[Vehicle] Not having a repair feature literally kills the harassers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Avendorz, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Luicanus

I do partly agree with you.
    However, to be absolutely clear, I suck gunning a harasser. It's not something I do very often, yet, despite the fact that I suck on it; the only harasser weapons I have with a less than 4 KD are the Kobalt and Basilisk. It has a fairly high skill ceiling and real experts with it can do a lot better than I can.
    For context my Python AP and HEAT are sitting at 3.62 and 3.67 respectively and I'm a lot more experienced in a Lightning than a Harasser, I have roughly 9 times as many hours logged in the Lightning.

If a nugget who's microphone/audio is bugged half the time, thus hindering coordination, can achieve a 4+KD with only 7 hours on the Vulcan (an less on anything else) then it's probably a little OP in its current form.

Yes a full health MBT with a top gunner wouldn't always be an easy kill but we could kill it gradually by wearing it down, usually they weren't alone was the major issue.

Where I agree with you most is that it should be a glass cannon, up it's alpha damage and/or DPS and boost it's speed and turning a little then pull down it's resistance to tank shells. It's a lightly armoured vehicle, there's no logic to it having a better resistance to shells than the tanks, especially when you factor in the side and rear armour modifiers of the tanks.

It should probably have the same shots to kill as a lightning's rear armour but retain the ability to repair from the rumble seat, that with a slight mobility and damage boost would put it where it should be rather than trying to make it into just another type of tank as the devs seem to be trying to do.
  2. Luicanus

Yeah I was being a little over zealous there. But it shouldn't be as tough (or more) as a lightning against a tank shell.
  3. Avendorz

I wouldn't mind stat changes of the Harasser as long as it equals to those pre-NSO.

So for example: 0.5 x HP, 1.25x top speed, 1.25x acceleration, 1.25x handling, 1.25x DPS and rumble repairs.
    Or same HP and different resistances, whatever. Obviously more thought through but from an idea standpoint.
    The important thing is that it stays competitive and on the level it was before the NSO update.
  4. ycluk

I don't think harasser should have any high damage light anti-tank weaponry. Just for the bulldog as example and with current extra 50% damage from rear, those weapons could do near 1k per hit. Especially the bulldog with 8 round mag, 500 dmg +20% = 600 dmg & hit from the back becomes 900 dmg with 8 round mag, if harasser get close enough, the lighting could be dead before it even turns around.

For a damaged lighting at half health as example, it won't even be able to turn around if a harasser with a bulldog flank from its rear. This is just too much for a buggy be able to do.

Also, if for long range weaponry like halberd, you can pretty pull the harasser like 300+ meter away and snipe enemy tank. Although this may take some skills, but that isn't hard to do at all. Then the harasser can just become a faster and lighter armored lighting, and that makes the harasser pretty much is able to have a dual role as buggy and lighter armored anti-tank, so I don't think harasser should be able to do that.

The extra damage received from side & rear for tanks needs to be removed, and having frontal damage resistance is the right way for tanks. Also, long range or high damage light AT weapon either should be removed or damage or fire rate need to be reduced.
  5. Tapa6ac

reading all this nonsense ...

Guys, what's the fixation on the tanks? Tanks in the game: shoot at clusters of infantry. They shoot at the armored personnel carrier. Tank duels are rare. Do you have any idea that buggies kill antes with an anti-aircraft machine gun? An armored personnel carrier with 2 machine guns does not give the buggy a chance of winning at all. Small chance if there is pvp on the field. There is no chance against the air.

I mostly drive armored vehicles, what are the problems with the buggy? It's just a machine that kicks tanks that don't want to be distracted from spawning. Why are you having problems with the tank? - you just want to shoot people for a song, not armored vehicles. An armored personnel carrier with two mortars destroys the buggy at a glance. Do you realize that 5000 health and two mortars are incomparable to the ill-fated buggy?

