The new rocket launcher traits.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xLluisett, May 17, 2021.

1. xLluisett

This new rocket launcher is ground to air,ground to ground,lock on? The players who tested on pts can tell me what have the new rocket launcher please? Ty.
  2. xLluisett

Also dbg says "new weaponS" this means more than 1,if so which ones appart the rocket launcher?
  3. Liewec123

IIt's called Scorpion, which was a PS1 rocket launcher,
    It was used to fire a big rocket in the air which then split in to several smaller rockets which bomb the area below
    Basically a rocket-propelled cluster bomb.
    • Up x 3
  4. xLluisett

Ok ty. No more weapons?
  5. BlackFox

So basically a pocket MIRV
  6. xLluisett

That pocket MIRV is lock on? I forget to question that to liewec. Also no more weapons? I think i will have fun with that rocket launcher,i remember using the MIRV on Warzone. Fun for sure. But i want to know if it is lock on please.
  7. Liewec123

probably no new ones,
    this seems to be the only new one which they are sharing, and the anniversary event is on thursday,
    so i wouldn't expect another new weapon reveal.
  8. xLluisett

And this rocket launcher is lock on? Ty.
  9. Liewec123

Probably not, I'd expect it to be "click to fire" and then "click again to detonate/split"
    We'll find out soon enough :)
    • Up x 2
  10. xLluisett

I already check it on the tweeter vídeo that daybreak upload. Apparently is not lock on. But i am fine with that,for destroy vehicles hiding back the obtruction things gonna be wonderful. We will see how works versus infantry.
    • Up x 1
  11. JustGotSuspended

Looks like it's going to be more flak for infantry to deal with :(
  12. MichaelMoen

Tried it in the VR. You have to spend the time and effort into guess work for range finding and then if you're on target, the cluster has the chance to miss most if not all hits. At best the rocket is relegated to support fire. Someone claims it does decent damage to vehicles IF all cluster missiles hit the target, but good luck when firing at anything moving.
  13. BlackFox

Also good luck not getting sniped while waiting for the range adjustment
    • Up x 1
  14. DarkStarAnubis

Tried in VR and discarded immediately after.

As already pointed out you need to go ADS, find the right elevation, judge the right distance and fire and that takes too much time: you can do that safely only if you are shielded by something.

After you fire the projectile travels (slowly) the distance set and then burst.
  15. MonnyMoony

You can equip sweeper HUD implant to remove the guesswork from range finding

You are vulnerable whilst charging though - and the further the range, the longer you have to wait.

Haven't used it much yet, but it might be good for hitting targets behind cover (like a sundy the other side of a hill or building). Or for bombing targets on elevated positions like aircraft landing pads on towers etc.
  16. xLluisett

PS4 users must wait sadly :(
  17. JustGotSuspended

yeah if you land all shots it deals over 2k damage. It can 3 shot a vanguard. Good luck replicating this on live though.