More Cancer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Sep 30, 2021.

1. JustGotSuspended

A nerf would seem logical, but at this point even things that should be taken for granted aren't guaranteed.

So I'll just say it here, giving infinite 2hk exploding crossbows to everyone is not a very cool or fun addition to the game.
    • Up x 9
  2. RogueHydra

That thing is LITERALLY 5x more useful than the Archer.... a gun with a single job, that can barely do that and a CROSSBOW that does it better and faster and is also effective at pretty much anything else infantry related.
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

I think I'm about done with the game. Time is approaching.
    • Up x 6
  4. JustGotSuspended

'We heard you love shotguns, snipers and the thumper. Here's an all-in-one!'

On a real note yeah I think leaving this game is long overdue. At least I can say I play much less now, so thanks devs for a healthier lifestyle.
    • Up x 2
  5. RabidIBM

I feel like this game rounded a really bad corner with that crossbow. I hope it isn't the beginning of the end, but I fear it may be. Allow me to explain:

Anyone who has played a MOBA is familiar with the meta of the new hero/champion/whatever being intentionally OP to boost cash sales, then getting nerfed just prior to the next new OP champion. They all do it, some are more blatant than others. You can tell how far through its life cycle a MOBA is by how much effort they put into maintaining any plausible deniability that they are doing this. The more obvious it is, the worse the game must be doing financially, and therefore the later it is in its life cycle. From the finanical perspective of the development team, when you hope your game has a decade left in it maintaining the good will of the players in the long term is important so you can have a financial future. Making short term cash ins is self defeating. But when your game is in it's final year good will loses its value, and it's time to cash out.

Planetside 2 has had mistaken content added to it before. Sometimes it's a bad idea that got rammed through development, sometimes it's the new thing comboing with something in a way that didn't come up during testing. Never before in Planetside 2 has something been released that gave me MOBA vibes. The ability to drift around from the trees of Hossin carpet bombing the battlefield with 40 mini hesh rounds without reloading...this feels intentionally OP. This feels like the new MOBA hero being blatantly OP to boost cash sales, which will get nerfed just before the next intentionally OP gun gets added. If that's true than Planetside is in a worse financial state than we thought, and Daybreak have begun the process of cashing out.
    • Up x 4
  6. ican'taim

wrel said he would nerf it iirc
    • Up x 3
  7. JibbaJabba

Yea, but after they pulled revenue from it.
    • Up x 4
  8. JustGotSuspended

Good point. As silly as they are, it's not hard to believe they knew they were adding this OP thing on purpose just to get some extra DBC. It wouldn't even surprise me if they keep it this way for at least a week so people start believing it might actually stay in this sate and invest in it.

I mean to be fair, when Koltyr's the only continent open for over half the day on all servers, there's no much hope for the game's financial situation.

I do hope in the future they find more amusing ways to generate a quick buck without making the experience even more unbearable than in already is for X amount of days.
  9. JustGotSuspended

He says a lot of things. Like he'd tweak the cost of crafting exceptionals, he'd listen to community feedback, etc. Regardless, it's telling that a weapon like this could ever go live, much less stay in it's overly broken state for days without any tweaking.
  10. JibbaJabba

Aye that's the rub. That it went live at all.

Some of these ideas need to just be said out loud to let them sink in.
    • Up x 1
  11. OgreMarkX

There needs to be an approval process for whoever is the lead designer of this game. That should have never made it in game. Ever. That and containment sites.
    • Up x 4
  12. PimpMasterFlow

The crossbow really killed my interest to play today.
  13. then00b

Who decided to give light assaults a battle rifle with no reload and more splash damage than the Thumper?
    • Up x 1
  14. KonsulDredd

In all seriousness: Playing right now is about 90% less fun than before. That crossbow is killing the game for me.
  15. Amador

Yep. They're gonna take their time about it. They're fully aware what state its in, and it's gonna bait plenty of initial cash purchases before its fixed. Won't surprise me if it'll remain this way until after the holiday is over.

Worst thing about it is, I've put on maximum Flak Armor 5 and it seemingly does nothing to mitigate explosive bolts. Now my gameplay consists of huddling around a Hardlight Canopy and an Ordnance Dampener. Shame my class of choice doesn't have access to it.

Hilarious to think that a Light Assault with Drifter Jets and an exploding-bolt Heavy Crossbow has completely replaced the sole purpose of what a Scorpion Cluster Launcher was supposed to do.

Game's in good hands boys.
    • Up x 1
  16. Liewec123

If only we had some sort of early server for testing were the public could test things like this and leave feedback...hmmm ;)
    /S

But yeah, stuff like this is the reason PTS exists, the idea of a 40 round, 2 shot kill, pinpoint accurate hipfire weapon shouldn't have seen the light of day.

I'm also bitter about maxes finally getting regen outside of NAR but it's being tied to an exceptional implant
    • Up x 1
  17. Talthos

Fun fact: Several Redditors have done in-game testing, and have confirmed that the new crossbow's splash damage is not being reduced by Flak Armor, Ordnance Dampener, or Response Jacket.

Incidentally, they noticed that Nanoweave Armor does reduce it.

Seemingly, the crossbow's splash component is using Type 2 damage (Small Arms), rather than Type 6 damage (Explosive Splash).
    • Up x 3
  18. Cluelessclem

If it were not for all of the really stupid decisions by the devs over the last year I would say this was deliberately put into the game in this state just to make money and then nerf it hard after 4-6 weeks but I dunno. They have done absolutely nothing positive with content, other than bringing back TI Alloys, for quite some time now. Probably need some people in there with some different ideas of where this game should be going because this whole shattered warpgate thing was just bad
    • Up x 1
  19. Amador

Perhaps some of the most valuable information I've heard today. I wasn't even upset, I flat-out laughed.

Why settle for just a carnival when you can have the full circus and side-show? Thank you for this. It made my day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    And if I may speak candidly for a moment... Despite the on-going horror on live servers (pun intended), I will say that the Heavy Crossbow is actually quite aesthetically pleasing. The weapon model looks excellent. Good job.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zorok

I plan to wait until they nerf the crossbow to see how effective it is at that point. I don't want to spend DBC on something that is only temporarily OP. In the meantime, I'll test my skills to see if I can snipe these LA players before they kill me. :D