NS colossus....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ican'taim, Apr 29, 2020.

1. LordKrelas

If there is a God-like Gauss-Saw User, the Gun doesn't suddenly have hitscan properties.
    More incentive to use Fight-Ending Farm-Machines, that the majority can never actually use.
    Outfit Commanders only, and when used by Zergs, are even worse, as they already had the numeric advantage.

Why are Outfits now "hey , I can rail down Orbital Strikes at will, Nuke spawnrooms, and have Hard-Counters to Anything via Spawning an Outfit Only Single-Unit that can dominate an entire lane"
    Aren't they meant to be coordinated groups, not "Watch me use God powers with no counter past another God power"
    • Up x 3
  2. Pelojian

if it's no more then 1.5x to 2x the size of an MBT i don't see size as much as an issue, should still fit through vehicle gates.
    the biggest problems i see with it is:
    size = not being able to fit through most terrain esp hossin.
    firepower = it'll more likely be used by zergfits to farm bases harder with a bastion on their side.
    mobility = as a ground unit it'll be slower/less maneuverable then the bastion, the bastion can just fly away from it like aircraft can from 'deterance AA'
    orbital strikes will still be able to kill it due to low mobility.

a better idea would have been to put special AA batteries in each base specialized to have piercing ammunition that are run off a cortium supply people can fill through ANTS, personal cortium stockpile, outfit stockpile. turrets can only be damaged/destroyed when they are powered and manned.

outfits would be able to shift their own cortium powering anti-bastion base defense from hex to hex from the main map if they had permission in their outfit.
  3. Blam320

And where do you think the issue lies? Because I think it lies with the practice of zerging, not with War Assets. I'm perfectly fine with Outfit-exclusive tools, and I'm fine with outfit leaders restricting their use to the higher ranks. I don't want any old grunt to be able to blow an Orbital Strike on a Deploy Shield Sunderer. And I don't think solo players should be able to get them, either, for just running around after whatever fight is biggest.

I'll be the first to admit that the War Asset system needs more strategic depth to it, but I'm adamant in my opinion that it's perfectly fine for a game to reward some forms of gameplay over others.
  4. LordKrelas

Well Outfits having OSTs at their finger-tips is insane: The PMB one is bad enough, but this one is out of no where.
    As is anyone having OSTs, that easily -- Outfits themselves, being able to drop Outfit Specific assets, with no actual usage or benefit for anyone outside of their outfit, on top of absurd capabilities of these assets.

Outfits, benefit the most from Zerging; War Assets are only available to Outfits, and fielded by them.
    Outfits have the easiest time Zerging, and the Asset system happily Rewards zerging.
    Working with an Outfit, that isn't your own, Is absolutely pointless.
    Working outside their squad is counter-productive - Even Platoons have limited motives past itself.
    Anyone outside of that, is also counter-productive.

And what Gameplay do these war-assets reward, and why should it reward higher?
    Right now, Leaving your allies to die & lose the lattice base, if it isn't your outfit, is rewarded - as now you can cap it.
    Right now, Bastians are a reward best done by zerging, abandoning your allies in defenses, and they are most effectively used by Zergs over anything else, to the exclusion of the Ground having any purpose past death near these flying machines.

Which benefits only the Outfit itself, but locks the entire faction from spawning other bastians.
    The present Outfit-only Tools, are Anti-PMB Bombs, Anti-Air Skyshields (which don't work), Callops to obstruct like hell, instant Orbital-Strikes (without any Emplacement requirements or counter), and Bastians.

The next one, is a Massive Tank, apparently meant to be Anti-Bastian.
    Only available to Outfits, whom likely just did every means possible to get resources - the Zergfits are in the best position to gain these assets & use them.
    And these War-Assets, are solid counters to Non-Outfits, to straight fight-Killers, able to executed at any moment.
    If you are fighting an Outfit; They can drop an OST without warning or set-up.
    A Zerg is now armed with OSTs that have no set-up or physical location nor warning.
    A Zerg is now Rewarded for their Tactics, with a Bastian, that demolishes - which reinforces any Zerg with ground-domination.
    The solution to an Zerg, whom can spawn Bastians more often, is also in the hands of the Zerg, so if you aren't a Zerg Outfit, the Zerg Outfit is most likely to be able to afford the counter.

Why in christ Orbital Strikes are so casually available is another matter.

If War Assets, weren't 'Hey, Outfit, so I have this superior equipment', which is a reward for basically leaving allies to rot,
    It wouldn't be such a Pissant of a system - As it discourages anyone to work outside their outfits.
    While outfits, let alone the Zergers, now have easier access (due to zerging), to mass-affecting tools, with no practical counter - let alone that the Bastian's apparent new counter, is also locked to the same system.

• Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

Really, we get another non faction specific vehicle...hooray

At least we get to actually do something to bastions now from the ground, provided we're part of a zergfit that has the resources to pull one, hopefully it costs far less than pulling a bastion, otherwise there will literally be no point of implementing it.

Judging by the size and the fact it needs to deploy, I'm assuming this is going to be a nice "SHOOT ME!!!" target for the guys in the bastion.

Also, I let's hope they don't give this thing a million health, cuz although that would help it fight a bastion (or at least "deter" it), it would be a mega pain for vehicle and infantry gameplay. Unless maybe they can make the cortium bomb damage/disable it? Doesn't really sound like dbg thinking right there though.

Really you'd think instead of finding ways to crush gameplay they'd be working on battleflow, bug fixes, new player experience, new maps.....NOPE! We get more of the same looking NS garbage, except now it's zergfit exclusive.

Honestly, how hard is it to design faction specific vehicles? Give them the same abilities and weapons, sure, I can understand, but at least have some creativity! Give TR some glorious looking vehicles, make VS stuff look alien like and give NC some stuff that looks like it was built in a space-garage; we can give the NS stuff TO THE NS ROBOTS!!!!! I'm supposed to be playing a game with 3 distinct factions, yet they're all using the same sh*t??!!??!?!

Really there was no need to add the cancerous bastions, OS, and this colossus, but at least do it respecting the theme of the game? If they're gonna waste their time with this stuff instead of maps or new player experience, why not take a look at re-skinning vehicles to make them look faction specific?? Would be a change from the plain and boring NS stuff we've had for years.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

these things will be pulled by the zergfits that are already ruining fights with spam orbitals, and bastions,
    now they get a zergfit-only fight ruiner on the ground too!

we should just be allowed to damage bastions by shooting them, less of this stupid invincible fun-ruiner.

and what kind of counter is a big slow ground vehicle for an air vehicle that can simply fly away?!
    "oh no they pulled a colossus at a tech plant, no worries we're on the other side of the map in 10 seconds."

totally agree that they should be focusing on other stuff,
    NSO is still a half-arsed mess, Javelin sucks, Defector sucks, and hey they need an MBT,
    and we have a tank asset, so the solution is simple...lets add the tank asset as a zergfit-exclusive.
    this is what happens when they hire a youtuber with ZERO experience to be lead developer...
    big dumb explosions everywhere.
    • Up x 3
  7. TRspy007

They shouldn't even have been able to damage ground in the first place. With the current state of the A2G "gameplay" who in their right mind would add another even more controversial air vehicle??

The thing should have served as a support for ground troops. Sort of like a mobile forward outpost/hardspawn. A place where the whole faction could rain down from it using drop pods, or pull air if you are in the platoon who pulled it. They should have made it drop ANVILS and/or give something similar to a continent/large base benefit to the members of the faction inside that hex.

Hell, maybe generate a sort of moving citadel shield to coordinate footzergs/armor pushes. Idk, many people already made a ton of threads/suggestions about this, I really think the devs could have made something a little bit more creative than the same looking fight killer.

They could at least have taken the time to give faction specific looks to such an "important" vehicle. You expect me to believe the different factions all use the same gear?? Why don't we all just play NS at this point? VS: give it cool looking futuristic alien thrusters; TR: give it a GLORIOUS practical look, simple and functional; NC: give them something similar to what everyone has right now, a boxy, disgusting look, something only traitorous scum would use.
    • Up x 1
  8. Blam320

Orbital Strikes were available to PlanetSide 1 users who gained a high enough Command rank. They could summon them on a cooldown whenever they wanted, with a similar mini-map tool.
  9. LordKrelas

Yeah, and that's horrid insanity - An uncountable Nuke on command, easily thrown around.
    Why in christ did that make it into Planetside 2?
    OSCs from PMBs were bad enough, and they could at least be found & seen in advance.

At least a High-ranking can't mass-spam them, but dear lord, there are what 5 different flavors of Nukes.
    2 of 4 can't target the Lattice, and are construction-only.
    The remaining 2, are Outfit locked, with 1 on the Bastian, and the other in their toolkit.
    Why do we have so many grand AOE weapons? Why do we have single users able to nuke battlefields?
    Wasn't it noticed as a problem, that a single commander in Ps1, Could nuke a place?
    Or that OSCs wiping out allied & Enemies for a single kill, was a bad idea.. Now we have even easier to access OSC's.

Now we have Weapons of Mass Destruction, in Construction & Outfit Flavors, with less counters than the Construction ones did.
  10. TRspy007

yup, infiltrators couldn't cloak, everyone had access to all the weapons, we had over 20 continents, we needed ants to power bases and the game was more or less fun.

