STOP LOCKING CONTINENTS SO FAST

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by darkaile, Jul 29, 2020.

1. darkaile

Its not fun. In fact it makes me frustrated. It feels like everything you do is a waste of time when less than 20 minutes after a continent opens its ready to lock again. Thats idiotic and stupid you get no more money from me till you can give me a meaningful time in the game. By which i mean you dont lock continents in 2 or less hours. I expect 4-6 hours PER CONTINENT MINIMUM
    • Up x 1
  2. SilentSueRia

Well... I would suggest increasing the amount of continents to PS1 levels, add faction specific sanctuary continents back and restore the continental lattes system, BUT! ... That is WAAAAYYYY too much to ask for, due to how slow the current size of dev team they have available is. So, I know I wont get that request.

After all, the devs didn't even have time to add a 5 minute Cooldown timer to the Outfit OS, top prevent it from being a joy spam nuclear weapon.
  3. RabidIBM

I do find there is quite a difference between how long different continents stay open. Esamir typically kicks off an alert in 20 minutes as you say. Indar and Hossin however, will often be open for frankly too long as I see it.
  4. NotziMad

That's because Esamir has 3 biolabs immediately available and their capture is worth quite a lot of strength. So if the owner of the (only) tech plant takes a biolab, maybe one or two bases, thats it, Alert.

Indar is the slowest continent to trigger an Alert, that's mainly because bases don't get captured so easily on Indar, and most players spend their time in the Crown and at Ti Alloyds.

Hossin is different, and really depends on how much population is there but in normal conditions you're right, it's pretty slow.

These continents and their bases were made and balanced for a version of the game that no longer exists. For example, at a time when there was no spawns in biolab, or, if you remember, at a time where sunderers could be deployed anywhere.

Since, there have been many many modifications, small ones, structural ones, gameplay ones that have since been cancelled (like construction bases working as Hives to contribute to Alert victory).

And if there's one thing the current and recent dev team are notoriously bad at, are really really bad at, it's balance.
    • Up x 1
  5. Blam320

You're not playing during the right time, then. Most of the times I play, continents can stay open for hours.
    • Up x 2
  6. NotziMad

didn't mention it cause I thought it was obvious but you're right, usually, the higher the pop, less bases get captured or loss. On an empty continent, I can fly around capping bases and lock it in less than 20 minutes.