Who can I, as an armored personnel carrier driver, rely on in battle? Other tanks? Do you smoke? They are stupid, they will climb different mountains, bomb the infantry with land mines and shoot at abandoned armored vehicles. The ant is weak for the role of an anti-tank, planes, like tanks, will prefer to beat helpless frags - infantry. Other armored personnel carriers are tied to support tasks, this is not a pursuit vehicle - it is larger and slower.

Give the buggy a tower from a heavy tank, it won't get any worse, only the freeloaders who shoot fragmentation shells into someone else's battle are worse.

Which infantry is jammed by the buggy? He doesn't see her at all, too fast flanker. An ant in invisibility will crush more than a buggy will shoot.

Even if you give the buggy a speed of 250+, it won't be able to circle faster than a lightning tank turret or a vanu tank. In general, he will be killed by a stone bush on the hossin and that's it.

I drive an armored vehicle into the microphone and ask my shooters to shoot at allied tanks when an enemy buggy gets in the way. Often he would drive away long ago when these brake drivers started wiggling their trunks. Sometimes you drive off a buggy on an armored personnel carrier, because 90% of tanks have glue in their brains.

there is no rock, no scissors, no paper in this game, you just want to push a tank, even a lightning bolt, to the top of the food chain ... a peacemaker on your heads.**** the argument, the difference in the cost of hiring o_O I have 2 shooters in the brigade and if I run out of nanites, I will still have a car, no matter how much it costs.

I like to give out cars, I take a car and immediately take a new one .. what if the first one is useful to someone from a beginner?
  6. SgtEngineer

Well no point in being Engineer in the back anymore might as well go Max now for anti-air or vehicle.
    Price on the Harrasser already went up and now repairs cannot be done on any transport in an open cockpit.
    I mean you cannot heal a valk from the side seats but you can drop up to 20 land mines from it?
  7. Tapa6ac

Buggy kills lightning, that's the problem, sarcasm! A much more cynical armored vehicle kills lightning: it places the armored personnel carrier sideways so that the enemy tank is comfortable hitting the target and it does not move. An engineer throws a repair grenade after pressing the fire extinguishing button, gets out of the car for repairs (under an armored personnel carrier or on the other side), puts an infantry tower in the way (fear c4) and that's it ... any ... lightning will light up if it doesn't slip away sooner. ..and a heavy tank with 1 gunner will catch fire. And if an armored personnel carrier entered the battle from a ram, then forget that your tank is a gift.

An armored personnel carrier cannot suddenly jump right in the back, and that's all that pisses you off in a buggy, making it difficult to shoot small people. Remove the blind spot from the armored vehicle and it will become a fighter of all lightning and buggies. The gunners in the armored personnel carrier must be drunk so as not to destroy the car in which there is one person.

There are very few good buggy pilots, no more than combat armored personnel carriers on mortars. for which your lightning is not a rival in battle.

The armored vehicle has enough health to spin the van's tank, holding the blind spot long enough to destroy it, for a buggy this trick is a bad idea, it absorbs damage even from hand weapons, and armored vehicles are immune to this.

Buggy is an anti-tank flanker, and in this role the game needs it. What other persecution? On blank maps, or what?
  8. Botji

I jumped into a random Harasser to gun for him, saved us at least twice by repairing from the back when we were burning 100-200 health left. Claiming its impossible is just not thinking for yourself and complaining that the easy way is gone, use the Punisher with its class specific grenade launcher, shoot repair grenades on your sides and repair on the move.

The only limitation on it is that if the Harasser is driving too fast you will 'miss' so ideally you have to explain to the driver what you are doing when you jump into the back seat so they in turn know what to do, either slow down just a little OR make a turn, as that allows you to also get the hit in if you fire it on the inner side of the turn.

You can also run Electrotech implant, get into the back seat and hope you eat a shot to break your shield.
  9. Luicanus

30 land mines if the pilot and gunner are packing and rotate out.

NGL, in one of the larger tank battles that could be quite effective at disrupting the enemy.
  10. JustGotSuspended

Not even, if you have ASP just EMP yourself. Grenade bando and you can do it 4 times, if you really can't wait 2s to get behind cover and repair because you're on fire.
    • Up x 1
  11. Mechwolf

I thought the harasser was great prior to finding out I could rep in a rumble seat.