Very few people had access to orbitals, and they had a COOLDOWN as you mention, which is something the devs for some genius reason decided not to add, hence the fact we can't have a single fight without an OS, and it rains nukes every minutes at fights like T.I.

I'm really not quite sure what you're trying to tell us with this piece of information.
  11. Liewec123

a youtuber with zero game industry experience.
    made into Lead Designer.
    The Bane of Planetside.
    the idiot we call Wrel.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

Everyone screamed for the devs to hire wrel and now you all complain about him being there. Everyone screamed for the bastion to be added for years and now you complain about it. o_O
    • Up x 2
  13. Scrundle

With 10K base health (the Vanguard has 6k base health so use that as a useful guide) that bubble better be able to absorb a whole lot of punishment or else this "AA tank" is just a nice package of five kills and a handful of certs to a couple of libs.
    Think about it, how long does it take current air vehicles to kill two MBTs? Not long right?
    • Up x 2
  14. TRspy007

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the main thing the community was asking from the devs, certainly not an implementation like that anyways.

Also not everyone asked for him to become a dev, and the few that did are pretty disappointed with how poorly the game's been run, and had asked for other youtubers to join the team too. I won't lie, he did have some fairly interesting ideas back when he ran the channel, and I did support him entering the team. However he hasn't delivered on his promises, and his take on the game isn't responsible and well thought out.
    • Up x 1
  15. ChUnKiFieR

Is this where we're going now? We've run out of ideas so just make **** bigger? Sad!
    • Up x 1
  16. Garmus

Yes, but you probably forgot that we screamed for years for a PROPERLY DEVELOPED Bastion. We did not screamed for this basically invincible fight-ruining crap.

Fix? Delete its shields, and make its entire model vulnerable to all vehicle-damaging weapons and give it 5 mega or whatever-the-number-millions HP, so even the newbie players at level 1 with their starting rocket launchers can contribute in destroying this Beast of War. Encourage teamplay between all (yes, I specifically mean even non-outfit-members) players, not making this game even more "Zergfit-only"-side2. Btw. this Bastion invulnerability (and spammable Orbital Strikes) are two thing that convince me temporarily stopped playing this game, and I am waiting for some intelligent game patch to fix these fight-ruining problems. At this moment Bastion for me feels like a Raid Boss from World of Warcraft dungeon. If you do not precisely using step-by-step exact strategy (dictated by game developer), this thing is totally invincible to any damage ad capable of wiping entire party (read:entire platoons).

About the Colossus:
    When I compare the size and model volume of the Colossus with a Lightning (which is another tank from Nanite Systems), the Colossus should have around 50 000 HitPoints (this is just my rough guess, I do not have their 3D-models to do exact math). And I think its bubble shield should be deleted, otherwise it would be probably "abused" as an invincible Techplant / Amp Station / whatever sieging artillery (if I see correctly, the bubble can cover at least another two MBTs inside it).

//Edit:
    Forgot to mention: Do not make Colossus another outfit-only crap. Make it available for every single player in the game, of course with a reasonable price. Example of Anti-Colossus-spam feature? Set a Colossus spawn price to 20 000 Loyalty , or whatever that new "currency" is called, so one player cannot spam this tank.This way, everyone can spawn it, even the new non-outfit players will be happy and stay in this game, but they will need to think when and where to spawn Colossus, which ads more to the strategic element of this game. Just making things bigger, outfit-locked or simply invincible do not add much to that strategic element.
    • Up x 3
  17. TRspy007

Outfit loyalt is only for people in outfits, so the new non outfit players won't have access.

Maybe make it bought with a7? Idk
  18. Werkitten

This is much easier to solve. You can always create an outfit from one person and get a merit very quickly. I've already done that and now I'm getting merit several times faster than when I was in the big outfit.
    The system likes perfect cohesion :)
    • Up x 1
  19. TRspy007

that I know, but I'm not sure how they expect new players to find that out considering the tutorial has always been...lacking?
  20. Endlave

I was waiting for the Colossus for years and got REALLY excited when a friend told me they finally wanted to add a NEW MBT vehicle with GUNNER SEATS. I was SO HAPPY, but then I heard it was outfits only and immediately got disappointed. I waited years for a new MBT vehicle and now I will never get to play with it.

This outfit exclusive BS needs to go. Makes you feel like second class citizens or something. Everyone in an outfit is having the times of their lives with Bastions, OS and soon Colossi too while the rest of us plebs get to serve as their farming dummies.

Come on, Wrel. I don't wanna hate on you but the changes to this game since your addition have not benefitted the game for me a whole lot. Especially the ground vehicle gameplay suffered a lot and I would love for that to stop. Make ground vehicle gameplay fun again and give them new stuff.

I am tired of this outfit only junk.
    • Up x 1