Yaw control with mouse?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tarjan, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Tarjan

For the life of me I can't figure out how to assign aircraft yaw control to mouse.

I need to set these aircraft controls properly but I cannot find the mouse axis option anywhere. Is it maybe hidden in a config file somewhere? This current control setup with yaw on keyboard and roll on mouse is completely alien to me. It's backwards, like if your car was set up where you turned with the foot pedals and accelerated with your wheel, or if in an FPS you aimed and turned with keyboard and ran forward and backward with mouse. Alien and backwards and unintuitive and so frustrating! My brain is used to War Thunder and especially Elite: Dangerous. I need to roll with keyboard and yaw with mouse.

Help me out here guys. Where is this setting?
    • Up x 1
  2. Botji

Unless I have entirely missed it, it doesnt exist and a lot of people have asked for it and we still dont have it so it will probably be added in about a never and a half.

The wonky flight controls and physics is largely why new people trying to fly give up, they get slammed by the controls as much as they get slammed by the veterans that are used to them as well as having the experience of how things flies in the game.
    • Up x 2
  3. Demigan

The devs early after launch said they did have yaw on the mouse ready for release, but wanted to see how the current twisted controls would function in the community. The few who benefited then complained loudly that they should keep these controls and not offer alternatives because... reasons. And they were listened too.

Honestly you either put the control of the aircraft's nose entirely on the keyboard or entirely on the mouse. You don't put up/down on the mouse and left/right on the keyboard. At the very least you should add alternative options for people who want to fly "normally".

Also some keybinds for aircraft aren't even bound unless you do so yourself. On top of that the basic keybinds aren't half adequate for the A2A combat that has evolved. So new players have to fight twisted unintuitive controls, incomplete keybindings, incorrect keybindings and the skillcurve simultaneously to get to a point where they can finally have any fun in the air-game. And they wonder why the air-game is a desolate void that everyone has tried but only a teeny tiny portion really sticks with.
    • Up x 2
  4. Tarjan

Ugh not the answer I wanted, nor the answer we deserve.
  5. DirArtillerySupport

The cathartic release of killing every flying baby whale via AA tastes so much better than any explanation we think we deserve since this abortion was released.
    • Up x 1
  6. TR5L4Y3R

it´s not possible to asign yaw to the mouse
    further the game lacks sensitivitysliders for keypresses
    even try to confic a controller without the option to set your sensitivity makes flying a nightmare in game
    it´s the primary thing that kept me from flying (getting a handcramp after a while, and this is the ONLY game i get that)

would be great if aside from the above the devs would aditionaly include the ability to strafe or bank as well as nerf reverse manouver ..