no friendly fire for 4 days, lets go NC!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Liewec123

with the new april fools event giving us no (direct hit) friendly fire what does everyone think will be funny to try in squads?

i'm definetly thinking the star of the show could be Bishop with Sabot Rounds (unlimited piercing)
    grab a squad of guys with that and just spam it! friends in the way? who cares! shoot through them! XD

also think a squad could have some fun charging into a room spamming auto shotties!

what do people think will be fun mess around with? :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

I dare bet that defending a chokepoint will become much easier. Unlike the attackers your accuracy doesnt matter that much as long as it hits within the doorway, and now you dont need to pay attention to any allies walking through you or into your line of fire. Normally you see people avoiding the area where players walk into the room and towards the next door because thats the highest chance of allies accidentally getting in your fire, now that is real estate you can use meaning more players able to fire into the door.

Dumbfiring rockets is also much easier. Sure the AOE will still deal damage but it wont kill your allies. So you can relatively safely dumb rockets into a doorway for quick kills.
  3. UberNoob1337101

Sticky grenades on friendlies, of course!

Now when I think about it, kamikaze flashes will be great these few days.

Does this also affect roadkills? If so, I'll strap C4 into flashes and run them into point buildings for maximum effect.
  4. JustGotSuspended

5. JustGotSuspended

explosive/splash damage still hurts allies. You can grab a thumper and test this if you want.
    • Up x 2
  6. Liewec123

that was a good call, no direct friendly fire will be a fun little perk, but if it effected splash it could become extremely cancerous trying to fight VS as they wade into a room spamming lashers at the floor. :D
  7. Twin Suns

Wow, Planetside2 is becoming a casual bubble gum shooter.

Sad.
  8. XimiKai

Sad is that players like you are playing planetSIDE.
  9. XimiKai

Engiés with semi auto scout rifles and autoshotties as second weapon. Or if the explosions not damage friendlyes,just pick c4s squads and enter on a full enemys room and do the carnage.
  10. UberNoob1337101

big sad. probably for the best.
  11. JibbaJabba

Isn' tthis just an April fools?

If not, the days AFTER the FF returns are gonna suck.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

Damn it took me long to think about that. Yes just imagine someone exiting the spawntube at a fight, holding down the trigger and murdering an ally before he realizes FF is still on.

I would say "well played" to the devs. On the other hand the fact that people can take this seriously right off the bat does indicate how used we are to the devs making strange decisions.
    • Up x 1
  13. ZDarkShadowsZ

I did this earlier by accident. It ended up killing the Infiltrator it was stuck to. :(
  14. UberNoob1337101

Now I just feel bad xD

Hope the guy wasn't mad or anything!
  15. Liewec123

its only an april fools day thing (and for a few days after) :)
  16. Twin Suns

So it begins. A no skill check, bubblegum shooter.

Give them an inch...and they will take a mile.

o7
  17. Liewec123

They will take a mile, but only for 4 days. :)
    Also i hear in true DBG fashion it is bugged, and even though damage is disabled
    people are still getting grief points and weapon locks
    • Up x 1
  18. Demigan

Are you sure that's even possible? Vehicles for example can be hit by small-arms, they just have 100% damage reduction so you dont score hits. That would mean you could get weapon-locked by shooting tanks.
    I guess it could explain how I've been weapon-locked with just a few hits once or twice while in a vehicle. Repeated AOE hits nearby friendly vehicles dealt no visible damage, but would still add to the grief counter.
  19. InexoraVC

TR side: get T7 chaingun, press fire and enter the point room :)
    NC side: no teamkills! uninstall !!
    • Up x 1
  20. DeadlyOmen

They're floating no FF.

This is not something to celebrate.

Unless you buy into HESH being an anti-personnel round.
    • Up x 2