Back playing again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Sep 8, 2021.

1. dngray

Emerald VS player here. After years off, I am happy to say I am now playing again. Happy to see all the changes and that Emerald is thriving.

What did I miss in my years off?

Orbital strike, holy f$#(@ing shiz!

Huge flying structures, WOW!

Can someone please get me up to date with all the major changes I should know about. Thank you in advance.
    • Up x 1
  2. Gustavo M

4th faction is real.
    Youtuber is now a dev.
    Smedley is no more.
    etc.
    • Up x 2
  3. FLHuk

• Air is still king and if you don't exploit that your opinion is still worthless.
    • Get Gud is still the answer for in most debates from those that lean on crutch X.
    • People still post suggestion threads like they're read by the team, they are not.
    • We're plagued with a high level of cheating or not, apparently depending on your skill level!
    • Sniping is everywhere or not. Again this seems based on your skill level....
    "Sarcastic sir? No sir, I'm British sir!" - Richard E Grant in the The Scarlet Pimpernel.

Hope you enjoy your return, It's still plenty of fun :)
    • Up x 1
  4. RabidIBM

So, as per previous posts the core vets are salty as f***, myself included, but there's still a lot to love about this game. If there weren't the salty vets would have bailed.

Most of the new toys have gone to outfits, who have an armory system now, so if you want to play with new stuff you have to find a crew to run with and ask nicely. They sort of brought back the system of territory being worth resource, but not in a way that cripples the faction who are currently performing poorly. The territories are worth green, blue, or purple resource which is used to craft things like the bastion fleet carrier, colossus tank, bubble shields and doom lasers from space.

And, as stated a YouTuber is now lead dev with nobody around who tells him "no". This means that unlike before he took over when nothing got done, now everything gets done whether it's a good idea or not. As for his strengths and weaknesses, I would trust him to plan a house party, but not to design the house. Letting him do both would see good party ruined by the roof collapsing on the guests.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tunashamed

I'm back as well, but not so long an absence. They're still working out the Orbital Strikes. I remember when they were a bit too loose with it. We'd sit around inside buildings and count how many could go off back to back. I think the most was 12.

The good news is that we're getting content. The bad news is that it seems mostly pitched at the "outfit" level. I can only imagine the meeting for adding the Bastion.

"So what if, hear me out, large outfits could bring down a spaceship from the sky!"

"Sounds cool, but will they be able to just point and click new players without them having any chance at retribution?"

"Of course!"

"Good, we have to make sure as much stuff comes from the sky to kill people just trying to shoot mans. The optimal PS2 experience is sitting in spawn rooms listening to things explode, after all."
    • Up x 1
  6. RiP0k

The main thing is not to try to build. It will be a hell of a lot of disappointment.