Spawn Room Camping Fix plz

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wazz87, Oct 20, 2020.

1. wazz87

so i see people redeploying and logging off because i see air craft tanks and infintry camping spawn rooms. no one likes it and its just a waste of time. so the idea of having anti air, anti tank, anti infintry turrets on top of your spawn room would be a great idea. defenders majority of the time dont go on roofs because its being camped so hard and its just not fun. please give defenders outnumbered a chance to defend the base or atleast get out and fight. or just add a bubble like shield on the roof as well giving them a edge at spawn camping. its becomming just a waste of time at that point. the storm was a good idea but would like you to impliment something that every map and every planet has. either turrets on the top that kill anything that gets too close or a dome like bubble shield on the roof allowing people not to camp as much and giving defenders a edge. cause when u get spawn camped i feel its no fun in the game anymore and just redeploy. this is just my opinion and im sure people will make fun of me and tell me to get better but what can a few people do against 20 people camping it in every angle with air craft and tanks and infintry? game is dying might as well make some changes that makes it easier to defend spawn room atleast.
  2. OneShadowWarrior

I been ranting about this since the game began.

1. Horrible spawn room designs with really bad choke points, exiting.
    2. Shields that are two way, should be able to see out not in, like a one way mirror.
    3. To many blind spots especially when the spawn room get’s packed.
    4. Anti vehicle and Anti Air weapons for infantry and maxes still need more work, especially in close.
    5. EMP’s that jammed vehicles that parked right in front of doorways would be nice.
    6. It’s still he who zergs with the most numbers wins, there is no skill in this.
    • Up x 4
  3. wazz87

i agree. i just feel like were trapped like rats all the time and cant even get on roof to push out the air craft or tanks. then deal with the infintry. even a Orbital strike gives a split breathing room but getting out and having a chance isnt a option.
  4. Twin Suns

meh...Who cares anymore.

Even if you get reinforcements to turn the tide of battle. Even if you start making it out of the spawn. Even if you start to notice that "$&@! Yeah!" we're actually turning this into a decent fight.

DBG's "did we say you can fight here" storm will show up and defecate on everything. Seen it with my own eyes on multiple occasions.
  5. Shadowdev

People need to start learning to play defense. Leaving no one at a base on the front line or next to be taken isn't a good idea and allows the enemy to set up and camp the spawn room. Deploy some fire teams as defense so this doesn't happen.
    • Up x 1
  6. MonnyMoony

Base design in this game is horrible.

Many bases are nothing but kill boxes with their spawn rooms overlooked from multiple vantage points.

They are often walled with no routes up the interior surface onto the parapets for any class other than LA. In many bases it's actually easier for the attackers to get in, than the defenders to get out.

Even when you do have spawn teleporters, they often teleport you to the building right next door, which is equally exposed.

Capture points are often miles away from the spawn room meaning a boring slog each time you get killed.

All of these issues have been known and complained about for years though - nothing significant is likely to change.
    • Up x 1
  7. Twin Suns

Honestly, we're all just a bunch of little DiCaprios and DBG is the bear. :)
  8. Demigan

Solutions to spawncamping:

• Return the Router to it's original PS2 design: The Forwards Station. This was designed as a Medic deployed spawnpad to let players open up new attack and defense routes. Although rather than the developer idea of making it a timed thing that self-destructed after 1 minute it should be what was originally proposed: A utility item that you buy with nanites, and provides a spawnpoint for anyone within the base area or within 300m of the spawnpoint (so players cannot spawn on it from another base and keep Sunderers relevant). To balance it's strengths compared to the Sunderer, it would still cost 200 nanites same as the much more durable Sunderer and lack an infantry terminal.
    • More variety in exits. AMP station spawns are some of the least spawncamped as there's 3 ground doors with one exiting directly into a wall-tower with it's walkway and jumppads, 3 mid-floor exits with a circular walkway+2 jumppads to the center building, 2 topside exits onto a roof that has another roof against air-attacks and an underground tunnel system with 3 exits widely apart in the base. This should practically be standard to reduce spawncamping.
    • Allow players to use a terminal in the spawnbunker. This terminal allows you to drop-pod into an area nearby the spawnbunker so enemies cannot predict where you'll exit and bottle you up. This drop-pod area could be increased when you are outnumbered to give more freedom where to land and strike.
    • Add static drop-pod beacons into base design. This allows the defenders to spawn in anywhere into their base. The attackers can actively seek out and destroy them, the defenders can then repair them back up if they want to use them. It would take longer for attackers to bottle up the defenders as they have to destroy each individual beacon and hope they aren't repaired behind their backs.
    • Forward Operating Bases (FOB) that are attached to each base with their own capture point. These are out in the field of bases and provide a safe spawn with a small vehicle pad, where possible they are outside of the No Deploy Zone so they can be augmented with the construction system. Makes it easier for defenders to mount a counter-attack and attackers could capture them for their own purposes. These FOB's could also provide more control over the environment, such as providing a few trenches for infantry to fight vehicles, some turrets to fire onto the nearby road or power vehicle gateshields etc. Since they are FOB's they would only do spawning plus one of the other things, not all of them at the same time.
  9. Liewec123

well they've purposefully made it so if you want outfit resource you need to be camping the spawn room.
    they've stopped most of the other sources of XP from providing anything towards the 1000xp mark that you need to hit.

spawn XP, resupply, repair, heal, revive,
    none of it moves you towards the 1000XP that you need to get outfit resources
    even XP for holding a capture point isn't counted.

nothing reallycounts anymore besides getting kills, so you can thank DBG for that.
    spawn camping has always been a problem in PS2, but they've made it so much worse by forcing people to do it.
    don't camp the spawn like everyone else? don't get enough kills, don't get any resources.

i play in a solofit, and i refuse to spawn camp, its just not fun,
    so i find it a very rare occurrence to get 1000 "score" to get outfit resources at a base,
    despite doing way more for the team effort than all of the idiots who spawn camp.
    i bring the sunderers, i throw down the ammo packs, i hold the points,
    and THEY get rewarded for it.

tl;dr
    if more than "kills" counted towards the 1000xp requirement to recieve outfit resources,
    people would'nt be forced to camp spawns.
    • Up x 2