[BUG] I'm not saying the guy was cheating...it might be a bug...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Scatterblak

...for all I know, he's just a great player and knows stuff that I don't know. I'm not mentioning any names, of course, but you might see incidental player names in the video. Again, not saying the guy was cheating....because that's not allowed. Just wondering how I can learn this strat that was so effective for him - specifically, how to get inside the buildings out by the vehicle spawn at T.I. and shoot out through the walls...

2. Johannes Kaiser

Well, good on you for being so careful with your words, but this DOES look like a cheater or at the very least someone who happily abuses the fact that he glitched into this building. And frankly, he should know hwere he is and that he is shooting through walls in that location. There are some other cases where from the person who glitched out it isn't that easy to detect (personal experience), but this one should be clear. And in such a situation one either redeploys or is a cheater/abuser.
    • Up x 1
  3. Towie

Shooting through walls can't really be classed as 'skillz' ;)
  4. Liewec123

You don't need to worry about calling out cheaters here,
    DBG don't read the official forum. ;)

ECHOEXEAHK is a dirty wall hacking cheater.
    See? :D
    • Up x 7
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

That sort of thing has been happening on Cobalt too. Plus the router glitching is still happening.

Last night whilst playing on Esamir, I spawned at a TR router at Eisa, when suddenly I popped out from the roof. I was so confused as to how I even got there. It turned out someone managed to place it inside ceiling. I instantly upped and left that fight immediately. Anyone who's been playing the game for a while, who knows that isn't meant to happen, yet knowingly continues spawning from it, is also an exploiter to me.

The other day on Indar, a guy was stuck under the ground up from the Ceres climb to Ti Alloys. Another one was inside a wall as an Engineer with an infantry turret.

Send the video to Customer Support. It definitely isn't legit.
    • Up x 2
  6. Trebb

Unfair routers have gotten me once or twice, you don't realize where you are for a few seconds lol.
  7. VelmaBlackburn

I think its fair to say that that is cheating, have seen this stuff a bit more lately.

From a developer's point of view: the character would probably not even show up during routine profile inspections, because he does not have perfect accuracy.

Matter of fact his profile looks actually quite average, KDR being sub 0.5 for instance, with an average accuracy of around 20-24- ish. High HSR of around 30 though.
  8. Scatterblak

Developer here as well -- that's why I sent my video to DBG. There's only so much they can tell by looking at logs and pulling a couple of queries, particularly when the KD is so dismal. Mysteriously, he hasn't been online since the day I sent the video... :)
  9. JustGotSuspended

yup he's likely just some opportunist who took advantage of the game's awful rendering to exploit a bug. Normal people redeploy, but occasionally some geniuses think they can abuse it to get a few free kills. Recording definitely helps secure a quick ban for those players.
    • Up x 1
  10. AlcyoneSerene

Making excuses for blatant cheaters does no service to your server. Always report with evidence. Example below is my submission after directly witnessing cheater enter the solid floor, along with a kill score to match, and a K/D over 21 on a low BR that joined not long ago. Don't mind me, keep up whatever denial, excusing, and enabling makes you happy; it's the devs' actions or inactions plus players who care to help them that make the difference.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. iller

That guy isn't "stuck" in the Terrain at all. When you're stuck in terrain, you can't move PERIOD.
    (I know b/c it happens to me often due to my low Framerates)
    ...he was casually strolling Left to Right
  12. JustGotSuspended

That's not entirely true. Often times if you're trapped under or inside a building, there's only "foundations". The inside is pretty empty asides from those bare bones, and does allow for movement.

That said, there are simple fixes to this, which I'm still unsure why after 8 years of experiences these rendering issues with the game, the devs still haven't added a fix.
  13. Scatterblak

I can tell you this for sure, and I think I have video or pics -- I ejected from a mag just as it was flipping over beside the rocks across the road at T.I., and I fell through the ground; usually, we fall for a *long* way and then die, but I landed on the edge of the rocks. I was able to climb/jump my way back up to the surface without dying or redeploying. There's *NO WAY* I would have considered shooting at people from there, though.
    • Up x 1
  14. JibbaJabba

Ain't nobody making excuses for blatant cheaters. Report em to DBG support w/vid. /shrug
  15. Towie

He IS still playing though - which makes me think - did the video get sent in ?
  16. Liewec123

who knows! but its bad if the cheater is still playing
  17. JustGotSuspended

yeah it happens from time to time, and I do the same thing or redeploy. Others though see it as a perfect way to boost their stats :(

These people are cheaters, despite it often being very hard to tell. If you catch them cheating like this, you can definitely send in the video/picture to DBG and they will be banned, though I can't say for how long.