[NUC] elusive1: Infinite

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elusive1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Demigan

Both sides are trending to their own beliefs. One side speculates "I think he's cheating so we should be vigilent" and the other side speculates "he's not cheating because it is possible". This is why I used observations, "I see this shot that should have missed turn into a hit", then instead of accusing him of cheating I asked him "can you explain why?" (If only because one side cheers for any cheat accusation and the other side cannot believe any accusation no matter what).

He did come up with explanations, mostly those explanations seemed to be guesswork about the game engine rather than hard facts as the explanations held contradictions or would tell a story where the game engine picks which shots hit in favor of the player. But even when I do the same shots frame-by-frame I can only hit with a direct hit (in other words: regardless of skill level when frame-by-frame my shot is similar to his it will not get more hits).

As I've said previously: it doesnt matter if it is actual cheating or something in the game engine, what matters is that there are strange things happening that shouldnt be happening and it should be fixed if possible (or still in the game, a lot has changed since I looked into it).
    • Up x 1
  2. adamts01

Evolution in humans has been greatly impacted by societal structures, namely promoting couples instead of the most desirable man having multiple baby mamas, as you see in the animal world. There's roughly a 50/50 mix of men and women in the world, and if most find pairs then every genetic trait is passed on. Thus is often inverse to the best traits being passed on as more successful couples have fewer children on average than less successful.
  3. WinterAero

Lol. If you seriously think this is legitimate after this many years and with so many other players of broadly varying skills to compare against then its hard to know what to say really. Human reaction speed being what it is, calculating time to think aim and continue you are talking about consistent performance at the level of microseconds. Hilarious.
  4. Somentine

Uh, this dude is nowhere near godly for bolting. He's good and has some nice clips, but that is to be expected from that much playtime.

Playing against him on live and while you have to respect him, he doesn't make your life hell.

Look up SchelmTr / Nc as an example of someone who can be a huge bolt baby pain in the ***.
  5. elusive1

I do it all manually. Generally if I know it was something I would add I would end the recording and start another. But yeah I skim through a sea of recordings various sizes, and try to catch everything.
  6. Twarion

Sooo... did you have one then?
  7. Charpshooter

He was banned after cheating for views on stream, was he not? He wasn't caught for cheating in a competitive match. I don't see how this is relevant.
  8. Towie

I have no idea what news you were reading - but -

"The British YouTube millionaire, 17, sobbed on camera after being caught using notorious "aimbot" software – which shoots and kills rival players automatically.
    As a result, Fortnite creator Epic Games banned him for life for breaching its rules."

Of course - he claimed to have never used this in competitive matches - but then, they all do don't they ???
    • Up x 1
  9. Demigan

Even if he didn't use it in competitive matches, he's beeing lying to his audience and considering his earnings that lying has paid him off very well.
    Its also unfair to non-competitive players that have been cheated this way. Why would just competitions count?
  10. Charpshooter

The point is? Jarvis' situation and Elusive's situation are quite different. A more fitting situation would be IF flusha, someone who's been accused many times of cheating while playing at the very highest level of CSGO, but has denied it(obviously), was busted as a cheater. Jarvis is a ******* idiot who aimbotted on stream for attention. He's never been accused of anything before. If he was using it in competitive matches, why would he publicly announce it?

None of this matters really. Bads will stay bad simply because they are always in denial. Bad PS2 players simply cannot fathom the fact that some people are capable of feats simlply beyond their imagination. As far as I know, PS2 is the only game where the bads hold so much hate against the top players. Possibly the result of having no matchmaking system. Imagine if silvers in CSGO accused S1mple (yes, I'm aware he's been banned in the past as a teen) or Niko of hacking? They'd be laughed at. But here in this paradise known as PS2 forum it is taken seriously. I always find it funny how all the hackusators come from the... lower end of the FPS skill spectrum. Something to think about.

@Demigan
    Also would love to see a raw footage of you bolting to see if you have any perspective on being a good bolter. The fact that you cannot replicate his shot really proves nothing.
  11. Towie

My post regarding Jarvis was purely to demonstrate how fanboi-ism (and general ego stroking come man-love as shown by some to those 'godly' skilled players) can be shattered if / when. Nothing more - nothing less. He isn't the first to suffer such ignominy and won't be the last.

