[Suggestion] 1-2 Week test of no lattice lines

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrince, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Terrince

Hello all!

Been thinking about the lattice line(s) and had the thought.
    What if, just for two weeks or whatever, the lattice lines were removed just to see how it would go and if players like it or not.

Your thoughts? Could be fun!

(If this is even possible)
  2. adamts01

You should research why lattice lines were added in the first place. Lots of cutting off territory with no fighting.

I'm not a fan of our current system, I much prefer the hybrid hex, but this system serves its purpose.
    • Up x 4
  3. TRspy007

Yeah i think you're new, because the system before was as you describe. Many problems of dropping behind enemy lines and cutting off tons of stuff.

Lattice lines were meant as a temporary fix though, pretty disappointed they still haven't changed anything.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

I wish there were optional lattice bases that can contribute to outfit resources, but aren't needed to lock a continent. Like the dreadful T in the centre of Indar. Then people aren't forced to go there when warpgates are unstable and we can finally see other areas of the continent.

Yes it's unrealistic. No it's not viable. Yes it's a bad idea. I don't care. I hate Ti Alloys.
  5. Johannes Kaiser

On a lot of continents the bases within 3 steps of a warpgate are rarely fought over these days. The most extreme case being Indar, where the only way you'll see certain bases is if you drive through them from the warpgate on the way to the front. And since this is usually not neccessary, the bases are completely obsolete.
  6. Glenndal

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a silly event like this one day a month or something. Heh, while we're at it we could have "eclipse" days where its the true-dark nights, but all day long!