[Suggestion] I wish I could move to Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ravenous Travis, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Ravenous Travis

It would be really nice to be given the option to move characters between servers in some capacity. I'm only now realizing that Emerald has 2-3 times the population of Connery on average, which is a bummer because all of my characters are on Connery and I'm only really able to play during slow hours, which feels almost completely empty on Connery. On top of that, being in the midwest I'm actually seeing a slightly lower ping for Emerald when compared to Connery.

Making new characters really isn't a great option for me, since I mostly play the same character I made back in 2013. Short of a US server merger, having the ability to switch servers maybe once annually or something would be pretty neat in my opinion. I would even drop money on a server change item if it were available for dbc, I already pay the monthly sub so what's another 20ish bucks?

I'd already submitted a ticket to support and they directed me to these forums since 1) the support team doesn't have the ability to move characters between servers and 2) they mentioned that the devs actively read posts here.

Is there a reason this isn't a service being offered? Has anyone had any success in getting one or more of their characters transferred by direct request to the development team?
  2. OneShadowWarrior

I was with Connery since the beginning of PS2. However Connery is a dying server. So I just personally made the switch over to Emerald, built 3 of my separate factions TR, NC, VS from scratch. It was well worth it, no worrying about transfers!

The only faction I haven’t made on Emerald was NSO - not worth it.
  3. Ravenous Travis

For now that is what I've done, but I've spent quite a bit of time and money on my Connery characters. For example, right now I have two 365 day exp boosts active on my NC and VS characters. The ones that come with the 90ish USD bundles. It would just really suck to lose all of that progress and investment due to a server dying when there's a perfectly good populated server right next door.

I wonder why they don't just merge the servers at this point? It would be cool to have 3 continents to choose from at any given time.
  4. CarlAdam

I too wish I could server transfer, I like switching between Emerald and Miller, on weekends I can stay up very long and I'd pay every weekend if I had to, and right now im between jobs so I can stay up late for another few weeks, playing on Emerald only gives me 95 - 100 ping and my connection is good.