PS2 freez and Game crash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cokie, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Cokie

Hey, guys,

I'm new to Ps2 and the game is really fun. But unfortunately the game freezes in regular intervals until I press the reset button on the pc. I once switched from fullscreen to window fullscreen, that didn't help either. Now after the 3 freeze after about 1 hour I didn't press the reset button, and after a while the game crashed and threw me on the desktop.

Graphics settings are set to Max. Visibility is set to 4000.

Checked with Msi Afterburner the temperatures and the load of the graphics card and the Cpu.
    Graphics card was at 40% load. Temperature was so 50 degrees.
    Cpu load I don't know now, but the temperature was also around 50 degrees.

My PC data:

CPU: i7-5820k @3.3GHz (not overclocked)
    Graphic: Nvidia Gtx 1080 (driver 451.67) (not overclocked)
    Ram: 16 Gb
    Power supply: be quiet straight power 10 600w
  2. Bors

They update the game and engine but some old issues stay from 2013. Very similar problem with Fallout New Vegas engine: game trying to get a resources of your PC that can't handle. Developers can't optimize this old piece of work to perfect stable version.
    The only solution that can help you to minimise crashes is a limiting computer performance or/and game appetites. Use fps smoothing and lower graphics settings (find the balance). Game on 60 fps is pretty stable but may look "twitchy".
  3. BengalTiger

It used to be a lot more stable.
    Last two attempts I got to Sanctuary, went to map to redeploy, game crashed before I even went to Indar. Before that I crashed accessing the Colossus terminal, after a few minutes in game.
    No error messages, just freeze and CTD.

Any fixes? It's not possible to have any game time when it crashes 3 times over 15 minutes.
  4. BengalTiger

Update:
    Game Error G12

That's what I got just now, had crash after like an hour, then crashed right afterwards with this popping up in my web browser.
    Who had this, and what fix worked?