The million dollar question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkQuark, Feb 21, 2021.

1. DarkQuark

I see some posts dancing around this topic a bit but I think what we all want to know is this.

Do the new owners of DBG plan on the status quo, putting in little capital just to extract some recurring money from a relative small number of subscriptions?

OR

Are they going to invest in the game beyond the purchase price and try to make a push to make something out of it again?

Personally, I think absolute best case scenario is (meaning what is actually possible) they keep PS2 on life support for some time but with little development but invest in making other games. Hopefully PS3 but who knows for sure. But what I think is most likely is they just wanted some recurring cash with a small investment.

Just my thoughts, it's all just a guess.

Just some food for thought to prompt some discussion.
    • Up x 1
  2. FLHuk

It's a bloody great game. I've only ever had four months of not playing since 2012.

It could still be so much more than it is.

Most of us live in hope rather than on evidence :/
  3. DarkQuark

Agreed! The game is not only pretty awesome but it is fairly unique in the gaming world. Even though it is a little long in the tooth it could be tinkered with and really drag some people in with some work and a little promotion. It just would take some investment to make it happen.
  4. Twin Suns

Myself? I have zero faith...none whatsoever.

You eluded to it yourself...just call this game "Statusquoside 2".

What should really concern you is, what's....'not being said' by the new owners. A company with a plan would have announced their intentions from day one. Especially to calm the nerves of the paying customers(subs) and to not have us talk about it here.

My personal fear is the company was only bought out because it had thousands of subs. With info on the purchasing power of those subs.

So yeah, just maintain the status quo brah. By all means.

o7
    • Up x 1
  5. DarkQuark

You are most likely correct.

Also your signature while very cool misquotes Franklin. That quote goes like this.

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Either way though it's a great quote. Franklin has many of them. He was very wise.
    • Up x 1
  6. icufos

I fear you know your business strategies very well indeed.
    Of course they would have announced their intentions.
    Anyhoo, let's hope your wrong.
    However sadly I think youv'e nailed it totally.:oops:
    • Up x 1
  7. KripTed

Like someone already mentioned. The fact the new owners aren’t saying anything, should basically tell you what’s going on. This is a holding company. Take a look at the other games they acquired. They’re not doing too well. They also bought this for a lot of money. They also have shares. And the way numbers are down in playerbase, they prob won’t be making too much money. Chances are they won’t shut it down anytime soon because they probably want some return on their investment. Maybe some promotion might do good and help bring the playerbase up, as well as sales. If they add new content, I’m sure some of us would spend our money. As of right now, Planetside 2 is in a stale state. I don’t see any major changes for awhile.
    • Up x 2
  8. DarkQuark

I think you have hit the nail on the head unfortunately.
    • Up x 1