How do you feel about TI Alloy and The Crowns Bridge Being Gone?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pacrage, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Pacrage

How do you guys feel about the bridge being gone between both spots do you guys feel its more in a dead lock? Or just whoever has the crown only has one direction of attack now? I know it was to block the north and east factions from attacking each other on the way to the point, now last time I played the east and south directions were blocked completely from taking it from what I saw. What do you guys think? Good, bad? Same thing different day?
  2. Liewec123

as was obvious, without a ridiculously large overpop TI alloys is almost impossible to cap now.

the guys down at Ceres Hydroponics were always screwed,
    but the folks at crown had a chance at capping TI, though it was tough.
    but with the bridge gone it is just impossible.
    • Up x 2
  3. Demigan

The problem from Ceres Hydroponics was that you fight a literal uphill battle with an increasingly narrow path for vehicles while the enemy has an easy time getting above you in your flanks. Its a death gully.

The devs heard about this as "a never ending 3-way fight". So instead of making it easier from Ceres Hydroponics, they decided to cut the Crown attack route away. Now they are surprised that their excellent problem solving didnt solve anything.

Replace the Crown Bridge where it was, it helped the people at Ceres as it kept pressure on the TI alloys defenders and made sure they couldnt freely gank the Ceres people moving up.
    Add a western route that the people from Ceres can use to enter the facility, for example with a few buildings into the cliffside and a tunnel/bridge crossing the vehicle path. This gives the people from Ceres a way to put pressure on the defenders. Make sure that the buildings on the cliffside create protection for the Ceres people to deploy Sunderers and move up in an urban combat scenario.
    An eastern approach, such as a tunnel system underneath the rock bridge or in the rock face closer to Ceres would also be welcome.
    There is also a trick you can use like at Fieldspar base, where a neutral jumppad can fire you into a section of the base and allow players to continue from there.
    • Up x 8
  4. OneShadowWarrior

It’s been 8 years of the same maps, so the good, the bad the ugly, either way it’s a risk and a Welcome change, I just wish they did even more on badly designed bases that are terribly outdated.

WoW they can do map stuff, makes you wonder why they don’t create more maps, I’d pay for a DLC map.
    • Up x 1
  5. iller

The Archway was always a N00b Trap.

Anyone with half a Tactician's Brain could see that the intended way to "take" TI was to cut off the stupid Biolab Satellite-base connecting the lattice behind it. Some outfits do that. Pubbies shouldn't dictate how an entire continent is laid out just because they don't know how to read an Effing MAP
  6. Liewec123

You're assuming that we went to TI Alloys because we wanted to end the fight as quickly as possible.

We went there because the big battles there were one of the last great "meatgrinder" fights in the game.
    That rock-bridge battles were always a good source of fun!
    • Up x 3
  7. Peebuddy

Ti alloys currently is just too easy for defenders to bunker up in the capture point. Close up some of the more direct doorways into the building, make the journey inside take longer and exposed to attackers then maybe you wouldn't require overwhelming numbers in order to take it.
  8. iller

I said "Intended"
    If the Designers wanted us to stay at the same fight for hours, there's would't be 25 other bases on Indar
  9. Liewec123

its a sandbox game though, and they need to realise that if they won't let us play the fights that we want
    then we'll start questioning why we're still playing.

forcing people away from the fights that they enjoy is NOT how to keep players.

deleting the stone-bridge killed one of those fights, and in doing so killed a little more of the enjoyment of this game.
  10. Trigga

I honestly dont think its the fact the fights are 'fun'.
    Any fight can be fun, at any base, on any map, in any area.
    I think what they actually mean is, 'I am **** at this sandbox game, so im going to ignore 90% of it and stay in my protected little hovel where its not scarey', whats more, in this team based territory control game, im going to solely focus on a meaningless number that no1 ever looks at.
    In other words its a cop-out excuse.

