

but it is interesting what csvr says
  5. Soul_Shinobi

Run infil with adrenaline pump, the drill I was at was a complete warzone with TR trying to encroach on our heavy VS presence. Despite the competition I got the mission done in one drill, and that's with there being enough allies to completely deplete all the crystals. Run infil to not die, and adrenaline pump to get to new crystals first as they spawn, which is often.