Performance update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sumguy420, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Sumguy420

No difference at all.
  2. JustGotSuspended

for me there's a difference. Server performance seems even worse this morning, constant lat spikes and its almost crashed a few times.

Not just for me
  3. InexoraVC

Looks like they have fixed CPU multithreading bottleneck. Now I'm GPU capped (constant GPU load 89-98%) while having more FPS
    • Up x 1
  4. OneShadowWarrior

It appears to me in the big fights the game is smoother. I have my FPS capped at my monitors refresh rate of 144 hz.

In big fights the fluctuations of the CPU caused huge fluctuations from 48-144 FPS, now it seems to run 144 hz solid and in when the player number are high it throttles as a much higher range to match the monitor between 120-144 FPS, it appears to be running more efficient using the multi threads of the I7-9900K Intel CPU on my PC.
  5. Axehilt

Emerald's unplayable tonight.
    • 24ms ping (pretty typical)
    • High-end rig, so pre-patch I got 80-100fps (some dips into 60 at the worst)
    • Post-patch I'm seeing it show me 100-200fps (seems like a lie, pretty sure my monitor doesn't go THAT high)
    • But there's devastatingly bad server performance that makes the game unplayable. Saw server latency spike to 216ms at highest, but had very sluggish vehicle handling, grenade use, inability to revive players as medic, etc. The typical set of things that manifests when the server's sad, basically.
  6. JustGotSuspended

patch cause a lot of lag, game definitely runs less smooth than before. Everyone's gliding around, and every weapon is basically a 1hk now. It all feels very weird.

And my ping is the same as before
    • Up x 3
  7. InexoraVC

I'm ok @Miller.
  8. Liewec123

word on reddit seems to be the same, people are reporting damage coming in chunks worse than before.
    i'll find out myself later tonight, first "real" play session since friday,

though i did have a little mess around with Javelin yesterday for a few minutes,
    baited an A2G scrub down to the ground (rushed under him to force him into a nosedive),
    and when he got low i fired my homing missiles at him and... they just went straight passed him.
    [IMG]
    might be related to the servers being super slow.
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

Those having trouble: Are you running more than 6 cores? (real cores, not virtual/hyperthread)
    • Up x 1
  10. Crash Bandicoot

Indeed game's performance hasn't gotten any better after the update. If anything it's worse now as it seems...
    • Up x 2
  11. shlimon bakous

Server performance has been very bad for the last three months and the last patch made things worse.miller server
    • Up x 1
  12. OldSchoolD

No difference in FPS, ping or server latency, but it works noticeably better for me in the EU servers. The bullet leading is less inconsistent across different battles. In big battles it is still choppy but players seem to render also less randomly. I think I could notice that things outside of the FOV on turning, seem to render slower than before though, maybe that's how they save bandwidth.
  13. W0lfeskiller1

Bad Server Performance...
    Ping is 100- 200 ms higher as normal with multiple lag spikes
    Server: Cobalt
    Region: South Germany
    ISP: Telekom
    Pls fix it
  14. shlimon bakous

after 8 years i have now uninstalled this game.there is no point in playing these game in this state!!!
  15. Nikushimi

No difference? I think it made things a lot worse! Nothing like unloading a entire clip into someones head and waiting five seconds for only half the shots to register.
  16. chayne

Performance is a lot worse, lag has been horrible since the latest 'fix"
  17. brutes359

Its funny how over here on ps4, the games population is at the lowest its ever been (often less then 100-150 on at any one time between all factions) and yet the server lag is worse now than when the game first came out....perhaps its just a results of aging servers, or it could be all the new crap their shoveling in. I know that seeing 20 orbital strikes landing on titanium alloys every 5 minutes probably isn't helping....
  18. Scatterblak

*Plenty* of difference, Server is way more unstable now, with new lag spikes.

19. ican'taim

There's some guy who was doing a DDoS attack on one of the ps4 servers, the cretin might be doing it again.