Perfect example is the other night, attacking Eisa tech, most NC are for some reason sitting inside a destroyed generator room, must have been an entire platoon (well i actually know it was because i spoke to one of them). When asked what they were doing i got the usual reply 'farm, bla bla bla, kills bla bla, directives, bla' looked at the scoreboard, and the 4 NC who were attacking the point had over 20 kills each, with the so called 'farmers' having less than 5 each, most must have had 0 because the bottom NC scorer had 1 and more than half the list was VS....
    So they were all sat inside a small room claiming to be 'farming directive kills' because they are elite mode, yet they got very little kills, we didnt manage to cap the base, with 65% pop, and their sundy finally got blown up by VS who were quite rightly bored of sitting in the same base, looking at the same generator building for over an hour, did the intelligent thing of not getting farmed inside a small room, and simply removed their spawn, ignored them, and went to the next base (where might i add the fight started again, funny that, a fight starting somewhere else after one finishes, youd never have thought that could happen.....its almost as if no matter where the fight takes place, many kills can be made and much fun can be had....uhhhm...).
    So after all that they acheived nothing, and with the 20 or so kills they managed between their entire platoon, there is no way it was fun either, no matter what ******** they spew.
    What i saw was a bunch of selfish players who instead of helping their team achieve the base capture and move their 'farm' into a less easily camped area, they not only ruined their own game, but also that of the rest of the empire on at that time.
    And their excuse of 'its off hours' just shows how selfish they actually are, happy to ruin peoples game time who cant play at prime as some sort of punishment for not playing at prime, wow. And it wasnt even midnight yet...
    I wonder how many of these people would be so brash about how they treat others IRL, i somehow doubt it tbh.

The developers should have chased selfish people like these off the game years ago (infact they did the opposite), because in all honesty if they all left now it would make 0 difference to my gameplay since i never join those ****** grinders anyway, because to me theyre the most boring places in the game.
    Solo directives were also a bad idea from the get go, but thats another topic.
    • Up x 2
  11. That_One_Kane_Guy

Over the years I have spent hours in games doing things that to an outside observer could not possibly be 'fun'. I've also seen people enjoying things I would not consider fun. Fun is subjective. I certainly wouldn't advise advocating for people to be 'chased off the game' just because they aren't playing the way you want them to, that's just as brash and self-serving as you're accusing them of being.

Like you said this is a sandbox game, these kinds of things go with the territory.
    • Up x 1
  12. Trigga

Try to understand what people are saying people before you reply, it generally helps with conversation by them not thinking your just being a dick.

Its not the way 'I' want.
    Its the way the developers of the game want.

Theyve clearly designed the game to play in a certain way, they balance it this way, they intend it to be played this way.
    Theyve constantly over the years talked about wanting fast paced gameplay, its why they implemented the quick spawn, its why we have short base timers once all points are capped.
    They want the game to move, theyve always said that.
    They attempt to change bases that are stagnent, like the most recent crown TI changes.
    They even made Eisa tach into a 3 point base because the gameplay inside that base was too stagnated, which is now awesome imo.
    So why should they, or anyone else who wants the game to flow as intended, be concerned about a bunch of players hell bent on destroying that, not just for themselves, but for anyone else who might want to play the game as it was intended?

No-1 is talking about banning people for not running towards an objective.
    But you dont encourage people to ignore the main objective, you encourage them to fight towards it.
    Otherwise you might aswel just put an open field down with random spawn points and have people shoot each other until a timer runs out........o wait we have millions of those game already....

Like i said, it would make 0 difference to me at this point, i struggle to see that as 'self serving' or can you explain how having 0 effect on my gameplay is somehow useful to me?
    Either they stay and i continue to ignore them, or they dont and theyre not there to be ignored.
  13. Demigan

The cop-out excuse is claiming what other people think for no other reason than creating an argument.

The game is supposed to be fun for everyone. If the lionshare of players actively avoid 90% of the game, even if it was for your imaginary reason, then 90% of the game is build wrong.

Imagine if the devs revealed that actually they intended the game to be about diplomacy and using the /yell chat to fairly distribute the land. Or imagine that this was the advocated goal of the game since day 1... does that suddenly mean that anyone finding fun in shooting each other and fighting over bases is wrong?
    No ofcourse not! Because after 5 minutes of solid diplomacy the playspace can be divided and the game grinds to a halt! There is no reward system to encourage diplomatic behaviour like that, and players will get bored and find their own fun. "Intended" means nothing if its badly executed.

And badly executed is exactly what the "intended" gameplay is. People dont enjoy it as its badly balanced and rewards players for being as dickish as possible and avoiding fights.

I keep writing "intended" in parathesis because the actual intended gameplay was made clear by the devs if you ever looked into the games development: facilitate fair and interesting fights for the players.
    They removed certain objectives and switched capture mechanics because they kept the playerbase apart too much. They changed bases specifically to facilitate fights, to make sure players would find each other and clash in large masses. Its one of the important reasons why the Lattice was created: too many players would simply avoid combat altogether and just capture bases, burning out of the game quickly and leaving. Similarly the early devs struggled to get the gameplay balanced properly, being forced to build walls everywhere and segregate infantry from the rest just to give them a fun fight.

