How to play Shattered Warpgate when Esamir locked down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diplocaulus, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Diplocaulus

I’m trying to figure out this Shattered Warpgate thing. I just started a campaign on Esamir, but today Vanu are locked out from the continent, so do I need to wait until Esamir is available again to continue the campaign? Thanks.
  2. GunGood

You have to wait until it is unlocked. There is no way around it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Diplocaulus

As a casual player this is a bummer. I like a puzzle, which is what these Shattered Warpgate missions appear to be, but if your participation is dependent upon the whims of Esamir's availability then that kind of dampens my enthusiasm. (When will I get to continue a mission? When will I stop caring? Who knows?)

Whining aside, I like the new features of Esamir: the weird storm, abandoned vehicles, the shattered warpgate. I like the sanctuary with its Halloween decorations; too much fun!
  4. MichaelMoen

Fortunately the continents rotate on a pattern. (...pretty sure) When it locks you just have to wait for Indar, Amerish, and Hossin to have their turns and then you can go back. Depending on how many people are playing I've found on average you have at most about two hours from the moment the continent unlocks till the end of an Alert. Takes a while for one side to reach 100% and then an Alert is a little over an hour long.
    • Up x 2
  5. Novgdea

The rotation is awfull. Or am i the one who believe that, on every prime time, my faction is on the SW corner of the map ?
  6. Maddens

When Esamir unlocks it takes ridiculously little time until the alert triggers. Seriously Wrel, changing alert triggering conditions on Esamir was really dumb, but of course salty Reddit cried about there is Esamir all the time and they are sick about it. Pls Wrel change, so he did..
    Dear Daybreak, u give us Campaign to complete and then u take away the possibility to complete it.
    First chapter ends 2 November?
    Also in the middle of campaign u HAVE to go back to sanctuary to complete task and after that u stuck in a queue 28/28 or 45/45 or worse.
    • Up x 1