BR 100 without membership?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Statboy, May 30, 2020.

1. Statboy

Has anybody approached BR 100 without ever having a Premium Membership? I feel like someone has to have at this point. I am BR 91 and have never had Premium myself, I got curious as I am approaching the milestone. Its been a grind because 1) I'm not that good, 2) I'm operating at half the XP gain, and 3) I main engi/bus driver.

Just to head off those who have this complaint, yes I do spend money on the game to support it. I just hate with a passion monthly membership. But since I enjoy the game I do feel, the I should reward the Dev's for bringing me enjoyment.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428297992012500401/stats
    yes that is below 60k total earned Certs at BR 91.
  2. MonnyMoony

It's perfectly possible. I achieved BR120 and then (thanks to last years Halloween event) managed to scrape enough certs to jump to ASP. I achieved ASP BR50 this week.

I have been playing since launch though - so it's taken a while.
  3. InexoraVC

I am. BR 101. This is newly created character (created a year ago).
  4. Campagne

I have as well.

Also have never used a single booster either. I just collected the few handfuls I've ever won from alerts, got about 10ish I think.
  5. IVANPIDORVAN

ASP 95 right now, 6 years.
  6. NotziMad

Yeah, I have, more than once. Although by the time I start levelling to ASP 100 I usually get membership (just for the nanites).

If you're using boosts and/or are spending money on the game with other stuff, it's a lot more efficient and cheap to get the membership than it is to by boosts etc.

For example, you got 50% XP with membership, for 13 Euros (for one month). 1000 DBG Cash is like 10 euros and that'll buy you 2x 3 day 50% XP boosts and you'll have 282 DBG left over.

And that's without mentioing the other benefits of membership.

I know it sounds like I'm selling memberships here but it really is a lot more worth it to buy it and not buy anything else than the other way round, purely from a "fact" point of view.
  7. zelekk

79 ASP with 1,5k h and **** tone of time spent fooling around
    • Up x 1
  8. Blam320

I'm currently BR 108, having played on and off since 2014, and having never bought a membership. My goal is to reach BR 120, then buy my way into ASP with 10k certs.
    • Up x 1
  9. MichaelMoen

Present.

After getting to BR100 I broke down and got the membership so I could use the ASP perks, but before then I was a completely free player, besides all the Daybreak cash I bought over the years.
    • Up x 1
  10. TRspy007

I've got 2 ASP 100 characters, and 3 that are in ASP but not yet past 75. A lot near normal BR 100.

Perfectly achievable, I cancelled my membership after the second year of the game's launch, and it was pretty useless to gain xp back then anyways cuz I was a total noob and it was really hard to earn anything back then.

Also the game has tons of 2xp weeks for everyone, I would suggest you join them. I one double xp week I went from ASP 93 to 100 before the end of the week. Otherwise it takes a bit more time to level up, but nothing impossible.

Obviously, if you're a bus driver, it's going to take you even more time to level up.
  11. Garmus

My BR between 105 to 110, dont remember exactly, stopped playing Planetside 2 shortly after Bastion update (still reading forum from time to time). Never been a Premium Member, never used my Alpha Squad Boost, just normal playing like every other soldier. And I am just casual player in PS2, its not hard to reach high BR.

For fast cert-farming, I recommend playing as repairing Engineer (do NOT forget throwing ammo boxes to friendlies) or healing + reviving Medic. Being in a squad and repairing / healing / reviving squadmates increase your XP gains.Btw. Squad Boosts further increase these XP gains.

Destroying vehicles are also effective and fast cert-farming way.

Killing dozens of enemies is effective cert-farm only if you are high-skilled player with very good headshot aiming reflexes.

IMHO, I recommend to focus on your gameplay enjoyment, certs will came along the way anyway.
    • Up x 1
  12. T.A.94

Went from BR1 to BR 120 and then again 10000 Certs later from BR1 ASP to BR 100 ASP without membership.
    Currently I am playing with membership and got my NSO on BR120 + BR 96 ASP in less than a quater of time, compared to the previous character.
  13. That_One_Kane_Guy

Of course. It's only a question of time. I did it playing <10hrs/week and there's people that have significantly more time than that invested.