Select Wielded Knife Now Equals Decloak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Atrus2g, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Atrus2g

Seriously? This is fairly uncool, theres no way to get to the power knife without using the melle button, 'firing' is not 'selecting', arent infils nerfed enough why the extra insult randomly
  2. JibbaJabba

There is literally an "Equip Melee" key in bindings.

I put mine on my nearest thumb button. Far button is "Switch Fire Group". It let's me roll my thumb across them both to equip and power a knife in one motion.
  3. Atrus2g

WOW, feeling brand new lol, thanks for the info!
    • Up x 2
  4. Demigan

"Nerfed enough"?
    • Up x 1
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

Another alternative is disabling "decloak on fire" option.
  6. PlanetBound

Which button are you using to select the knife?
  7. BlackFox

Probably by holding down the middle mouse key
  8. PlanetBound

Well, I can select, and activate the power on my knife while cloaked and it doesn't drop my cloak.
  9. BlackFox

But if you're cloaked and press the middle mousekey it will decloak, and the default setting is to keep the key down to have the knife selected
  10. RiP0k

Maybe we should remove the power knives? This is a very unbalanced item.
  11. Demigan

I'm always against removing. Change it, don't remove.

There are disadvantages to power knives so you want some advantage to wielding and activating them. So lets say the damage is lowered to 750, and you get a small AOE in front of you which causes a debuff on the enemies hit. This could be a light flashbang effect, a concussion effect, it could hack the player to make the HUD turn the entire screen in greyscales, create lots of false spots on the minimap and on the world etc. The hacks could even be applied to enemies nearby the attacked player as extra advantage.

Such abilities can help the powerknife be relevant and have an advantage without it offering OHK murders.
  12. LordAnnihilator

Interesting idea, but I don't really see any issue with the power knife as is. Its not stupidly unbalanced, as despite OHK-ing its slower than other knives, needs to be activated, and in some cases is very loud. Knife sprees exist, sure, but they are a very niche and rare playstyle that doesn't see success without some serious effort or idiocy on the part of the mob being shanked. You're just as likely to be two-stabbed by a non-power knife, since power knives have no directives and no reason to use them outside of their OHK potential over the standard knives in terms of rewards.
  13. PlanetBound

Arm everyone with a stick. Adjust damage, accuracy and speed relative to the opponent's current score, KDR, population, and connection to compensate for a variance in balanced play. Players spawn in formation and cannot leave the formation. Casualties are automatically replaced by players in the spawn queue. Teamwork is encouraged but limited to swinging your stick when it is your turn.
    • Up x 2