Strange Question: Actual Vanu Sovereignty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GammaNumeric, Jun 7, 2021.

1. GammaNumeric

Hey, this is my first forum post (despite playing since 2013) so please excuse me if I’m breaking any unspoken laws on forum etiquette.
    Ngl I’ve always been fascinated with the Vanu philosophy of transhumanism and technology worship. I’m not much of a religious or spiritual person, but such a technology cult IRL would be something I could get behind, especially as a Computer Science major.
    Imo it would be really cool to have a tech church where I could attend epic technology sermons.
    Is there anything like that IRL?
    (Inb4 people responding “apple”)
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

apple
    • Up x 3
  3. UberNoob1337101

Praise the 1000$ iStand!
  4. Drgnx

5. DorianOmega

Well in essence your doing that just by playing planetside 2 in playing vanu put to the ethos of the faction;
    transhumanism in alien tech grade legitimacy specifically put to planetside 2 is generally discerned by the whole of what is seen as a practice of a level of neo archaicism on par with something like the tech cult of the emperium in warhammer 40k and what is then a convolution of human genetic integrity becuase of the alien technologic factor, maybe a bit more nuanced with the tech of the vanu comparably to warhammer 40k but the whole of what is the non existence of the actual vanu ends up having one believing that they abandoned the planet that planetside 2 is depicted on for whatever reason does say that that whole tech factor might not be legit.
    The planet could have been abandoned by the vanu for what could have been survival reasons, a higher alien race was in the fray, something like data supremacy led to the architecture of the respawn tech made the whole of the planet obsolete or some other alien grade reason, maybe the whole of what planetside 2 is represents an alien psy ops program meant to enslave the human race as they self annihilate in a pointless war as they couldn't go any further with the tech then faulting into a perpetual strife engine with the whole of the planet.

As far as technological legitimacy of doing a cult of tech appropriate in planetside 2 goes, id say the blunt fact of an mmo fps put to the vanu as one of the factions would be legit within itself unless your looking for something like what warhammer 40k has to offer, just dont go shoving an iphone up your *** if your that seriously into tech worship as the whole practice is still usually put to the apple thing.

(so essentially buy a venerable dreadnought unit from warhammer 40k at a hobby store and listen to ted talks with the dreadnought in the room or whatever your looking to do)
  6. DarkQuark

You know, if you have a thirst for something bigger than yourself (most folks do) and you desire a connection to a community and want to place faith in something why would you want to worship technology? Tech is human created and is as frail and faulty as humans themselves can be. I do understand your desire for more but why not worship God himself? At least then you are worshipping and placing faith in something bigger/better than the human race, something that will love you back and you can be part of a large community.

I understand you or others might disagree, that is fine. It's just my take on it.
  7. Liewec123

Scientology sounds like it's should be a more logical religion with the worship of scientific and technological progression.
    In reality though it's just as whacky, nonsensical and phoney as the rest.
    But hey there is aliens, implants and respawns, so perhaps it is as close to VS as you'll find XD
    • Up x 1
  8. GammaNumeric

This. Actually went to a church sermon yesterday but (no offense) ancient scriptures and old buildings just feel so outdated to me. I’d rather worship the future than the past.
  9. DarkQuark

No offense taken. Personally, I would not worship the past or the future. The only thing worth worship (in my opinion) is God in the present. Now the thing is, everyone will choose something to worship and to have faith in. So it's not really a matter of will you worship or have faith. But if you are going to direct that somewhere, the only safe bet is God. Everything else will fail you because everything else is human based and we are all flawed, normally because we are all selfish creatures.

You don't have to agree, I am just tossing it out there. God gives everyone the freedom to choose.

I will remark though that the OP makes some very interesting statements. It goes to show that much of the time due to human nature we all want to be part of something bigger than ourselves.
  10. UberNoob1337101

Scamology is an epic bruh moment. Going from paid "auditing" (read : confessions and counseling) to "cleanse you of negative emotions" (WHICH THEY RECORD BTW, THEY WRITE DOWN YOUR PERSONAL INFO), paying to reach a higher rank (minimum 2750$ for the next one AFAIK), each progressively more expensive with years of auditing, and at the rank of ... I don't even know what it's called anymore, you need to pay 100000$ to learn that aliens were dumped from space airliners into volcanoes, their souls released and possessing humans. Did I mention you can fail this (or better yet, they can mess up on their end, and you can repeat the process on your expense).

What. The. ****.

But hey, it gave us Tom Cruise memes and was South Park episode material :D.
    • Up x 1