NEW CHRISTMAS DIRECTIVE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Dec 12, 2020.

1. JustGotSuspended

Has someone tried this on PTS yet? Are the rewards cool? Are the objectives reasonable/engaging? Like is it more kill focused or fetch quest/revive/resupply grind like for Halloween?

I was really hoping for a fun directive with cool rewards this year, hopefully people have good news to share about it!
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

Are you sure you're playing the right game? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. JustGotSuspended

yeah I'm feeling a bit delusional today
  4. Delfinovic

Rewards: (250 Certs, Holiday Hat) - (500 ISO) - (1000 ISO) - (Silvedust camo, Title: Cheerful)
    Tasks: 3 - 3 - 4 - 4
    Tasks, amount only first tier:
    Frigide defense - Draw fire with tactical snowman (0/1)
    Season beatings - Kills with holiday weapons (0/10)
    Slay ride - Running over with non camo and "don't remember" holiday thingie on vehicle (0/2)
    Operation snow fort - deposit cortium in contested region (0/1000)
    Acts of kindness - revives and some other support ticks (ribbons?) (0/5)
    Auraxims cheer - doing auraximas missions (locked, mission bugged on PTS)
    • Up x 1
  5. JustGotSuspended

Perfect, exactly what I look for in these directives. There should also be one kill people wearing holiday hats or something.

oh god no, please not these things again

Perfect with the crazy hitreg regarding roadkills

who came up with this? :(

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

oboi this seems even worse than last year, prolly wont do it unless the camo's epic
  6. Delfinovic

Also, on PTS it says from 16th Dec to 3rd Jan.
    For me, it will depend on amounts required for higher levels, but it seems OKish and doable.

Also I have hoped on PTS to get real requirements:
    Frigide defense - Draw fire ribbon with tactical snowman (0/1)
    Season beatings - Kills with NS Deepfreeze, Icikill, NS-W Survivor, C4 Present (normal C4), Little Helper (0/10)
    Slay ride - Roadkills with non-camo and non-decal Auraximas vehicle cosmetic (0/2)
    Operation snow fort - deposit cortium in contested region (0/1000)
    Acts of kindness - revives and Sundie spawns experience (0/5)
    Auraxims cheer - doing auraximas missions (?) locked for first tier, missions are 2 step (talk with representative, get mission, so you don't know what will you do before you accept) I've had 2 missions so far: travel in Valk for 1000, and get 30 rep or resupply as engie
    And for me:
    Frigide defense - will try, doable
    Season beatings - may try, not my type of weapons but C4 is doable
    Slay ride - will do, easy, I have got Present ribbons from some old Auraximas and I have auraxed harasser...
    Operation snow fort - will do, easy and pairs with mission
    Acts of kindness - will do, main medic and do a lot of other support...
    Auraxims cheer - will do, if mission is in my playstyle or not too bad for me, cant remember first mission rewards, but the second gave cosmetic (Auraximas green glass for Gal, so you can do the slayride for free...), also I am a member, if free I would wge pros and cons od other missions
  7. Villainous Hydrosa

Actually, they made the present a whole different thing this year. On PTS you unlock it in the utilities tab like regular C4, but it's cosmetically a present, and explodes with confetti.
  8. Villainous Hydrosa

If we're lucky, we'll be able to just get drawfire ribbons with the engie shield like last year again.
    As for the ram kills with a vehicle: Find a golden snowman, kill it, get a free golden snowman hood ornament, slap it on a wraith flash, and go nuts.
    • Up x 2
  9. JustGotSuspended

hopefully i'll find one with a prize then
  10. JustGotSuspended

update, I finished the directive, it's the first event directive I've done in years, simply because it was doable and not too annoying to complete, with a "decent" reward.

The main issue I had was finding a golden snowman, which took about 2 hours of intense harasser patrolling on esamir. After that the rest of the directive was pretty quick, even fun I'd say to complete, the funny icekill streaks I got doing season's beatings...it was nice, the construction part was a bit more boring, but I found a ton of snowmen looking for cortium and it was relatively quick and easy to do.

The last level only needed 50 roakills, 150 seasonal beatings, 60k cortium deposit (it's less of a grind than it seems), and 200 spawn/revive experience. Thankfully they added the spawns, because otherwise it would've been super annoying like the Halloween directive. Here I just had to park a tactical spawn at the largest fight, and I could have fun while the directive completed itself!

If you don't want to do that, you also have the option of 9 daily Christmas missions or 30 snowman drawfire ribbons (least recommended).

I played pretty casually and I got it done in less than 2 days, the camo is a bit funky and I don't care for the title, but overall I'd say it's one of the better directives. I like the fact that any player can complete it, which wasn't always the case in the past lol.
  11. FLHuk

meh, didn't read thread properly, ignore.