[Suggestion] HARDSPAWNS NEAR SHATTERED WG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Oct 3, 2020.

1. JustGotSuspended

Since the missions encourage killing, while others encourage running around collecting hundreds of plants that spawn underground (really dbg, first 50, then 100? that's way too much) it's reasonable to demand some hardspawns near the wg.

Right now only construction stuff and lucky sunderers are spawns, which are easily nuked or dstroyed. Good luck getting a spawn back once those go down, especially if you're coming from the far southern wg.

Not very fun.

So let's add hardspawn bunkers near the wg for each faction, and fix the plants spawns, and keep Esamir unlocked at all times.
    • Up x 3
  2. UltimaRecon

Its true, Esamir should remain open at all times during this stupid thing. I log in to always see Esamir locked and at the back of the rotation. So gotta wait for every other continent to finally reach Esamir again. Yesterday when Esamir finally did open, thats when they decided it was the perfect time to bring the servers down. Then when the servers came back up, they ******* locked Esamir putting it at the back of the rotation again. Like really? We were on Esamir, you couldn't have brought the server back online with Esamir as the open continent still? Nope, they act like it got locked instead. So I just logged off for the rest of the day, This morning, same thing its at the back of the rotation. If your going to make new content for only 1 continent, you gotta keep it open. Theres nothing new anywhere else making the vast majority of game play now is just waiting for Esamir to come back.
    • Up x 1
  3. JustGotSuspended

Well they cut back so many territories from esamir the alerts are triggered way quicker. Add to the fact that the guys who are in the southern warpgate are practically left alone to capture the continent while the other 2 factions harvest plants and salt on the opposite side of the map, esamir is open less than 25% of the time.

Of course, it doesn't help that the new bases are complete trash that the people who actually want to play planetside 2 can't stand, making the new esamir worse than hossin: no one wants to play there, they all want the alert to start as fast as possible so they can go to normal bases.

That leaves the players trying to do the campaign at a difficult spot.

I don't like the campaign, but I paid for it, and I want to get a few rewards like the mask and the ice pic, instead I'm left to complete a ridiculous grind that I can't even do half of the time.

And I don't like the fact that they merged this garbage with the directives tab, which actually have something to do with the game.
  4. ican'taim

Disagree. We actually have PS1-esque fights that aren't just a bunch of mentally handicapped ******* shooting at an indestructible bunker with 5 people Redeployside is also not greatly nullified in the region, so that's awesome.
    • Up x 1
  5. Johannes Kaiser

I do like the fights that are happening around the boomzone. Very dynamic. After spending quite a bit of time there today, I'd actually say that hardspawns are not needed. With one exteption: The faction that has the SW warpgate shoudl get one, as otherwise getting there and established is quite the uphill battle for them, and if they get kicked out getting back in is really hard.
  6. iller

Just unlock
    1. Elysium Tube
    2. Construction Sunderer Garage
    3. Pain spire
    4. Shielding module
    there .. now you have a hard spawn that's easy to defend
    You can even sandwich it in between the Silo and a Bunker so that not even a Diffusor harasser can squeeze inside it
    • Up x 1
  7. JustGotSuspended

until a ******** dude drops 2 nukes
  8. Squid0987

honesly they should see this and realize they could shift the game into a better direction and move away from the boring capture the point gameplay we had for years
    • Up x 1
  9. Demigan

Wait, if you get the time and safety to set all of that up no problem, then there's no problem bringing a Stealth Sunderer for example right? That's faster and safer.