[Suggestion] Connery Emerald Merge

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Apr 13, 2021.

1. BorgUK1of9

Merge Miller and Cobalt, its prime time and on Miller we cant even fully open one continent.
  2. VV4LL3

I understand your frustration, however from a business perspective, DBG would need to see some Return of Investment (ROI). If they can pull it off without increased latency, it could be a measure to save money by consolidating. Why pay for two server availability zones, when you can get the same customer satisfaction with one? Unfortunately, there are no providers that can ensure that degree of performance and availability globally -- physics just not allow it. The speed of electricity can go only so fast and is slowed down in every hop along the way. DBG would risk losing Pacific an European customers due to poor performance by consolidating, I doubt any successful business would last long by alienating 2/3 of their customer base.

May I propose an alternative for your situation? Your chief justification: "There's just not enough fights to produce a fun experience, even with the new map restrictions."

Implied that you are not experiencing enough fights to have a fun experience. If you are a paying customer, this would be very frustrating indeed. Koltyr fights are relentless skirmish fights, would those suffice? If not, why?

Have you thought about other games?

If other games will not satisfy your desire for skirmish, perhaps there's more to the picture here, in real life, that needs to be addressed. People do care. Feel free to reach out 24/7 SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
  3. Cluelessclem

If you are going to ship more pop to Emerald we will need much better server performance during primetime. Emerald always has 2 continents, and sometimes 3, open during the est US timezone of the server and the lag can get brutal. Watching people yoyo and vehicles spinning through the air would at current pop levels on Emerald is bad enough
  4. Deviance

Please Merge to a new Central Server. New name. Connerald Or Emerner?
  5. OpolE

I would be looking forward to the 2 EU servers merging first. That's the way Planetside 1 went first.
  6. TripSin

Please merge the servers. Connery is just so dead the vast majority of the time. It's incredbly sad.
    • Up x 1