Anti Vehicle and Anti Air weapons don’t work

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Oct 23, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

It happens regardless of whatever faction I play. There will be a decent infantry fight defending a base. Then here comes the aircraft and vehicles, they push everyone and I mean everyone into the spawn tubes. Anti Vehicle or Anti Air weapons for both infantry and maxes are not working. I get it, if they are an effective and skilled strike force, we should get pushed back, but they are sitting within a few meters outside the spawns both air and land, there is nothing we can do to push back even in mass at such a close range, it get’s to the point of ridiculous when a handful of vehicles can push back so many. Lockon weapons are garbage , the max suits are ineffective both with AV and AA and in spite of even engineers and light assault having there faIr share of ordnance, it still is not working.

1. AV/AA need better punch up close.
    2. Lockon weapons need to be re-reviewed, they are to easy to outmaneuver, take way to long to lockon and even worse is when a ally run in front of you unintentionally and you lose the lock.
    3. Maxes need to be sturdier, a Flash taps it and can run it right over, the whole roadkill mechanic needs more work. The heavier the class in armor the harder the hit should be like hitting a speed bump, not glide over and run everyone over, it’s skilless.
    4. EMP weapons should jam or disable vehicles temporarily.
    • Up x 4
  2. Arpheus

Man #4 is such an awesome suggestion. Imagine EMP disables a vehicles movement for 5-10 seconds and the guns for 5 seconds. That way vehicles driving around inside bases would be at a risk and it would enable players to break out of a spawn camped by vehicles. And it would still be a team effort to blow up a tank except ASP Engineer with EMP Grenades who places C4 or Tank mines on the tank.
    That would really change the battle flow around bases for the better. Infiltrators would throw an EMP Nade at the vehicles and then the team would go for the kill.
    And as long as vehicles stay in range of each other there is no risk really except if a driver is an infiltrator or engineer and drives up close and surprises the other player with an EMP and then blows up the tank super fast.
    The most unbalanced thing that could happen would be an Infiltrator or ASP Engineer in the backseat of a harasser throwing an emp nade and then blow up the tank which would be an almost sure win.
    A godly suggestion which I would still love.

The weaker version of your idea is that EMP grenades could at least extremely mess up the vision for the gunners in a way that hitting infantry is almost impossible. This would still help pushing out of a spawn room and maybe scare away the vehicles if the EMP effect lasts long enough - 5 sec might not be enough. And you could still try to run away when a Harasser + EMP comes for you until your vision is back to normal
    • Up x 2
  3. Greiztoph

I think Vehicles aren't the problem and just the bases themselves.
    • Up x 1
  4. ican'taim

Agree 1000%. Perhaps we can finally start buffing tanks then?
  5. Demigan

I dont think we should buff the current AV and AA weapons (aside from the MAX based one's). We should introduce new one's instead that go into the utility slot and cost resources. Non-lethal one's like deployable shields and like mentioned an EMP-like attack (although I would just nerf the vehicle not completely stop it) and lethal one's like special LAW's, grenade launchers, placed charges, deployable traps etc.
    Because there is a resource cost and no way to easily resupply them at ammo boxes they would have a higher emphasis on hitting the target and not wasting them with potshots.

You can also create a division:
    - Weapons that cost resources upon use, like C4, medkits and grenades do. Upon death these arent lost but remain in your inventory.
    - weapons that cost resources upon acquiring them, like a MAX suit but in this case you would be buying a specialized AV/AA weapon into your utility slot that is lost upon death. The advantage of such weapons is that they dont cost anything after buying and can be resupplied, but with a higher risk factor for your investment.