I am hyped.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xLluisett, Apr 25, 2021.

1. xLluisett

For the next update of the ns operatives faction. They will add new weapons. I hope some ns pump action shotguns and i have my good day. I play a ns operative light assault,right now we only have the baron as a shotgun,while can do serious work,nothing is more rewarded than use a pump action shotgun and kill in 1 shot.

I did my kill streaks with the main factions pump action shotguns,but now i play the ns operatives faction,and i must stay with the baron.

I hope that the ns operatives faction update includes a ns pump action shotgun.
  2. Demigan

They will add new weapons? I saw the new facility on the PTS, ehich seems to be shaping up nicely with plenty of sub-objectives and other small idea's I've been advocating for years now. But I didn't see any NS weapons so far.
  3. xLluisett

I do not know if they add new weapons for sure,i am just saying what everyone said to me. But the update that everyone says (for the ns operatives overhaul) is in 4 months,they say free ns operatives faction for everybody and new ns weapons only usable by ns operatives faction.

If they lie to me,no idea. But that is what everybody say.
  4. JustGotSuspended

I think he's talking about the NSO revamp. Not in the next update, but they plan on adding new NS-ops specific weapons as well as an esf and mbt, and perhaps make NSOS need engineers to revive and heal them.

I'd assume it's a Q3/Q4 update at the very least, no details or anything concrete for now.
  5. Demigan

Adding NS weapons and vehicles seems a waste of time to me. The amount of players that will actively use it or be confronted by them will be low. Better focus on adding traits like the one you mention about being repaired instead of healed. Or giving NS operatives access to all faction weapons they are currently on.

I don't know, I missed information about it. I did see people talking about it but it seemed more on the level of "gee I would like this" rather than "this is what they are working on".

What do you mean with "free NS operatives"? Are they thinking about making it available to everyone without a subscription as well? That would be a good start in making NSO easier accessible and makes adding NS vehicles and weapons more worthwhile (but still not an economical choice unless literally 25% or more players are NSO at any one point in time).
    • Up x 2
  6. xLluisett

Yes,i mean ns operatives usable for all without subscription. I am playing one right now,paying 4 months or,when the free ns operatives are on live servers,play without subscription.

Btw i prefer new ns weapons only usable by ns operatives,this make the faction uniqe. I am preparing for the update i talk for have a decent ns operative br.
  7. JustGotSuspended

I don't blame you for missing the livestream. But I think a few youtubers made some recaps of it and there's a few threads about it on reddit and here.

They plan on making NSOs free, and people with memberships will get to choose which faction their character players on (from what I understand they will get to change it if they want after each continent/logging off like now, just they won't be forced into the lowest pop faction, they decide where they go). People free to play will get NSOs but will be stuck on lowest pop faction.

That's why they want to add NSO vehicles and weapons. NSO overhaul they call it. No idea when it's coming out and what are the full details but we'll see. Agreed it's a waste of time, will prolly do the weps directives for fun tho.
    • Up x 1
  8. xLluisett

About that,they will change medkits for nanokits or something like that?
  9. T.A.94

The NSOs will recieve 3 shotguns together with a bunch of other infantry based weapons:
    - pumpaction
    - semi automatic high capacity
    - automatic

Offtopic.
    I am happy for you you managed to get your membership, but don't forget to cancel it right after purchase.
    This way you avoid the risk to be banned, because you could not pay the next subscription fee, especially on steam.
    There it charges your steam wallet and if there is not enough money on it you can't pay -> DBG wont get their money -> you get banned until you pay.
  10. Thrix

If they do this they should make NSO more accessible to non-member players. i hate to be a ball-buster here because giving exclusive content to just your monthly paying playerbase is going to make the playercount dwindle even more. you need something to spike f2p players with. Getting the f2p casual crowd something hasn't happened in a LONG while.
  11. JustGotSuspended

no idea, keep in mind it's nothing concrete yet and subject to removal or change in the future.
  12. TR5L4Y3R

NSO will be a thing for NON-members, that´s already decided , members will have the advantage to choose the faction they want o support ...
  13. xLluisett

A question about that,if i am a member i can choose what faction i go forever or until i stop paying? And then when i stop paying i go to the lowest faction?