What grinds my gears is you don't get assist points for when the vehicle you're repairing gets a kill.

If you're actively repairing any vehicle or MAX and they get kills while you're repping them, you should be rewarded for pocketing more than 5-10 points, ESPECIALLY if you're the driver of the vehicle and you're hopping out to repair while your gunner is still fighting.

Harasser seats need some kind of buff though now that you have little to no use for them other than maybe throwing tank mines. Preferrably a 360 degree rumble seat instead of 180.
    • Up x 1
  12. Naweezo

Tbh it would been easier just to not allow chimeras to be healed and let the rest be as it was...
    I agree 4 engies would been OP on the new tank but the harrsser had its fun in being the gunner and then jump back and heal as you run for your life....
  13. NSOverhaul

"Not Having A Repair Feature Literally Kills The Harassers"
    Says the guy that just ran over 28 people and 4 Max's... then runs off behind a hill repairs in 3 second and does it all over again.

If anything... Infantry Anti Armor, and Anti Air needs a MASSIVE BUFF... range, and damage.. the range on these things is about as far as you can throw a grenade... lol and the damage is about equal to chipping paint of these vehicles...

Meanwhile, a tank is shooting you from a kilometer away with pinpoint accuracy picking off individual infantry and the aircraft are dropping rockets on you while out of anti air rocket range... lol and all this going on while an invisible Flash, and ANT are running people over.. and the Harasser is doing the same thing...

Game has been powered up over 8 years without balancing one thing... its always just one more perk trying to get people to stay to the point where people have Super Powers and can pull a FLASH out of their pocket and run it down a hallway and kill 20 people trying to defend a point.. To the point now, where it drives more people AWAY from the game, than keeps them here.

The Flash [perk, tactical] should be a personal Anvil Drop.. but our developers are too dumb to think of s**t like this.. or just too damn lazy, or too cowardly just to remove it cause its a game balance issue. Its literally a super power out of a cartoon. lol This shouldn't even be in the game, period.. its just a Bulls**t concept someone had to think up for a Deadline..

Simple fact is, there aren't enough ADULTS working on the team... just a pack of kids working for peanuts under WAY too much pressure placate a Niche Community.
    • Up x 2
  14. Luicanus

This is it, the nail on the head. The dev team is too small and underfunded to spend the time that's needed making things better.

They will always either ignore a problem as too big/small to deal with at the moment or when they do deal with something, they apply the simplest "solution" regardless of how inelegant and often damaging it is.

Then under deadline pressures they come up with something 'cool' that completely contradicts earlier balancing decisions and logic.
    • Up x 2
  15. SULFERIX

The harraser in ps2 is what should be reserved for the empire specific buggies that WERE going to be added to ps2. those are the vehicles that should cost 300 resource and be great combat platforms. the harrasser is really meant to be a high speed ground vehicle transport. the ESBS are supposed to bring the fun buggie type gameplay. unfortunately the laziness of the ps2 dev teams over the years has botched ps2 game design beyond repair.
  16. Luicanus

I wouldn't necessarily call it laziness, have they ever had the manpower and budget to be making real progress? Their primary issue to my mind is that they have struggled to anticipate the knock on effects of their decisions. How construction killed Victory Points and now Outfit called Orbital Strikes make there almost no reason to ever build.

They get caught up in how cool something will be without considering how it impacts the effectiveness/need for other things. To be fair to them in a game of this scale there's a lot of things to consider, but yeah they probably should be using the PTS to iron out kinks before they make them live.
  17. OgreMarkX

Valks were nullified by this change. I stopped attacking them I felt so bad.

Harrassers were seriously impacted but can still be effective. And I actually enjoyed F3 repair seat more than driving or gunning.

I think the change was made given the rumble seats on the NSO tank. Bad design fueled more bad design.

Meanwhile RPG lets the absolute cancer of near-instant recloaking, instant shotgun kill, flashes go on unabated.

Much fail.
  18. Mechwolf

You know what doesn't have this problem? PS4.