NSX Kuwa or NSX Sesshin?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zen_Master, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Zen_Master

Is it better to buy Kuwa or Sesshin first with A7?

I main Medic and have ASP Battle Rifle Secondary unlocked so leaning towards Sesshin. But I’ve heard rave reviews of the Kuwa but rumors of an impending nerf? Both feel pretty solid in VR Training.
  2. Liewec123

Kuwa is extremely strong, but requires you to unlearn how to play, since you've probably trained your brain to burst fire,
    If your brain makes you try burst firing Kuwa you will lose your fights.
    • Up x 2
  3. JibbaJabba

Can't say on Sesshin.

TL;DR - I *love* the Kuwa but it is not an ideal main weapon. You gotta pick your circumstances then it's a blast! Outside of those circumstances you'll get dunked bad.

1. You can drop snipers at really decent range. (just aim tight and full auto, let RNG do the rest).

2. If you catch someone in the open outdoors, you'll drop them. This bit is hilariously fun. Pick a target out at that kinda range where you would burst a few times to drop them. Then... Nah... no burst we gonna full auto. RUN BUT THERE IS NO ESCAPE! Hilarious.

3. If you can clientside someone with a double peek you'll drop them. Peek and acquire target then retreat, being your spinup/fire and repeak.... Brrrrrt. Dead.

BUT.. the weakness. If anyone gets the peek on you first. You are Fing dead. Straight up dead. You must play 100% aggressive with this gun.

It's a super fun gun and wasn't hard to grind for at all given the weapons that go into it. Buy with A7 sounds painful.

There is no impending nerf for it. It already got nerfed from a 167 gun to a 150 which was the right move. It won't get anything more to it.
    • Up x 2
  4. That_One_Kane_Guy

Others have spoken about the Kuwa, but the Sesshin is kind of crap. If you have a BR secondary slot use it for a Vandal or one of the Doku rifles and throw a 4x+ optic on it. Chances are if you're going to whip out a BR it's going to be for long range fighting, so go all in on range.
    Sesshin doesn't reach noticeably further than whatever AR you're probably using, so as a secondary it won't really have a purpose unless you deliberately seek it out in which case you'd be better off just using it as a primary and keeping the pistol so you have a valid CQC defense.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zen_Master

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

I have decided to buy the Kuwa to allow for versatile playstyle.

Sesshin sounds like a marginal sidegrade that can wait for now.
    • Up x 2
  6. JustGotSuspended

Yeah Kuwa is definitely the best pick. Extremely good once you get the hang of it, it's practically a laser beam.
  7. GreyGun

Second that - it's definately no quick draw weapon - but if you are able to choose your own encounters, you are set.