[Suggestion] Why not us (problems with qol)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pixelpros98, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Pixelpros98

Why can’t ps4 have anything good. Plain and simple we have been sitting on nothing for about a year and a half. Heck we haven’t even had an update in 2020. We can’t have any updates we can’t have building although we have ants for some insane reason, and we really feel left out. Half the time coms don’t work.
  2. Pixelpros98

We will never get building. We will never be listened to. And best of all we will never stop having fun with the most broken game in existence. I heard a pc player tried playing on ps4 once and he felt bad for us because the game is so unplayable and old. He talked about how improvised the controls we’re and laughed at piloting, tanking, cloaks, etc. plz can we get some sign that the devs haven’t given up on us. We would at least like you guys to say “oh yeah we’re just gonna leave ps2 on ps4 to die”, because at least we would know that it’s over. Plz help devs with everything
  3. Demigan

Because consoles have far more limitations than PC's? Its a 7 year old PC at this point and isnt getting much better.
    • Up x 3
  4. TRspy007

1) There's very little playerbase. There's not a lot of players on PC, even less on console. That already makes console an afterthought.

2) Consoles have worse specs (especially in CPU) than PC. For a game as demanding as Planetside 2, that's very CPU hungry, it means you have the choice between you 400$ PS4 melting or a less enhanced experience. The devs went for the later. Even the most modern of rigs have drastic fps drops and struggle to run the game at times.

3) Asides from specs, consoles also have other limitations. For example, you're playing the game essentially on a remote that has far less options for keybinding than a mouse and keyboard, or even a joystick for some tryhard pilots. Simply put, you're going to have to give up some functions anyways, even if your console could run it.

4) It's a snowball effect. There's not a lot of playerbase, so there's not much investment from the PS4 community, so the devs leave PS4 behind, and the playerbase get smaller, there's even less people funding the game on PS4, which validates the dev's decision to forget about PS4, which continues the vicious circle.

But yeah, if you think there was ever a way you could get the full PC experience delivered to on console, I'm sorry dude, you're just not being realistic. It was a marketing stunt, and like most of the stuff the company has done, the success of it was....temporary at best.

Furthermore, "We will never be listened to". Yup. The devs haven't listened to the majority of the PC community in a while, which far out-populates the console playerbase. Just imagine how much thought they give to the PC community, and then take that already little amount, and divide that an infinite amount of times; that's the amount of attention they give to your console problems.

Also, don't bother addressing the devs here, they haven't checked this place in years, Reddit or twitter is the only place you might be able to get one to take a glimpse at your desperate cry for help. You're really naive if you think they'll reply.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pixelpros98

Kinda oofed up to think about it. Honestly we've already cried on any platform we can get to. I frikin love this game and it's pretty much the first of its type and i hate we are forgotten.
    • Up x 1
  6. TRspy007

I go over in a bit more detail in my response in this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ame-on-playstation-5-and-the-new-xbox.254099/

If you have a will of steel and can read through my wall of text, maybe you'll see why consoles were forgotten/bound to fail? At least from an outsider's perspective.