Alas cheating in multiplayer games is an industry wide problem and if anything, is getting worse. MUCH worse.

If you honestly think that PS2 is the only game where people are shouting 'cheat' - geez, now who is in denial ?

Take a good read of this recent article and the lengths some developers are publicly taking to address the issue: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-25-video-game-cheating-is-back-in-the-headlines

(I have to state again - despite elusives incredible results - statistically he isn't even close to the top; maybe he should be the one shouting 'cheat')
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

Should I try to be civil? It's not as if you insult everyone who dares question anything by saying they are all bad no matter what.

I encourage you to read what I did to test it. The whole purpose of the test was to take skill out of the equation, and make sure that for every shot fired I could see if they were similar to Elusive's shots and if I could reproduce the suspicious shots that he claimed were because of the game engine.

If you read it and can't understand how that works you don't have the intelligence to figure out if anyone in the game is cheating or not making it rather weird to see you defend any statement. So please try and read how I tried to reproduce it, and if you can't understand how it works admit that to yourself and stop bothering people.
  13. Charpshooter

Going through 5 pages of this thread, I don't see any video or method.

Your post on dick sizes was by far the most productive one.

Also, what exactly are you guys suggesting elusive is doing? Hitbox modding? Aimlocking? Or do you guys have this vague idea of big bad elusive hacking because he's capable of things you are incapalble of?
  14. Charpshooter

Who said cheats don't exist? I said PS2 is the only game where the terrible players have the gall to accuse the top players without having any evidence or perspective on what good players are capable of (because you're not even close to being good, and have never interacted with one).
  15. WinterAero

''perspective on what good players are capable of''

Heh. Pretty ironic that this is the thing that actually gives it all away. The days when this game was full of inexperienced noobs is long over. Sure, people can make snide remarks about those who never learn; but common sense alone will tell you that a huge amount of those are long gone. The games playerbase isn't exactly rocking out with the best of them in terms of numbers now is it.

The first experience of an outlier is exactly that. Experience. You noticeably feel that facing them is different, next to ordinary players (be they old/elite outfit or low/new). At this stage it could indeed be 'skill' amongst a sea of baddies. But all too readily you ignore the initial premise. That the game is OLD. People are used to seeing the same faces, many of whom play successfully. They aren't however one of the 'outliers' like the suspicious types are. Those would be the people, that unlike the long term veterans - have reflexes beyond human ability. Which is a medical fact you ignorant ****. Action, thought, reaction - take TIME.

The closer someone is able to reduce this time down to instant, the more skilled or experienced they tend to be. Muscle memory and so much more. But you will see, the good players all float around an average eventually. Because as the numbers get smaller, the improvement room just isn't there between 'damn fast' and 'instant'. Which leads them to rely on juke, latency and other things in a heads up collision. The 'outliers' on the other hand aren't phased by experience of any kind. Machines don't need to be.

In my experience of the game and its latency, I still have to accurately aim. In the mysterious world of people like you, taking into account varying player latency/hit-detection and client delay; people apparently still die consistently if the person fires somewhere around one foot wide of the programmed head-hitbox. So either you have altered it, or managed to overcome unpredictable variables that 99% of the remaining playerbase (from vet, to scrub) can't overcome.

And you wonder why even the inexperienced have their doubts? Hmm. Did you actually come with a brain installed per-chance.

In the end, I have little interest discussing it much anymore. The creators of x22, hagsclub, aimjunkies and beyond have openly said online that a massive amount of ps2 players bought from them, last time I spoke to one was last year (dwindling interest in the game post wrel). But these people aren't fictional. Put some time in an you can speak to them yourselves. Believe me it will rapidly put away any notion of this game being low on 'hacking', especially considering the tiny remaining playerbase. These private hack makers, did pretty well out of this community. As I am sure they hoped to with the other game that failed.

You think that EVERY vet here, lasted through that without the purchase of a few cheats themselves? Or what. Did you expect they logged in with their outfit just to get farmed by a careful cheater? LOL. Sure. Denial here, doesn't match common sense.

