Does the dev even bother reading this

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Parsa, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Parsa

Does the dev even bother reading what we write here in this section?
  2. Greiztoph

Probably not
  3. FLHuk

Unless you post something utterly sarcastic while being British....

Then it gets read, deleted and you get a warning for trolling!

So yeah, at least one person :D
    • Up x 1
  4. Spineless

You are better off posting on Twatter. They are active over there.
  5. Thalestr

Nope, and they haven't really since the beta. That's not really unique to this developer, though. Hardly any game studio actually reads their own forums.

Pretty much all businesses these days, game devs or otherwise, only listen to feedback on Twitter or Reddit.
  6. Demigan

Yes, although the question is "do you want them to?".

There are several idea's that I proposed almost exclusively which made it into the game like class-specific grenades, the early form of the Router before they decided to turn it into the look-a-like to PS1's router and the ANVIL. Unfortunately I had a design in mind for them to solve specific problems or enhance the game somehow, but the devs threw that out of the window in order to try a quick sell. The Forwards Station was pretty good on the way to help enhance player spawning inside bases, then construction lost it's HIVE's and the devs tried to keep it relevant by sacrificing the Forwards Station and changing it into the Router.
    The class-specific grenades were meant to enhance the entire arsenal of all weapons, adding variety and depth to weapons that currently see little use. It was thrown away for a quick sell on a single SMG.
    ANVIL's were supposed to support outnumbered players so they still had access to vehicles without needing to use a terminal, this was added to the outfits instead murdering the entire idea and not actually helping the game evolve.

There's more idea's that were butchered this way, but you get the idea.
  7. OneShadowWarrior

There are claims they don’t, but I feel they do, I cried for eons about the continuous footstep bug and they did fix it.

They may not respond, but I think they do listen.
    • Up x 2