Friendly disassembled my whole base and ran

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Parsa, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Parsa

The base was pretty heavily built, 3 minutes later it was gone like it was never even there, at least the sunderer garage wouldv've lasted long enough with like 2 enemy tanks around by the time I came back with cortium. Some friendly must have disassembled everything and ran...
  2. Villainous Hydrosa

Construction can only be disassembled by the silo owner, you can't even friendly fire construction anymore. If your base was reduced to nothing, there's three options I can think of off the top of my head:

1: Random armor column swept by and took it out. Doesn't take a massive one to clear a players base in a minute or two.

2: Someone came by with a sundy and cortium bombed it. I do that myself pretty often, one just needs a close by cloaked sundy, or to hack a bunker terminal, then just place bombs until everything's gone or they run out of merit.

3: Someone came by with a flail/OS, took out the skywall, then rained hell. If they blew up the silo first, everything else would be easier to kill.
    • Up x 6
  3. Parsa

doesn't seem to be any of those cases if you ask me, because it was off peak hours, there was like 50 guys on the map at most. It's not really worth blowing up really I was the only one running the base basically, it did have OS though. Speaking of OS you could see it on the map when you're within a kilometer and I think it was gone from the map as soon as I respawned into an ANT just after I redeployed near the base. I think the base was deleted because of a glitch, like when people go offline and it despawns
  4. PlanetBound

Your silo can be drained to the smallest cost item. If you maxed every asset it wouldn't last long but I have no idea if 3 minutes is enough time.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zagareth

I'd rather guess, that you forgot where your base was and went to a wrong location :D
    • Up x 1
  6. RabidIBM

Unless you witnessed the destruction of your base you don't know what killed. If there is any means to delete an allied base, I certainly don't know it, and I've tried. I've sometimes not been able to build where I want to because an abandoned silo is placed withing 200m of where I want to put my silo because a cortium farmer saw a 35k node.