[BUG] No voice comms!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stonehelm, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Stonehelm

I have not had working voice comms for several months. I was hoping this latest big update would fix the issue. In-game voice menu shows in red letters "unknown error" and nothing that has been suggested to me like renaming game files, editing useroptions.ini etc has worked. I have done 3 clean installs to no avail. I suspect it has something to do with my usb audio device. i tried opening a bug report but it was immediately closed because "it works for me" was the technician's corrective course of action. Any help?
    • Up x 1
  2. vaxhax

I'm necro'ing this post almost a year later because I've suddenly got the same problem. And the weird thing is it did work recently, before the latest update.
    • Up x 1
  3. FLHuk

I have a voice bug that started recently, is it like this....

You log on, you press prox key in the WG and no indicator? Same for the other channels should you join a platoon etc.

I found if you drop back to the char selection screen and pick a char, even the same char when you're back at the WG it all works.
  4. TRspy007

Basically you have to reset your coms every time. Just un-check the coms in settings, kind of like you have to toggle the show mission every time you log on to see cap times.
  5. vaxhax

I toggled the comms settings off and on multiple times and it did not fix the issue. Saw that other thread and was hoping it would work. Was getting tired and grumpy last night so going to drop in now and see if I can find another solution. If not, I'll just be the mute medic. My outfit hasn't been online in over 5 years I think lol... /s

EDIT: well today toggling does seem to work, at least I'm getting the channel info popping up on transmit. Haven't gotten a response yet whether a human is hearing something on the other end though.
    • Up x 1