Regarding ther new Heavy Crossbow HLX Seeker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by oOHansOo, Sep 30, 2021.

1. oOHansOo

I tested it out a bit and it is an interesting weapon for sure. Is it overpowered? Maybe, but nothing that can't be patched.
    But will i buy it? Probably not.
    Why? Because of that strange, totally arbitrary restriction to Infiltrator and light assault. What is the reasoning behind that?
    The Infiltrator has enough high accuracy weapons already, why does that class need 1 more over the others?
    No problem with light assault, but why can't Engineer and Medic have it too?
    Infiltrator and light assault are my least played classes, i only play them, if there is a mission reward, that i want to have. Otherwise i don't touch them.
    Why would i buy a weapon, that i will never use?
    My main classes are medic and engineer, since i do a lot of squad play and try to support my team through either healing or ammo/repair.
    I am willing to put money into the game, but only if i can use my purchase in my preferred playstyle, not if i'm forced into a class i don't like.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheMercator

Well, for one LA desperatly needs some weapons that they do not share with basically every other class in the game.
  3. oOHansOo

Like, the rocklet rifle?
    Also, i'm quite sure the jumpjet is pretty unique on its own.
    I mean, i get what you're saying, but i don't think a long range crossbow is the unique weapon flavor we need for a close range assault class.
    • Up x 1
  4. RabidIBM

Why was it released for only the light assault and infiltrator? Maybe somebody's YouTube channel will have a clue.
    • Up x 3
  5. Bonemiser

Conceptually I love the weapon. It's my kind of weapon and I think we need more weapons like the Newton and Horizon. I'm also half-tempted to say Light Assault would benefit from having a very nerfed Battle Rifle option, which is what the crossbow could have been (it's not that, it's better).

They failed to balance it. No reload, essentially no bullet drop, PERFECT hipfire accuracy in the air (better than Newton and Horizon!), AoE damage, two shot kill at all ranges, and on and on... what does it say when even the most dedicated Drifter players know it's too strong?
  6. Khyron1

It is too strong.

Khyron1 -The Most Dedicated Drifter, The C4 Fairy

• Up x 1