[Vehicle] Gehenna for TR harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Psinobious, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Psinobious

Lets put a flamethrower on the TR harasser so the pillager can have a bigger brother. Just up its range and velocity so we planetmans can have this nice big camp fire. We can all come together and tell our stories about how we sunk each others bastions. Just imagine that smell of burning TR, VS, and NC bodies that can give us that outside feel.
    • Up x 1
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Vulcan is already out of whack and now you want a new toy? Granted, this one will, like the Pillager, probably be devastating under very specific circumstances only. BUT, with a Harasser you can get in and out of close combat with little to no actual threat to the vehicle, whereas with a Flash you are in constant danger of being blown to bits of shot off your vehicle (tradeoff: very high destructive potential while being in constant danger oneself).
    So: NOPE!
  3. Psinobious

We just got a bastion fleet carrier which is an astronomical amount of content when considering the drought planetside went through. The team is no longer being shafted for some battle royal trash, so why not throw out some crazy ideas for the game?Don't you have any vehicle and weapon ideas you want to see added to the game? After all they did give us a bastion.
  4. Johannes Kaiser

Ideas are nice, but this weapon would way over- and outperform on the new platform.
  5. Psinobious

I doubt it would over perform, you would have to get in even closer than normal like the pillager to good. It will still get beaten out by a marauder or vulcan at range
  6. Johannes Kaiser

Harassers already have the highest roadkill-potential out of all vehicles, while being more than tough enough to survive what they get in response. So sticking something on to that supports it even more in that capacity would create the potential to wipe out entire platoons that are sitting in cover behind a bunch of rocks. Any other weapon would take a while, but since the flames aren't stopped by hitting people, the area effect could be insane. And - again - on a platform that is tough. In a huge Ascent fight, the top player was someone who ran Pillager Flash. He had about 130 kills at the last point I opened the statboard during that. Now imagine the same on something that doesn't die constantly (with the slight caveat of not gettin into rooms that easily).
  7. Demigan

I'd rather have them deliver on the promise they made when the game was launched:
    NC MAX's with flamethrowers.

Why they gave the Pillager to the TR instead of the NC is a mystery to me. Having a melty flamer on my Vanguard would also have been preferable over the Mjolnir just for the awesome factor (and the Mjolnir is an inaccurate grenade-lobbing Vulcan, which sounds 50x more awesome than it is). Balance wise: Don't let it deal too much damage per second maybe?

Question is, what counter-weapon would the other two factions get?
    VS: A version of the UT shockrifle where you first fire a large slow-moving plasmaball that you can detonate by shooting it with a high-velocity plasma bolt. The individual plasmaball and plasma bolt could deal light damage to focus the player on the plasma explosion combo. The slow movement of the plasma ball would encourage use in close range.

the other one...?
  8. Demigan

So instead of saying no to a new weapon, shouldn't we just reduce that ridiculous toughness? It can tank more shots than a Lightning if it plays it cards right (more than 7!), and dodge triple the amount of shots the small Lightning can dodge. It has no reason to be this tanky. 3 shots should be it. A fourth shot should only happen to finish off a burning target that used either fire suppression or an engineer.
  9. Johannes Kaiser

Absolutely, but we should do step 1 (reduce tankiness) before step 2 (new weapons that only work properly after step 1). While as the platform isn't in line as it is, we should not think about new weapons that would be the overkill of overkills on the current version.
    • Up x 2
  10. Psinobious

Fear mongering aside, the pillager is complete trash its velocity is so slow that if you move fast enough you end up burning yourself, you actually have to stand in place to safely secure a kill. Your saying in this massive farm fest that no one decided to be a light assault and go around, an infiltrator and snipe him off, or just chuck grenades at him? I don't know about you but barely anyone in TR uses the pillager. The only time I have seen someone actually use a pillager was a just random person burning a sundee no one was spawning at to the ground.

You talk about this weapon being the most overkill of overkill weapons for farming in the game, have not seen what a kobalt sundee can do. With double kobalt sundees you are basically deleting people from a much greater distance than what a harasser can ever pull off while also being much tankier. Sure you can run them down pretty easy with a tank but its low cost allows it to be much more cost efficient than a harasser that has to get in and out.

Also this mentality of we have to nerf everything and suppress new ideas under the guise of "balance" is what got us combined arms initiative.
  11. Johannes Kaiser

12. Psinobious

All you have done in this thread is just say planetside 2 does not need new content and it should just focus on balance, like it did for the past 3 years. Even when your asked if you have any ideas on new weapons to add to the game you just retreat to bashing this one idea because we got to uphold the "balance" in this game.
  13. Demigan

I think he said "first fix the Harassers blantantly OP toughness, then start adding weapons". His initial anti-new-weapon stance is due to the situation the Harasser is in now, and he (like me) would prefer to have that solved first before new weapons are added.
    What you seem to have most problems with is his thoughts on the Pillager.
    • Up x 2
  14. Lord_Avatar

Flamethrowers are too awesome to give them to the NC. They should have been TR from the get go. :D