[Suggestion] Crouch Meta

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Interplanetary, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Interplanetary

Spamming crouch when firing is cheesy.
    It's been getting more prevalent lately and there's no counter for it.
    It punishes the player for aiming at the head.
    Whoever crouches first in a close combat 1v1 scenario will most likely win.

A couple ideas:
    1. Crouching could pause your gunfire for a split second until your knee hits the ground.
    2. Crouching animation could drastically lower accuracy until your knee hits the ground.
    3. Disable the crouch key only while firing your weapon. Fire, crouch, continue firing.

Thanks for reading :cool:
    • Up x 1
  2. iller

really overthinking this

just put a cooldown on it servside so that hitting it more than once per 500 milliseconds can't glitch out a hitbox
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

1. Spamming crouch is counter-productive, you crouch once or twice to gain accuracy and to throw off your opponent's aim.
    2. Aiming for the head is already immensely rewarding, counterplay against that is a good thing.
    3. Whoever aims better in close combat wins regardless of who crouches. If two players of equal mechanical skill meet in a vacuum the winner is the one who was less predictable. Yes this includes crouching robotically the same way every time you fire your weapon.
  4. Blue_Lion

There are lots of factors that determines who wins 1v1 at close quarters. skill at aiming, weapons, who shoots first crouching is not end all be all of who wins.
    If you know some one spam crouches take a pump shot gun and aim where there head will be if they crouch. Then you punish them for crouching. If crouching is predicable you can adapt. If you adapt you win.
  5. InexoraVC

Strafing and moving is meta. Those who spam strafing and moving will win. Lets ban them :) and nerf strafing and moving. Lets make PS2 look the same as FPS for Android mobile phones (press F to win, and press E to buy boosts)
  6. Twin Suns

Honestly, it could be worse.

At least PS2 doesn't have the little Peter Cottontails hopping down the bunny trails, like most of these Flintstone chewable shooters of today's generation. Hoppity Hop...360 no scope...get rekt trash can shooters. ;)
  7. Zaros

I agree with you @Interplanetary, and your three ideas you posted seems okay. I will first state though, there is a counter to this crouch meta, and that is CQC (Close Quarter Combat) weapons such as: SMG (Small Machine Gun) especially with laser sight, shot guns, or any other weapon with that has a advanced laser sight such as a few assault rifles and LMG (Light Machine Gun). This is where you stop aiming with the scope and you hip-fire while strafing left and right.

Now, what you didn't mention was the distance at which this player is crouch spamming against you. What I stated above works when within CQC environment such as being inside buildings where majority of capture points tend to be. The only problem though is the fact that almost every damn weapon can be equipped with a laser such as assault rifles and LMGs.

A suggestion of mine would be to remove the attachment of laser sights on majority, if not, all of assault rifles and LMGs. Some of these assault rifles and LMGs may keep the laser sight attachment, such weapons would be like the NS-weapons. There is no reason why Orion, Anchor, MSW-R should have a laser sight attachment. Reason why I'm specifically pointing out these weapons? You may know exactly why.
  8. JustGotSuspended

i never understood this "crouch spammer" issue

you can crouch yourself.

very few people crouch because it requires skill to time it correctly and to understand when to do it.

half the time if you crouch ur just giving away free headshots, and losing mobility.

you can't crouch spam for the reason above, try it yourself and see what happens.

It's one correctly timed crouch to throw off the aim once someone starts landing headshots on you. Nothing wrong in doing so, you can try it yourself.

you realize you're complaining about dudes moving?

your arguments make 0 sense.

if you wanna shoot at dudes who stand still just go in VR lol wut
  9. JibbaJabba

Aim at the body and they'll duck into it. It's also self countering to some degree as it alters aim on anything beyond a flicker crouch.
    It is supposed to.
    Not true. Whoever crouches as the right time and at the right range is likely to win. There is a natural point to do it slightly after the engagement when the opponent has swung crosshairs to head. There are also ranges where bloom can make crouching completely counter productive.

It's an established mechanic for 7 years at this point. It's not getting changed. Just learn to do it correctly. If you're spamming it or (LOLZ) using a macro then you're doing it wrong. It will just make you look hilarious while you partially befuddle noobs but get dunked on by vets.

Also by "do it correctly" it should *generally* be one of two things...
    1. A flicker... like the lightest crouch you can possibly do. If done right your aim will not be affected, while your character model will do a full albeit quick duck. This will save you from a triple dink and give you a chance.
    2. A cho ni mah(sic). Just full sink it to the ground and stay there until it's done. This is gonna get you killed by decent players so you need to be good enough to recognize a good/bad player by their battle flow. You can kill a room full of noobs with it though.
  10. NotziMad

it's not about getting your opponent to miss headshots though.

You'd think that was it, obviously, but that's not it at all.

It's an exploit, it changes how you shoot and how hit your target.

On the receiving end, "technically" I'm not sure it doe anything, but it could, I dunno. But that's the thing, it's like a taboo no one wants to talk about. I reported it to support, made a thread in bug report, but what else can I do?
    • Up x 1
  11. JibbaJabba

Explain yourself better maybe?

I am NOT following you, sorry. How is this an exploit? It changes how you shoot and hit your target in what way?
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

Yup ADAD and crouch spam pretty much turns you into a Matrix Agent...
    And the worst part is that it is so easy to make a macro for most modern gaming mice
    so you can dodge bullets simply by pressing a button.
  13. JustGotSuspended

half the time it just offers a free kill at the noobs who aim for the chest.

I've literally never encountered a crouch spammer - at least not one that actually accomplished anything.

again, it's only useful when done once to throw off the guy's aim when he lands a headshot.

spamming it does nothing, if only making you look foolish

maybe some videos of what you're trying to explain would help?

literally see no problem in moving around to avoid bullets, seems like a logical thing to do
  14. iller

Pretty much...
    [IMG]
    It's hard to hit that really specific hitbox when even the server doesn't know if it's on top of or inside of the Torso Hull (even if the effect only happens for like 50 milliseconds, it's still enough to win most duels)
  15. NotziMad

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...intended-and-exploitable-consequences.255228/

You can do it yourself.

"in situation" :

* you're shooting and being shot out"

you DON'T spam C and win

you DO spam it at least twice (the increased hit whatever it is happens when you get up)

*compare both*

If I spam it twice, when I get up, bam, target is dead. If I don't, then it's as normal. People spam C even when they aren't being shot at, why do you think that is?