But yes the discussion is a waste of time. Cheaters who have endured are hardly going to come clean. If certain things were that easy, I'd talk to the CS:GO folks and meet endless amounts of your 'godly' messiah type players. Alas, as they told me themselves, such people don't exist. Human response times are more standardized, more so away from competitive LAN, than you are trying to lead on.

Another agenda bound moron no doubt. Look, in the end; this game is on its knees. Hurr durr cheats are easy to find for this game - do or don't. Whatever. Being 'good' here, is more of a joke than much else this late on. Just play. Or don't.
  16. Demigan

Well that does tell me that your reading comprehension isn't too high and there's no reason to continue any "discussion" with you.
  17. Towie

Sigh.

So Mr Charpshooter (registered September 2019 with 4 posts and 0 likes - all on this thread) - you are saying i'm not even close to 'being good' (Towie - registered 2014 - 1607 posts, 726 likes) yet you know absolutely nothing about me. At the very least you'll know I have been around a while.

I also know nothing about you - apart from what you've posted. Let's just say you have issues.

Very experienced players get to know when something just isn't right. I entered into a discussion with one particular cheater - judged by their vernacular, they also had issues and dismissed just as so many do - the 'git-gud' crowd - well, until he was deleted anyway.

Cheating is most definitely an issue in PS2 YET we still get the deniers, the git-gudders, who just refuse to believe that some of their messiahs may be using something to assist with their godly skills despite all the evidence to the contrary. While still posting gushing responses to theirs, providing the ego-stroking that they so desperately crave.

It's all a bit messed up if you ask me - i'm struggling to understand some peoples motivations.
    • Up x 1
  18. Johannes Kaiser

To phrase it in the mechanics of LA Noire: Noone has proof, so we can not click "Lie". We can, however, press "Doubt" to express exactly that. No proof, but a sneaking sensation of something being off.
    Is it possible that wird game quirks make the seemingly impossible possible? Maybe. Maybe not. The one who tried didn't get it to work.
    Is it possible that there are divine beings among us, with godlike skill and reflexes unrivaled by mere humans? Possible, but I don't think so. They'd stuck out by that point (or if they were really careful, not let some of them show off their skill in online gaming videos, at the very least...). So for the moment let's all collectively assume that this theory is not the reason. Because it darn certainly isn't.
    Is it possible that cheats or other methods of interfering cause that? Absolutely.

That means, we have cheats as a (statistically) likely and weird shenanigans as an unlikely possibility. Not throwing around any burdens of proof. Just stating the situation.
    • Up x 1
  19. FuzzyNova

Alright so after watching the video twice. Just really not thinking for or against it just watching i came to this conclusion.
    I play VS as my main and this helped me a lot by coming to this opinion. Before i continue i want to say that I use Bolt rifles and Sniper rifles alot and The Ghost is one i am extremely skilled with. As well as a few others. Also I hate Scopes past 4x most of the time. The Smaller the scope the more you can see.
    I can see why people would be quick to Judge. But i play IN a very similar aggressive manner with lower dps and sensitivity than most other players. And im seeing that here. He has managed to find the perfect DPS and mouse settings that he is comfortable at. And this is something some of us struggle with for years. We all have streaks some days we are on fire. Some days we feel were not.
    And when you are making Planetside 2 Content you want to show the best Streaks. The best clips compiled together right?
    I mean thats what he is doing here. The Opening scene Can look very very crazy in a way becuase of how fast he is pressing fire between the moment the scope is aimed and the moment its set. BUT LOOK. He is using a low dps sensitivity he is already lined up with the incoming targets. And the timing while impressive is something alot of skilled players can do. Even i have had runs like this. With scopes that are smaller and the type of weapon he is using I think any True Skilled VS INFIL can say wow damn good run.

I cant say for sure. But he was in the zone. he was comfortable and this is a dangerous mix but a mix every one of us hopes to reach during the day. It can happen. Know your weapon. Know what your doing. Your surroundings to a point. Its not fake.
    Coming from a VS Infil who has had runs like this. It happens. You can come across luck anyday and if you add a little tiny bit of luck with alot of skill then this happens. Good shooting man . I know it felt good

Clonexre - emerald
  20. JibbaJabba

Amazing how triggered people get when they see a good player.

5 pages of posts... smh