[Suggestion] Increase render range for hardlight barriers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Marik, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Marik

I've noticed it more often lately, but the render range for the barriers needs to be increased. In close combat it's there, but if you go a little further away it doesn't exist anymore and you can shoot people behind it.
    I know the range has been shortened to make the game more fluid. But it's funny that the mana gun is still there (and can be used as a shield) but the barrier is no longer there.
    The example shown below was in the bio lab.
    I don't know what it looks like on the PC, but I play Ceres on the PS4 server. And it can't be because of the connection. Because if I get any closer, she'll be back.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    (https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-e36fbd-1580672874.jpg.html)

[IMG]
    (https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-438ef8-1580672958.jpg.html)

---------------------

Renderreichweite für Hartlichbarrieren erhöhen.
    Der Titel ist Programm.
    Es ist mir in letzter Zeit öfter aufgefallen, aber die Renderreichweite für die Barrieren muss erhöht werden. Im Nahkampf ist sie da, aber geht man etwas weiter weg existiert sie nicht mehr und man kann Leute dahinter wegschießen.
    Ich weiß die Reichweiten wurde verkürzt um das um das Spiel flüssiger zu gestalten. Aber ab schon komisch dass das Mana-Geschütz noch da ist (und als Schild dienen kann) aber die Barriere Hinfällig wird.
    Das unten gezeigte Beispiel war im Biolabor.
    Ich weiß nicht wie es auf dem PC aussieht, aber ich spiele auf dem PS4 Server Ceres. Und es kann auch nicht an der Verbindung liegen. Denn wenn ich wieder näher rangehe ist sie wieder da.
    • Up x 1
  2. BrbImAFK

Huh. I've noticed that quite a bit... the whole "getting shot through the HL Barrier" thing. I thought it was some sort of lag-switch hack that they were shooting me even while I was fully covered, because they'd just frozen the game so that I was still standing in the open!

Didn't realise that the barrier simply wasn't rendering. And the distances this is happening are complete BS. I've been shot through a screen in a biolab by a guy just outside the SCU room, while I was at the top of the stairs looking down on it (completely behind my shield). This basically means that the shield is worthless outside shotgun range!

What a ******* waste of certs!
    • Up x 1
  3. Johannes Kaiser

On PC it isn't that bad from my experience, but this game and render distances always had a somewhat strained relationship.
  4. JibbaJabba

It seems to get trimmed early when the population loads in an area climb.

Very frustrating to fire at something you can't hit and not be told.