[Suggestion] DAYBREAK, please remove Firestorm implant - Please focus on issues with the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by llCornholioll, Jul 16, 2020.

1. llCornholioll

The addition of the Firestorm implant is a terrible, TERRIBLE addition to Planetside 2.
    This will increase the gap between good and bad players. Bad players will get rect even more and good to elite players, will be able to get even higher KD's without effort. If not between good and bad players, it will further increase the gap between veterans and new players.
    Planetside 2 doesn't really attract a competition level players. Planetside 2 attracts all levels of players which is why it's such a fun game with it's enormous battles. While the implant won't do much in an open battlefield, where the firerate and damage counts like charging or defending points for capture, this will be devastating to low firerate weapons and factions.

Why Daybreak, do you put more emphasis on adding content to the game when in my opinion you have so much to fix. Like the voice problem. Yes you added a connection monitor, but that's not a solution. The other day I was disconnected just as much as before, but now I can see how many I'm disconnected to. Thx for that. That actually was good information, I will now use a chat more than voice chat because I know all players can't hear me in my platoons.

And what about the double teaming issue? I've talked to your staff, you consider it normal gameplay.
    Whichever faction gets doubleteamed, may it be VS, TR or NC.. It SUCKS. This is a game killer. This is where you lose A LOT of players.
    Double teaming is part of the game yes, and a viable strategy that one could trick the enemy to help you out with maybe. But the largest outfits and their leaders communicating on Discord Public servers, creating pacts just to completely ignore the normal course of gameplay and then have 2 factions completely warpgate 1 faction because of personal issues? And once warpgated the majority of players are for a long time still at the warpgate. This happens. This is where hundreds of players go "**** you Planetside 2, I'm out"
    I have a suggestion to this issue tho, which will benefit every faction and not prevent double teaming but make it a less viable option.
    Simply add a handicap.. A handicap for the faction who has a very low territory control. For example on a fully opened map, if NC and VS both have 45% each and TR has 10%, give them handicap. Buffs. Boosts.
    For example, temporarily until they reach a higher %, increase the timers it takes to cap. Maybe double them.
    Add defensive bonuses like, maybe have a citadel shield deploy right over the point at random during a cap, have soldiers in that area get 50% more shield. Any handicap for a faction who has completely get recked during the map, will balance the double teaming.

I could go on forever. Truth is you have to listen to your community, and give what the fans of the game want. Don't bother trying to get player who don't like the game or stopped playing the game, to start playing, because you will make changes that will make the people who actually like Planetside 2, quit. Great example of this is what Blizzard has become and what they've done to WoW and how many millions of players quit because it was no longer the game they loved. (And it ONLY took 15 years for Blizzard to understand that, when they finally opened Classic servers)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 7
  2. llCornholioll

Also here's a damage comparison. Due to many other factors that Daybreak has in play to determine what the DPS should be, (like recoil, spread, accuracy, range etc etc.) the DPS boost from the Firestorm Implant will not be even across the field.
    Since high RPM often means higher damage but worse aim, TR will in general have higher DPS boosts from this implant.

Cycler 845 RPM 143 DMG 121 DPS (120,835)
    Gauss Rifle 600 RPM 167 DMG 100 DPS (100,200)
    /W Firestorm (8% increase RPM)
    Cycler 913 RPM (912,6) 143 DMG 131 DPS (130,501.8) ~10+ DPS
    Gauss Rifle 648 RPM 167 DMG 108 DPS (108,216) ~8+ DPS
  3. Johannes Kaiser

I may be mistaken, but something here seems off.
    Gauss Rifle: 600 RPM means 10 RPS. That's 1670 DPS.
    Cycler: 845 RPM means 14.08 RPS (let's say 14). That's 2002 DPS.
    Now with Implant that means:
    Gauss Rifle: 648 RPM means 10.8 (let's say 11) RPS. That's 1837 DPS (or with the exact number 1803).
    Cycler: 912.6 (let's say - as you did - 913) RPM means 15.21 (let's say 15) RPS. That's 2145 DPS (or with the exact number 2175).
    In general, I think we can say as a rule of thumb that the implant adds one shot per second to automatic weapons. And that surely is a flat cheap damage increase that anyone will miss out on who doesn't partake in this summer event. Not a great idea.
    • Up x 3
  4. BamaRage

What else do we expect from DBG
    • Up x 1
  5. Blam320

This is going to be cancerous on Automatic Shotguns. But then again, we already have implants such as Assimilate which grant the user free shields and ability energy on headshot kills.
  6. Twin Suns

Gimmick shooter.
  7. Crayv

Worst possible direction to go in. Better to go the "Mario Kart" route and have implants that give bonuses UNTIL you get a kill.
    • Up x 2
  8. The Shady Engineer

This thing should have a cooldown. A LOOOOOOOONG cooldown. Like 45 seconds between being able to re-trigger it.

"But Shady, it would make the implant bad" I hear you say. Good. This thing is an abomination and should have never been added into the game. Another "win more" implant for heavy assaults. WTF. Directive implants are supposed to be fun gimmicks like Phylactery, this is a straight up DPS boost.
    • Up x 2
  9. OneShadowWarrior

I think it is a an awesome addition, you can only use 2 implants, there is a plethora of choices.
  10. NotziMad

they literally have no idea what they are doing...

I mean they literally do not understand their own game..
  11. llCornholioll

No, because the obvious choice is having the Firestorm implant now. Again, damage boost will not be equal across the factions, some will benefit more. Veteran or experienced players will have this implant way before newer or amateur players, increasing the skill gap cuz of a implant.

This is basically what EA did with Battlefront 2, and people were PISSED. I don't understand why people don't complain more about this ********. Do you guys want the game to die?
    • Up x 1
  12. llCornholioll

BUMP
    I want Daybreaks response.
  13. NotziMad

You won't get it, not here anyway.

Try making a ticket, Reddit / Twitter / Twitch etc.
  14. BamaRage

DBG always doubles down on bad ideas anyway...
  15. OneShadowWarrior

They are to busy on Bastion Carrier, Siege Tank and Sanctuary......

They won’t address the fixes from the transition from DX9 to DX11. They are just stacking more bugs on top of more bugs.

We are all seeing the same issues, huge performance drops with these new additions, an outdated rendering engine where thinks flicker no matter what you do with the distance rendering values, sound cut offs, I can keep going on and on, but I have posted so many times that they need the game fixed.

It’s amazing they can devote so much time with Firestorm implant but not get the fixes in.
  16. The Shady Engineer

It got nerfed. It is so situational now that you will barely see it outside of the occasional oddball player experimenting with heavy weapons or SMGs.
    • Up x 2