[Suggestion] Adjustments for Outfit Armory Orbital Strike

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mikte, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Mikte

Below are some changes I would make to the Outfit Armory OS (not construction OS) based on my experiences base on both the receiving and delivering end of them and my reasonings for them. Discussions including criticism of my ideas is welcome.

Limit number in armory to 1 at a time or cool down timer between strikes (1 to 5 minutes)
    Large fights or important, alert hinging fights, shouldn't be decided by which faction/outfit has the most nukes to throw at the fight. OS's to me are tools to slow armor advances, or soften up positions for assault. It isn't much fun having my corpse tossed around by 5-8 OS's in quick succession, only fun for the one firing it; of which I'm guilty of as well. These fights should be down to the coordination of the faction and a few well placed OS's rather than scorched earth.

No Exp gain and kill credit
    This is to deter firing them on fights just for the sake of stats and certs. Only benefit's the trigger man, wasteful of Outfit resources (this is on that Outfit for giving permission to selfish members but I digress) and can be a kill joy for the players in the fight. If OS's are used in such fights, should be because it's beneficial to it's respective faction or for nuclear fire works, not for personal gain.

Safe zone around Construction from Armory OS
    Some of the best fights I've been apart of are assaults/defense of player made bases. In turn these take time, planning and coordination to set up. Good bases I've seen take about 30 minutes to set up. But when a outfit just right clicks and nukes the base, it becomes a massive waste of time for the builders when infantry and armor is flung around and the base severely damaged (I'm aware of the Sky Shield buff against OS's, but still severely damaging). At which point waiting infantry and armor has little to no resistance rolling it over. I believe bases require equal if not greater effort from attackers to take it down as the builders put into it, so some radius around a silo should be a safe zone from Armory OS's to prevent such easy dashing of the builders effort.
    • Up x 2
  2. iller

huh, I dunno about the rest, but this point is one I never even considered and it makes a LOT of sense. Double-Orbitaling is indeed some cheesey garbage-player strat that needs to stop
    • Up x 1
  3. Mikte

What are your thoughts on the other points? Curious to how the community feels on these points.
  4. RabidIBM

^This. OS spam is a problem. It's a skilless anti-strategy easy button.
  5. Clone117

Outfit orbitals dont really seem all that usefull. Those strike being spammed fail to have a lasting effect for situations where they should be usefull. But thats because it takes way to long to actually strike the area thus is easily dodged. There basically being used as area denial. They should just kill everything within that circle indiscriminately save for collosus and pmbs with defenses. Then be made more difficult to spam.