[Suggestion] Scorpion DOA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, May 25, 2021.

1. Okjoek

The way this weapon functions currently, it is not very rewarding to play with. It seems to me like they should have simply made it a 2 stage trigger where you click one to fire the main projectile, then again when you want to fire the airburst. There's other ways it could be made to work as well such as determining pre-set distances as fire modes (b key by default).

A built-in range finder would've been a nice touch as well.
    • Up x 1
  2. OldSchoolD

They're fixing part of it tomorrow, but I do not see how can this ad anything of value to the arsenal of unforgiving weapons that get the wielder killed sooner than he kills anything else. We all know chances are you're going to get taken by a sniper unless you're in the spawn room. They can add slow, chip damage weapons to the game but until they fix the instakills, those are going to be too situational to matter.
  3. MichaelMoen

Built in range finder would've alleviated most of my problem with the launcher. The air burst takes a lot of guess work just on stationary targets. Good luck keeping up with moving ones. Some people have just said to slot that one implant that tells you how far away someone you've spotted is, but I doubt that was the intention, to use an implant with the weapon.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

Yep sweeper hud is rather mandatory with scorpion, unless you are just attacking a stationary position,
    For a stationary position you can open the map and set a waypoint on your target
    (the waypoint will give you the distance)

But even knowing the exact range to the target is only one of 3 steps which all need to be perfect or the dmg is weak or zero,
    Take your finger off the trigger a few milliseconds too early/late? Weak/no damage.
    Don't aim at the perfect height, accounting for the heavy arc? Weak/no damage.

On paper scorpion has EXTREME damage, in reality it's pretty darn awful.
    I played for 7 hours on its release day, when everyone was spamming scorpion.
    Died to it once, when I had fairly low health.
    I also had my sundy at a busy indar fight for a looooong time, scorpions kept raining down, but doing very little.

Yup that would have been the logical way to do it XD
    Or click and hold the trigger to fire and release when you want it to detonate,
    The current range selector is way too fast it's like a freaking arcade game.