voice chat doeing weird stuff

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by darkterrorist81, Mar 25, 2020.

1. darkterrorist81

Oke, first off i see multiple people over a periode of 3-4 years now that have this issues with the ingame voice system, and seeing its a very important thing in game, might a devs take a look at now, seeing its now over 4 years old and still broken.

What happens:
    - Pressing Z to talk in squad , some times does nothing it doesnt transmite or popup the squad notification.
    - Even more funny i press "Z" and it start talking in "Proximity" chat wich is bound to "numpad 4" and not the "Z" Key.

What i tried up untill now:
    Rebinding the keys - Didnt work.
    Reset keys to default - Didnt work.
    Change keys - Didnt work.
    Restarting the game - Fixes it for a short time then its back to the wacky stuff.
    Enable/Disable Numlock - most of the time for me the funny issue then starts, where i press the squad button and it sends it to proximity.

If any other people have more info on this please post below and ill add it to the post for the devs.

Running Win10 latest updates.
    Motherboard: MSI Z390 Gaming plus.
    Nvidia Rtx 2080 - 445.75
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Soundcard: Realtek 6.00.8856.0001 (English) driver

Greetz andreli
    • Up x 1
  2. jgolenbo Communications Manager

Thanks for providing all this detail - we're attempting to dig deep into this issue, as you said it's an issue that's plagued us for at least a few years now, but sporadically enough that's its been difficult to consistently reproduce and identify the bug.

Can you provide any additional info including:
    -character name
    -Outfit name
    -server region
    -any other details about when it doesn't (or does) work? in heavy action, at high pop, in sanctuary, etc?
  3. darkterrorist81

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    char name: Andreli
    Outfit: TSXF (Terran Strike Force)
    Region: EU
    More info:
    Seems to be happing even after just starting the game. the next day, tried running as admin still nothing.
    - Today a new quirk poped up didnt, mather what transmittion key i press it would only do Fireteam. so i press Z "fireteam" press numb 7 - "fireteam"
    really weird.
    - did a full reinstall a few days back issue still there, tried this on my other pc. same issue so it seems to be a real client issue.
    - disabled almost every background process to see it if wasnt a other program interfering, still no luck issue remains.
    - maybe, and i don't mind make a tool where you guys can do a client/client logs check i would run this just to get this issue out of the way.
    - Location doesnt seem to make a diffrence, nor does population around you, seems to be more a issue of the voice program it self, not registering channels/keybinds correctly. Take a look at other people's issues. Config file not writing correctly, can't join voice channel issues.

Also seems that your not the only one having issues with Vivox, loads of companies dropped them for same issues, so recommend not using them in the future anymore.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=Vivox issues&ia=web

So other user problem i found.

Volume errors:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/864980735081467341/

Squad chat not working:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/23h7ps/squad_voice_chat_not_working/

Voice chat notworking
    https://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=58947
    (seems to be the old disable / activation issue.)

Some other user info:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/voice-chat-not-working.48097/

By TrustedKiller:
    I remember seeing a Failed to join Channel or something similar in chat. My only guess is that the game is having an issue joining the various channels (proximity, squad, etc.), so we can't chat or hear anyone. Could be a server specific server. When I first made my character on one server, it worked fine, but now that I'm on another server, I haven't been able to voice chat or hear anyone.
  4. Altimus

This is a VERY old issue. This seems to happen most after making changes to platoons, such as adding removing squads and or leaving a platoon.

This issue is not that complex, just play the game the way it's meant to be played, using the in game comms and it will happen, eventually. Sometimes disabling and re-enabling of Voice comms usually fixes this problem but sometimes it gets so corrupted that is stops working the right way and locks in the last used channel even when you are not able to access the channel, such as having command enabled even though you are not a squad leader.
  5. ragetwisted

This is now an issue which happens on a daily basis. I run a full platoon every single day of the week, and I always have players which ask me how to fix comms as of recently. Mostly, it seems to be an issue with the player's client actually making and maintaining the connection to the voice servers. For example, when someone leaves a squad/platoon, their client will refuse to terminate their previous connection to squad/platoon chat and will be able to continue speaking, regardless of their enrollment in the platoon. Another issue is the reconnect issue. It seems that moving people around different squads disrupts their voice communications because they attempt to join a different instance, yet cannot in the end. This leaves them in a "limbo" state, unable to hear voice communications from squad, or even any chat entirely. If a moderator wants to investigate this further directly on my game client, I would be more than happy to help. I am available every day of the week, so feel free to let me know if you want a player to probe for this issue.