Holy Knights for the resurrection of PS2.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by icufos, Oct 4, 2020.

1. icufos

Sorry, just a silly title to get your attention.

My point is that the 'Shattered Warpgate' has increased the player count..
    https://steamcharts.com/app/218230

27th September Year of our Lord 2020 6pm = 2787
    4th October Year of our Lord 20202 5pm = 4046

Where do the Holy Knights for the resurrection of PS2 come in?

Well I've noticed there's kinda a rebellion going afoot.
    Posters are actually saying good things and these are the Holy Knights of legend I speaketh of.

Anyway, like to see someone question those figures..Bring it on..You know who you are.;)

Incidentaly, think the numbers will be retained, mostly.
  2. PinkHurtsMyEyes

why would the numbers be retained? What have changed? What has improved the gameplay and the new player experience. Instead of making organized play fun and something to want they are trying to force it on us...

Besides u want stats fisu might be a better option that Steam if Steam only considers steam players...
    • Up x 6
  3. Wadelma

Gonna say the numbers are going to crash down soon enough now that the 2x xp is done and the reality of ****e rewards really sets in. Have my doubts about this update bringing any lasting positive impact if general perception of it is to be believed.
    • Up x 4
  4. icufos

Had a great time playing on Esamir last night.
    I love the new update. Terrific.
    However there's a fair few players on this forum who seem unhappy.
    Have always paid attention to everyone in life.
    You have to listen. It's only polite.
    So I hope a compromise can be reached.
    After all, they do want to please as many as possible. It would not make sense otherwise.

I will look at fisu. Thanks Pink.

Yes, you have a point and maybe so, Wadelma.
  5. Demigan

Lets look at more accurate numbers than just the steam charts:

https://ps2.fisu.pw/population/global/

You can see on March during Escalation a peak of 11.000 players with averages of 5000.

In August the average was 2400 players and peak 6200 players.
    The last 30 days is 2300 average and 6100 peak. This will likely rise a bit higher as it has a lot of days from September logged with it.

Now you wont see an increase as in March. And like March which was also tauted as the wonderful saviour of our game it will also fall flat on its face the moment people realize all the bad stuff this promotes. More zerging! Fights that most people enjoyed ruined! A new campaign system that works on one continent and massively favors one warpgate combined with making it a free farm for vehicles and aircraft! These holy knights of yours only seek holyness for themselves and damn everyone who does not agree with them.

Dont cheer for the destruction of someone elses fun just so you can get what you want. Look for how you can make your fun appealing to those who avoid it right now.
    • Up x 1
  6. icufos

Youv'v gone all..

..on me.

In my defense have put this comment down on another post.

I.c.u.f.o.s said..

'Finale.
    One happy bunny but I'd like to see changes made to accommodate the unhappy as much as is possible.'

Liked your 'Holy Knights' comment.
    Unfortunately feel this applies to both sides.
    We are doomed to argue for eternity.:eek:
  7. Demigan

Sorry, but too many of your holy knights are laughing and applauding this, up to some even outright saying they are loving the salt it generates. It becomes kind of easy to just mash them all together into "their camp" and "my camp".

Yes you did say you wanted to accomodate the rest, and I dont think we are doomed to an eternity of arguing. For example I think you can agree on several of the following points:

- make infantry capable enough against vehicles that they no longer need to be seprated by walls to enjoy themselves.
    - remove the deterrent style mechanic from AA weapons, it has not worked properly since the game launched and has been a sore point for both the air crews and the ground crews alike.
    - make spawnpoints easy to exit without being spawncamped. The biggest reason for spawnwarriors is spawncampers, the biggest reason for spawncampers is that you can easily lock the defenders in place. This design also prevents the defenders a proper chance to retaliate and retake the base once they are pushed back that far even though they dont necessarily are beaten.
    - make sure that battles do not stop when a base is captured, but continue. The biggest attraction of 24/7 fights like The Crown is that you dont have to interrupt it getting to the next fight.
    - give underpopped players access to bonusses and additional mechanics to make fighting overpops fun. Cheaper grenades and vehicles, more spawn options that give more freedom to attack valuable positions (like drop-podding in within a certain area), the ability to spawn vehicles using the ANVIL system (which is why I proposed the damn ANVIL idea years before they wasted it on Outfits!), ways to halt the enemy capture without needing to push through chokepoints while underpopped to get to and hold the point etc.
    - more freedom in setting control options, especially flight mechanics. Also default controls need to be intuitive to the largest amount of players and be capable enough to use in the most common flght maneuvers, currently not even all flight buttons are keybound by default!
    - better inter-vehicle balance. Having an ESF play the roles of attack helicopter, CAS fighter, A2A superiority fighter and scout heli/aircraft at the same time while the rest is mostly limited to one role and all subservient to ESF is just bad. ESF are just the easiest example here. But the Valkyrie could play an Attack helicopter role for anti-ground, ESF a dive-bomber, Liberators of gunship and Galaxies as heavy bomber for example, that way each aircraft has their own way to tackle the same anti-ground routine. Add the same for air-superiority duties so that every aircraft can be the defacto air-superiority craft at that time and you no longer have jack-of-all-trades vehicles. Similarly ground units could get a treatment like that.

Changes such as this defeat the things that prevent people from stepping outside of 24/7 battles. Why go to a battle where you might just be crushed by an overpop or vehicles you cannot realistically defeat if you can stick with a battle that gives you everything you want right now? It might be repetitive and there is no question that players want more battles to be as good, but why take the risk of getting into a situation where you just dont have fun?
  8. icufos

No need to be sorry. Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Think all the points you made are valid.
    A very reasonable wall of text.

My personal favorite being..
    Demigan said' '- more freedom in setting control options, especially flight mechanics. Also default controls need to be intuitive to the largest amount of players and be capable enough to use in the most common flght maneuvers, currently not even all flight buttons are keybound by default!'.

I'm a flyer mostly so would zoom in on that one.
    • Up x 1