I have to say it Trigga: you are playing the intended game wrong. The intended way to play was to get large, balanced fights, and you are saying these players are wrong for playing the intended way.

You also claim that players "can have fun anywhere", but that's just it: they cant. You can potentially have fun anywhere, but most fights have a massive risk of being decidedly not fun. Overpops, redeployside, Galdrops, vehicle shelling, aircraft killing while players are dependend on others to protect them with boring and low-effectiveness AA weapons. The bases people like to get stuck at for a 24/7 fights mitigate most of these problems. We do see a want for people to see other fights, mixed infantry+vehicle fights happen whenever an AMP station and Techplant happens, and they draw enough players to shift the balance of power in Biolab fights.

The moral of all that: make it fun. Dont blame the players for "not playing as intended" and even worse insulting them all as bad at the game and scared when the developers should be making all the fights as attractive to play (more attractive even) than the 24/7 fights they prefer over the current horrorstory that is the "intended" gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  14. ican'taim

don't care. I've only fought at TI a grand total of 5 times anyway.
    • Up x 1
  15. That_One_Kane_Guy

You'll be happy to note that your own posts leave much less to the imagination.
    The word for this, how did you put it?
    Ah, that's right.

I have no idea, you seem to be the only one here getting hot and bothered about it.
    Hmm...
    No you're right, I'm the one who should be reading before they post.

No I believe you, people come to the forums and write multiple essays on subjects they don't really care about all the time. I can tell you're completely indifferent to the subject.
    • Up x 1
  16. JibbaJabba

Wrels entire logic for removing it was wrong.

He indicated the land bridge just had too much cover, and people weren't dying quickly. It made the fight stagnate.

Duh.

That's exactly what people want. I swear it's like this guys idea of fun as that classic "planetside experience" - A wildly imbalanced fight, spawn camped even, and over the moment the timer is done.
    • Up x 2
  17. iller

BINGO

I've always gone out of my way to give Liewec123 a preferential and unmolested platform on these forums but in this case he is 100% misrepresenting "FUN" for *Path of Least resistance*

It's not that I don't understand these player's playstyles. You don't play Arena Shooters like I did for 20 years without understanding just wanting to unplug one's brain and go on a frag fest for the evening. But it doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what he thinks. None of us were ever in the Studio's design office and we never will be at this rate. This is not a Respresentative Democracy or even a republic. It is design by Plutocratic Committee which is full of bad writers and frauds who just want to Role Play a sci fi battlefield. And as a result, all of their Focus Groups and internal Testers will also resemble that pre-Bias and "Vision".

Intended ...is a strawman you can't argue *AGAINST* nomatter how hard you try.
  18. Pacster3

There was no real attack path at all. Ceres and Crown have just been blocking each other on the bridge making attacking from Ceres even worse. It was an endless 3way with TI and Bridge Gaming Ceres. They did not even get to the point. Now they at least do not kill each other before they get to the point.

We now need better protected attack routes. Set the vehicle spawn of TI to the north so they can't kill a sundy from Crown that easily. Maybe we should get rid of a vehicle spawn at TI all together. And then increase the distance between defenders and capture/choke points.
  19. Demigan

It's the other way around, the Crown Bridge helped protect the Ceres troops as it forced the TI defenders to focus their attention on them. Only when the Ceres players finally reached the top of the hill could the players from the Crown Bridge block the Ceres players, but the Ceres players were more likely to have the vehicle power to actually stop the Crown players from leaving the bridge around that entrance and force them to use the back-entrance of TI Alloys. This only spread the defenders more over the entrances to the pointroom.
  20. JustGotSuspended

Yeah I was a bit caught off guard, can't say I was too surprised but still...

we need more points of entry and decent spawn placements for TI, and to "improve battleflow" they remove the only one the was instead. It's a different approach I guess.

Now TI is even more difficult to cap, even with a superior force. Fights there die quickly, but since allatum and the crown block progression, the forces just kinda disperse and zerg around the map.

My way to approach it woul'd been to maybe add another rock bridge, or make it a bit larger, and then either level ceres or add some sort of jumpads for the guys from ceres to push. Add multiple, place them at different locations, and there would probably need to be another level with lots of cover...TI would have to become a very complex base, with some actual thought for it to support engaging 3 way battles.

Obviously the Crown and Ceres could be revamped but that's for another post.
    • Up x 1